PDA

View Full Version : Spotted at NADS

Captain-Obvious™
03-10-2008, 09:52 PM
JDM ITR camera phone pic courtesy of Cody Lowe :goodjob:
Didn't know if everyone understood. It's not a ITR with a JDM front. It's a RHD Integra type r from Japan. OK now were good.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/mrhan44/ITR.jpg

BTLFED
03-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Wow. A JDM ITR. Me and Rupertaker picked up 2 of those in Texas a year or two ago along with a Civic Type R. All real deal from Japan. That doesn't impress me.

AnTi-PooN
03-10-2008, 10:00 PM
^^^ buzz kill, lol

Got Milk?
03-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I LIKE!

Captain-Obvious™
03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Wow. A JDM ITR. Me and Rupertaker picked up 2 of those in Texas a year or two ago along with a Civic Type R. All real deal from Japan. That doesn't impress me.

anyway...aparently for sale so someone pick this up!

EJ25RUN
03-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Did you ask what year?

Captain-Obvious™
03-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Did you ask what year?

I wasn't there my buddy sent me this in a text..just head up to NADS and ask 'em I think he said 22,000 or something like that though for the price

EJ25RUN
03-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I wasn't there my buddy sent me this in a text..just head up to NADS and ask 'em I think he said 22,000 or something like that though for the price

ROFL........

OK... OK.... Ill stop.

Who am i kidding? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Captain-Obvious™
03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
ROFL........

OK... OK.... Ill stop.

Who am i kidding? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

what does that mean?

AnTi-PooN
03-10-2008, 10:18 PM
translation: they charge outrageous prices

EJ25RUN
03-10-2008, 10:22 PM
what does that mean?

A $22,000 Integra..... MSRP for a 2001 Type R was $24,450 brand new.

Think about this one for a sec.

xlilvi3tx
03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
22k? u must be crazy out your mind to be asking for that much or buyin it!!!

GSRteg®
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Someone got riped off.

SiLkY_JohnSon
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Too Expensive For that Car

Batlground
03-10-2008, 10:51 PM
id give them $10,000 if its mint. if it has a title, maybe $13,000

Captain-Obvious™
03-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I didn't say the price was good or fair I just reported it the way I heard it

WHT_EP3
03-10-2008, 11:09 PM
if it was for 13k i think its good price but 22k lmao

EJ25RUN
03-10-2008, 11:13 PM
I didn't say the price was good or fair I just reported it the way I heard it

Is it a 4 lug car? I can't see in the pic.

Captain-Obvious™
03-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I zoomed in it's 4...

DC2NR
03-10-2008, 11:18 PM

I'd just go ahead and buy a supra or nsx.

EJ25RUN
03-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I zoomed in it's 4...

so its a 95-97 teg. B18C3.

SiRed94
03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
damn... at the price...

japan4racing
03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
buy a gsr + jdm front conversion + turbo set-up = faster car for less and it looks the same. hype r ftl!!!

Captain-Obvious™
03-11-2008, 01:07 AM
lol I guess you pay that much if your desperate to be JDM

japan4racing
03-11-2008, 01:18 AM
why would anyone be desperate to look like a stock car in japan? i was just pointing out that you could have a car that looks ok without dropping that kinda coin. if it were me i would buy a stock gsr for $5500 and a turbo set up for $3000 and have a damn good looking car for half the price, have performance, and have an easy time selling it because no bank will loan that much money on an integra that is 10 years old. just an idea i have...its not how it has to be. its just my opinion...along with my opinion that being jdm is uber gay. if you happen to have a car that has some jdm style whatever but yearning to have a jdm ride is just gay..gayer than 8 dudes sucking off 9 dudes. becuase when its all said and done that car is not gonna be worht ****. its still an integra no matter where it comes from.

Captain-Obvious™
03-11-2008, 01:23 AM
why would anyone be desperate to look like a stock car in japan? i was just pointing out that you could have a car that looks ok without dropping that kinda coin. if it were me i would buy a stock gsr for $5500 and a turbo set up for $3000 and have a damn good looking car for half the price, have performance, and have an easy time selling it because no bank will loan that much money on an integra that is 10 years old. just an idea i have...its not how it has to be. its just my opinion...along with my opinion that being jdm is uber gay. if you happen to have a car that has some jdm style whatever but yearning to have a jdm ride is just gay..gayer than 8 dudes sucking off 9 dudes. becuase when its all said and done that car is not gonna be worht ****. its still an integra no matter where it comes from.

I'm not bashing you dawg i'm agreeing with you.... reps...:goodjob:

J-ROCK
03-11-2008, 05:50 AM
looks god just would never pay that much for a teg!

NAIZBST
03-11-2008, 10:15 AM
I doubt it is legalized and registered here

EJ25RUN
03-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I doubt it is legalized and registered here

none of their cars are.

Captain-Obvious™
03-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Apparently they'll let it go for $20,000. 60000 miles and it's a 97. My buddy test drove it: and no It's not a mirrored picture

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/mrhan44/RHD.jpg

Fr33way
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Maybe there are some new kids on the block that are getting blown away by this but what's with the tiny pictures? Not that I'm particularly interested.

BobbyFresco
03-11-2008, 03:14 PM
id give them $10,000 if its mint. if it has a title, maybe $13,000

Word....:goodjob:

redciv1
03-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Some of the comments about having a faster could be legit but come on people, let's step back a bit. It's a JDM TYPE-R with 60K on the clock. Forget about JDM and all the hype this is one of those cars that in a few years could become a classic. American muscle cars were classics because of the #built and uniqueness. Not saying this car deserves the price but for someone that was trying to build a collection of rare imports, it's not bad. It's not always about how fast the car goes, but for the record the Type-R was a racecar.

Captain-Obvious™
03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe there are some new kids on the block that are getting blown away by this but what's with the tiny pictures? Not that I'm particularly interested.

camera phone pics...

white_rice
03-11-2008, 04:10 PM

lol i cuoldve purchased the skyline off of plesant hill (spelled wrong) around there

JITB
03-11-2008, 04:15 PM
if it was 4door... than id be impressed..

gen2freak
03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
hmmmmmmm

NAIZBST
03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
hmmmmmmm

:thinking:

Captain-Obvious™
03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
:thinking:

x2

Evil Goat
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Some of the comments about having a faster could be legit but come on people, let's step back a bit. It's a JDM TYPE-R with 60K on the clock. Forget about JDM and all the hype this is one of those cars that in a few years could become a classic. American muscle cars were classics because of the #built and uniqueness. Not saying this car deserves the price but for someone that was trying to build a collection of rare imports, it's not bad. It's not always about how fast the car goes, but for the record the Type-R was a racecar.

lol @ a "classic integra" :thinking:

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
lol @ a "classic integra" :thinking:

He's right to a certain extent.

As a driver's car... the ITR is a great machine and is one of the few FWD cars that will go down in history as a classic. It was made with a purpose with more than the daily commute in mind.

Now that doesn't mean it has to be from Japan. Any ITR no matter where it was sold qualifies so "JDM" has nothing to do with it.

And why would you want one, well it's obviously not your type of car if going in a straight line is the most important thing. It's for the person who will take his car up to the mountains are actual track days to wind it out.

The Integra Type-R, is a classic just like every car Type R car to leave the Honda factory is. The Type R cars are built all around with improved Chassis, brake and of course engine modifications as well. But i feel like most people here or in the tuning scene in general assume that the only way to drive is in 1/4 miles. For that reason Type R really does mean nothing. Very few features of a Type R really benefit it for those purposes. But if auto crossing, mtn runs, or for any other true driving, the Type R shines.

Just think about the thick Sway Bars, LSD, better welded chassis and frame design for stiffness and strength, and reduced weight. These are all characteristics of a true performance car.

Again, im not a JDM or Honda fanboy, i respect ITR Integras as they were built to give the average guy a chance to own a car similar to what you'd see on the track and that's what it is. The Type R family is the closest Honda ever got to true homoligated specials.

For $22,000, i'd just buy a 00-01 Integra Type R in much better shape and half the price if i really wanted one.

But again, not just by me but by automotive journalists the world over....The Type- R is a classic.

Benefit
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
^^ type-r ftw

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd just go ahead and buy a supra or nsx.

For the price...Yes. For comparison of the car....No

But for the price......I saw used NSX.

WHT_EP3
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
i went to nad today and saw the car personaly but they were really serious about them getting 20,000 for it like everyone on here i way to damn expensive 16k and under would be more rational for what it is
if you look really hard you could even find a the 2007 CTR and imported here for around 25,000 so um ill stick to that instead of the ITR

NAIZBST
03-12-2008, 05:33 PM
good luck importing a 2007 CTR.....the us importing laws are getting stricter

SandM
03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
i saw it yesterday. the car looks good. i'd love to pick it up and have it as an awesome DD. i heard that it has been sold, and it went for like 16k or 19k?
but... that much for a non-registered car? i'd rather have a usdm.

SandM
03-12-2008, 05:47 PM
if you look really hard you could even find a the 2007 CTR and imported here for around 25,000 so um ill stick to that instead of the ITR

my buddy just got back from japan, and he said something about a mugen civic RR? mmm... 240 hp
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/stygiosracing/civicmugenrr.jpg

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 05:48 PM
my buddy just got back from japan, and he said something about a mugen civic RR?

and what did he say exactly...he aint gonna get it in to the us, ill tell you that.

SandM
03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
and what did he say exactly...he aint gonna get it in to the us, ill tell you that.

hell no, but since he was talking about importing a 2007 ctr, why not mugen RR?

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
hell no, but since he was talking about importing a 2007 ctr, why not mugen RR?

i'd like to see that happen, but more power to him.

NAIZBST
03-12-2008, 06:05 PM
mugen RR are sold out for 2008 there were only 300 of them and sold out in 10 minutes..next years model will probably do the same...

there was a mugen RR for sale and it cost almost 50k us in hong kong.. shipping and all of that would be ridiculous.... but it would be able to get legalized in the US just to let anyone know

Evil Goat
03-12-2008, 08:00 PM
He's right to a certain extent.

As a driver's car... the ITR is a great machine and is one of the few FWD cars that will go down in history as a classic. It was made with a purpose with more than the daily commute in mind.

Now that doesn't mean it has to be from Japan. Any ITR no matter where it was sold qualifies so "JDM" has nothing to do with it.

And why would you want one, well it's obviously not your type of car if going in a straight line is the most important thing. It's for the person who will take his car up to the mountains are actual track days to wind it out.

The Integra Type-R, is a classic just like every car Type R car to leave the Honda factory is. The Type R cars are built all around with improved Chassis, brake and of course engine modifications as well. But i feel like most people here or in the tuning scene in general assume that the only way to drive is in 1/4 miles. For that reason Type R really does mean nothing. Very few features of a Type R really benefit it for those purposes. But if auto crossing, mtn runs, or for any other true driving, the Type R shines.

Just think about the thick Sway Bars, LSD, better welded chassis and frame design for stiffness and strength, and reduced weight. These are all characteristics of a true performance car.

Again, im not a JDM or Honda fanboy, i respect ITR Integras as they were built to give the average guy a chance to own a car similar to what you'd see on the track and that's what it is. The Type R family is the closest Honda ever got to true homoligated specials.

For $22,000, i'd just buy a 00-01 Integra Type R in much better shape and half the price if i really wanted one.

But again, not just by me but by automotive journalists the world over....The Type- R is a classic.

i see copy/paste is still treating you well....not sure a car that was mass produced the world over, even a "special edition" will ever be considered a classic, stateside anyway, but to the fanboys im sure it will be, if it already isnt considered such

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
i see copy/paste is still treating you well....not sure a car that was mass produced the world over, even a "special edition" will ever be considered a classic, stateside anyway, but to the fanboys im sure it will be, if it already isnt considered such

copy paste? Are you suggesting i plagiarized what i wrote.

dELfONiK
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
If you want a Type R, just get one of these...

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/3/0/1/0/4/5/webimg/77246384_o.jpg

japan4racing
03-12-2008, 11:21 PM
this thread is full of fail. im not argueing the fact that type-r's are nice cars and im sure its gonna be a car that is remembered...but come on man...a classic..those days are over. this car wil a car that ppl talk about but it wil not be anything worht having in your collection. in 2040 when you have a 1997 itr its gonna be worth about $1500. its still a honda and no one cares about it except for the ppl that hold it on a pedestal because of its jdm goodness. look guys..i have had 3 mazda 323 gt's they made ~2500 turbo mazda 323's in 88 and 89...roughly 700 were 4 door models. i ahve had 3 of them. that is way more rare than any itr and they are not worth ****.

EJ25RUN
03-12-2008, 11:28 PM
this thread is full of fail. im not argueing the fact that type-r's are nice cars and im sure its gonna be a car that is remembered...but come on man...a classic..those days are over. this car wil a car that ppl talk about but it wil not be anything worht having in your collection. in 2040 when you have a 1997 itr its gonna be worth about $1500. its still a honda and no one cares about it except for the ppl that hold it on a pedestal because of its jdm goodness. look guys..i have had 3 mazda 323 gt's they made ~2500 turbo mazda 323's in 88 and 89...roughly 700 were 4 door models. i ahve had 3 of them. that is way more rare than any itr and they are not worth ****.

You obviously have no way of seeing a classic.

You answered part of what i was gonna say.

Rarity is not the only factor in a cars collectibility, 323 was #1 an ugly car with no real performance pedigree. No one wants the ugly things. Just like cars from the 80's are returning in raised value, the GNX, Turbo Trans Ams, and SVO Mustangs. A classic has many factors and the ITR fits many of those. It's not just what YOU would put in your collection but the general population of collectors down the road. So yeah, if a 15,000 mile ITR exists, it will be worth a lot of money in 2040. Like i said before, JDM has nothing to do with it. It's a great car period. A 323 just isn't. If you disagree, then you dont get it.

japan4racing
03-13-2008, 01:39 AM
i dont get it then..because to me a itr is just an integra. so why dont you use your infinite wisdom on classic imports and buy a few itr's???? im sure you would be a millionaire in a couple years. the 323 was def ugly..i agree..but so were many classic cars that grace barrett-jackson...the rareness is what brings the money on those old cars. the turbo 323 was rare and even today is only worth a few grand. a mass produced honda is not gonna pull any coin.....so no i dont get it.....i dont get why a honda is gonna be some kinda icon 32 years from now. i dont doubt it will be remembered..i have said that already..but to me a classic is a car that will be remembered as well as be wanted and worth money...alot of it. itr is to classic cars as the hemi cuda is to pottery.

Humphrizzle
03-13-2008, 04:15 AM
japan-partner.com has them for less than 8k shipped. Just need to be americanized then you'll have one for 12k.

If i remember correctly, rupertaker had one for sale with spoon front lip RHD, CW, recaros, for like 9900 dollars on here about 5 months ago.

just have to get them when they're in stock

AnthonyF
03-13-2008, 07:05 AM
what does that mean?also he asked what year...not how much.

but 22k? i better be able to fuk the pres. of Honda in the ass for 22k for an integra

NAIZBST
03-13-2008, 08:12 AM
japan-partner.com has them for less than 8k shipped. Just need to be americanized then you'll have one for 12k.

If i remember correctly, rupertaker had one for sale with spoon front lip RHD, CW, recaros, for like 9900 dollars on here about 5 months ago.

that was not registered or legalized

EJ25RUN
03-13-2008, 09:58 AM
i dont get it then..because to me a itr is just an integra. so why dont you use your infinite wisdom on classic imports and buy a few itr's???? im sure you would be a millionaire in a couple years. the 323 was def ugly..i agree..but so were many classic cars that grace barrett-jackson...the rareness is what brings the money on those old cars. the turbo 323 was rare and even today is only worth a few grand. a mass produced honda is not gonna pull any coin.....so no i dont get it.....i dont get why a honda is gonna be some kinda icon 32 years from now. i dont doubt it will be remembered..i have said that already..but to me a classic is a car that will be remembered as well as be wanted and worth money...alot of it. itr is to classic cars as the hemi cuda is to pottery.

Your way off on your analogies.

A Type R is to an Integra as is a GT3 RS is to a 911. It's built different and were made for homiligation purposes.

Read this Wiki article

"An interesting and little publicised fact about the 1996-2001 DC2 Type R is that Honda lost money on every single vehicle sold, even though extra dealer markups sometimes made for excessive dealer profit. Honda produced the DC2 Type R for homologation purposes to meet FIA certification of the motor and the chassis changes to make the car more competitive in N-series and World Cup racing. The details required, hand tooling in early versions and finishing the product through the use of various small fabrication shops in Japan made for increased costs in manufacture that could not be made up in the list price of the vehicles. Honda (and Acura in the US) deemed the car important for the marque's image and important for the racing programmes of the era, and the parent company therefore accepted a financial net loss on each vehicle sold."

Barrett Jackson is not a good example, Allot of the cars that bring high dollar at Barrett Jackson have less than 10 miles in their lifetime. That's not a real car if you shove it an a shed for 25 years. Also, the industry has changed since the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. Those ultra low production cars are not gonna exist anymore.

The biggest factor for Barrett Jackson today is these are cars were sold when most of these 40+ year old buyers were young. On top of that they are primarily from the U.S. or European decent. So obviously the market isn't there in the U.S. currently and might never come. That is a different story elsewhere in the world. There are a few Japanese cars that could bring the 100,000+ number like the 2000gt and some race cars. No doubt this cant happen in japan. Now if were to go to 2040, in Japan with a rare example of a Type R, such as the first one of a certain model year or an ultra low mileage car it might bring high dollar at an auction.

But all i just wrote is to go with your Barret Jackson example.

Again i'm looking at the Type R as a classic because Honda didn't have to make. But they did and it became the best FWD car ever. It was built to go round a race track like every good car should and gave more to the driver than any other car like it. Why do you think they still sell for 12,000+ and Nads thinks they can get 22,000 for theirs. You don't have to wait 32 years because the ITR is 10 years old now in it's earliest example sold in the USA and again worth around $12,000....That's a 50% deprecation in 11 years.

japan4racing
03-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Your way off on your analogies.

A Type R is to an Integra as is a GT3 RS is to a 911. It's built different and were made for homiligation purposes.

your reading comprehension is way off. i was not comparing the itr to integra's i was comparing the itr to classic cars. i am very aware that the itr is the top dawg integra. however if compared to actual classic cars you easily see the differences.

thanks for the history lesson on the itr. most companies that make a "race model" make for the same reason the itr was made. the turbo 323 was produced for rally. they had to have a production car..blah blah...who cares. its just a 323. its the same with the itr. im not totally disagreeing with you cod. its going to be a memorable car..i just just dont think we are gonna see anyone going crazy over a low mileage itr 30 years from now. this is the era of throw away cars.

just remember guy, im not saying you are wrong just saying that in my honest opinion they will never reach the status that you see the hemi cuda's have. they will never be saught after. i dont see anyone re-storing an itr. just my opinion. you can call off your wikipedia search now. you have nothing to prove

EJ25RUN
03-13-2008, 10:22 AM
your reading comprehension is way off. i was not comparing the itr to integra's i was comparing the itr to classic cars. i am very aware that the itr is the top dawg integra. however if compared to actual classic cars you easily see the differences.

thanks for the history lesson on the itr. most companies that make a "race model" make for the same reason the itr was made. the turbo 323 was produced for rally. they had to have a production car..blah blah...who cares. its just a 323. its the same with the itr. im not totally disagreeing with you cod. its going to be a memorable car..i just just dont think we are gonna see anyone going crazy over a low mileage itr 30 years from now. this is the era of throw away cars.

just remember guy, im not saying you are wrong just saying that in my honest opinion they will never reach the status that you see the hemi cuda's have. they will never be saught after. i dont see anyone re-storing an itr. just my opinion. you can call off your wikipedia search now. you have nothing to prove

It's not gonna be a Hemi (off coarse not), but we have different opinions on it, ill leave it at that.

japan4racing
03-13-2008, 11:52 AM
It's not gonna be a Hemi (off coarse not), but we have different opinions on it, ill leave it at that.

i already left it at that..i was waiting for you to catch up :D

AnthonyF
03-13-2008, 01:47 PM
that was not registered or legalized still was much cheaper.

BlkCD5
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
the car will get stolen in no time. :no:. I hope whoever buys this has enough sense to secure it.

BTLFED
03-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Rupertaker has had many JDM Type Rs including a JDM Civic Type R.

rupertaker
03-15-2008, 09:14 PM

and LOL at the japan partner comment.