PDA

View Full Version : Removing my charcoal canister from my 93 miata (pros/cons)

Annik5k
03-11-2008, 01:56 AM
basically I just streight piped from the purge solinoid valve to the tanks vapor rod...

it has increesed my cars power by a bit and i solved the (gas smell) by doing this.

but does anyone have any further knowledge of pros/ cons to this change?

(i know it wont pass emiisions but i have year... and its an easy bolt on process) ::shrug::

DinanM3atl
03-11-2008, 12:13 PM
You have to roll on the dyno so it may pass emissions without it. Depends on how the engine is running.

It would fail a visual inspection if the people even know to look for it.

Annik5k
03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
You have to roll on the dyno so it may pass emissions without it. Depends on how the engine is running.

It would fail a visual inspection if the people even know to look for it.

but besides that theres no PHysical damage really to be done (other than a gassy smell on occasion?)

DinanM3atl
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Nah. It is an emissions controls device. Most systems work after you shut your car off. Any vapors or fumes will vent into the canister and then be allowed to go back into the intake to burn off.

Annik5k
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Nah. It is an emissions controls device. Most systems work after you shut your car off. Any vapors or fumes will vent into the canister and then be allowed to go back into the intake to burn off.

maybe you know... will it cut the gas milage down?

DinanM3atl
03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
It could slightly since it does filter back into the system but hardly something that would register as lost mileage.

Annik5k
03-11-2008, 04:46 PM
It could slightly since it does filter back into the system but hardly something that would register as lost mileage.

thanks for the advice man +rep4u