PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy exhaust for my Eg

Hondatypr636
03-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Gonna go buy an exhuast system for my Eg. Does anyone know any websites that have decent prices. looking for HKS or Apexi.

B18C5-EH2
03-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Can't really help with a specific source to get the best price, but I just wanted to throw this out there:

Try to get an exhaust that routes over the right rear lower control arm rather than under it. I know I've seen Apex-i and HKS exhausts that routed under the control arm, and the piping there usually gets destroyed if you car is lowered a good bit.

Just a tip from experience.

;)

TicketRedBB6
03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Nopi sells some Apex-i exhausts in the lower 400's last time I checked. I've seen them around 500 on other sites.

itsnotarex
03-11-2008, 08:22 AM
You can get an exhaust custom made for probably half of what you'd pay for a ready made aftermarket piece. I went this route because it seemed like nobody out there had what I was looking for, and I'm very happy with it. Some muffler shops even mandrel bend. I know there's a midas here in atlanta that does. They quoted me 349 for a mandrel bent 3 inch exhaust, so I imagine a 2 inch exhaust using significantly less piping would be much less expensive. Ask around and see what you find out. It's not about the brand name, but about how it performs, sounds, and looks, right? Good luck!

Also, if you absolutely want to buy an exhaust from the aftermarket, I know a lot of people swear by buddy club. They're apparently reasonably quiet and make good power.

Hondatypr636
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
i dont want anything real loud

404 THE DC4
03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Can't really help with a specific source to get the best price, but I just wanted to throw this out there:

Try to get an exhaust that routes over the right rear lower control arm rather than under it. I know I've seen Apex-i and HKS exhausts that routed under the control arm, and the piping there usually gets destroyed if you car is lowered a good bit.

Just a tip from experience.

;)

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/DC2Integ01/DSCN.jpg

apexi exhaust that route over the rear lower control arm... well?

B18C5-EH2
03-13-2008, 07:36 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/DC2Integ01/DSCN.jpg

apexi exhaust that route over the rear lower control arm... well?

1. That's an Integra exhaust

2. I never said Apex-i doesn't make an over-arm exhaust, but I've seen a lot of their N1 systems for EG hatches that go under the control arm.

I'll find a pic of their EG exhaust and see if they still route them under the control arm.

B18C5-EH2
03-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Here is a pic on an EK hatch:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTU3ODQ0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

I will find an EG pic too. I've seen numerous EG Apex-i N1 exhausts that route like that, and if I'm not mistaken the N1 style HKS also goes under the lower control arm too.

If you get one of the quieter, not straight-through type exhausts from either company they go over the arm.

B18C5-EH2
03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Here is the HKS Hiper on an EK hatch - it routes the same on an EG hatch too:

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/1397.jpg

Basically the "race" canister exhausts from HKS/Apex-i route this way. Tanabe Racing Medallion goes over the arm, but the muffler/canister doesn't sit at the same crazy angle either.

Personally, and maybe because I'm getting old, I like the quieter oval exhausts these days. I'd look into the Apex-i WS Noir - it's a very low key matte black system that looks hella pimp IMO.

If my EG was my DD I'd ditch the Tanabe Racing Medallion (due to noise) and get the Apex-i WS Noir, but since it's not my DD I'll keep enjoying the VTEC scream at 8500rpm from the straight through canister.

Hondatypr636
03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey B18C5 are u tom?

Hondatypr636
03-13-2008, 08:29 PM
is the apexi gonna be good for now and when i boost?

Batlground
03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Tom is right, be carefull of what exhaust you get, most people destroy theirs with the UNDER styles.

I personally reccomend the Skunk2 Mega Power "R" if you plan on boosting. its a 2.75in exhaust, great price and great fit.

PURP
03-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Do like I did...take it to your muffler shop and get it ran from the cat to the back...less chances of an exhaust leak and you can get an apexi or skunk2 or whatever you want put on it for around 130-150..I got 2.5 ran all the way back to a magnaflow muffler for 130 bucks.

Hondatypr636
03-15-2008, 10:56 PM
well guys i bought the apexi world sport II exhaust will post pics soon.