PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Simon Cowell bought a Veyron......American Idol/X Factor pay that good?

EJ25RUN
03-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Link: Read the article title...LOL (http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=3646)

From Article

"""The Daily Mail has some pics up today of Simon Cowell driving around LA in his black Bugatti Veyron. If you don't know, the Veyron is the fastest street-legal car in the world (or maybe second fastest, depending on who you believe) and costs around 1.4 million. It has a top speed just over 250mph, thanks to a W16 engine, which is basically two V8 engines in a W shape. The Mail says:

Cowell bought the car in Los Angeles last October, in a huge car-buying splurge that month which saw him scoop up a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe back in the UK. A snip in comparison to the Bugatti at just £300,000.
The reality TV multi-millionaire who is reported to be worth over £100million already owns a fleet of luxury cars, including a Ferrari and a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe.
In an interview with Top Gear he waxed lyricial about his Rolls Royce: "It's the most beautiful, most comfortable, best-engineered car ever built. I can hardly bring myself to say it but it's - oh, sod it! - perfect.
"When I drove the car I felt so good, I knew I had to have one. So, I spent £300,000 on one for my house here in LA.
"I'm going to pick up another when I get back to London and I am already on the waiting list for the 100EX cabriolet."

I don't think I'm alone when I say that Simon Cowell and his fabulous life can go **** themselves."""

speedminded
03-11-2008, 08:55 AM
lolol, any idea how many reality shows his production company owns? Take a wild guess what his contract is on JUST American Idol alone...

"In 2006, Cowell signed to two more record-breaking deals. In the USA, he agreed to remain as a judge on American Idol, earning £20 million ($40 million) per season for another 5 years."

You think he still afford a Veyron? Remember that's just for America Idol, that doesn't include American Inventor, America's Got Talent, the X Factor Grease Is The Word...then all the royalties from re-runs off the shows :tongue:

Kamikaze
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
He had a Phantom sedan when it first came out so a Veyron isn't surprising.

EJ25RUN
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
He had a Phantom when it first came out so a Veyron isn't surprising.

he had 2
Now hes on the waiting list for a Phantom Drophead.

Kamikaze
03-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I remember when Ashton Kutcher did that one episode of Punked when they pretended they stole his Phantom. If I remember correctly, he didn't seem that upset just confused. Either he has great insurance or he's just that loaded.

NAIZBST
03-11-2008, 10:14 AM
must be nice

EM1toEVO
03-11-2008, 12:14 PM
It sucks to think that there are people who aren't affected by the downward swing in the economy. He's still making 40 mil a year(on Idol alone) to be a smarta$$.

MistaCee
03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
^^ Really I could do that lol. But congrats he made it so I guess he can do that stuff.

speedminded
03-11-2008, 12:18 PM
It sucks to think that there are people who aren't affected by the downward swing in the economy. He's still making 40 mil a year(on Idol alone) to be a smarta$$.Branding and marketing is the key plus you can easily be wealthy if you work hard and are motivated be the best at what you do...

ironchef
03-11-2008, 12:24 PM
He cleared over $80 million last year alone. And hes not a dumbass rapper who just throws their money away on bling, Cowell won't have a worry in the world for the rest of his life, nor would his kids and their kids and so on.

redrumracer
03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
I remember when Ashton Kutcher did that one episode of Punked when they pretended they stole his Phantom. If I remember correctly, he didn't seem that upset just confused. Either he has great insurance or he's just that loaded.
im going to go with the loaded

EM1toEVO
03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Branding and marketing is the key plus you can easily be wealthy if you work hard and are motivated be the best at what you do...

I can't argue with that. :goodjob:

EJ25RUN
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
i respect the man..... but mainly for this reason.....

The only Top Gear S.I.A.R.P.C worth watching. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FKn5od07WU)

koukis14
03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
I hate American Idol but for some reason have a lot of respect for Simon Cowell.

_Christian_
03-11-2008, 07:39 PM
With the amount of money he has, it's not a big deal for him to have a Veyron. I didn't know how wealthy he is though.

Ronsam2006
03-13-2008, 12:33 AM
God damn...wish I could clean the restrooms on American Idol.lol

Sol-Badguy
03-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Holy crap, Simon's track time on that video.

Julio
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Simon C has been rich for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time... damn noobz.