PDA

View Full Version : Suprising Wins

Ronsam2006
03-10-2008, 01:30 AM
There is this 1999 version M3 that had ran me a while back, but it was pretty neck and neck. About 6 months later, we both had mods done. He had cams and a tune. I had bigger intercooler and more boost.
-He was driving alone, I had one passenger with me.
We did a 45-110 or so, and I put a car and half on him.
Then from 30 and up and I put about 2 cars on him.

Then on the way back, we met up with this ls/vtec 1994 model civic coupe.
We did a 40 and up and I put a car and half.
Then he wanted a 50 and up, but he stayed in second gear and I was in third, I put about 2 cars on him.

But all in all, these were some good runs.

Will have vids up soon:goodjob:, if the civic guy agrees.

collins
03-10-2008, 05:25 PM
dont be a sissy... post 'em anyway! :D

whitekoop
03-10-2008, 07:59 PM

x2

rojodamonkey
03-10-2008, 08:15 PM
x3

Ronsam2006
03-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Lol, I should have rephrased that....the civic guy owns the video camera. So waiting for upload :)

collins
03-11-2008, 08:10 AM
HAHA. yeah, that makes more sense.

j0nbunklah0m
03-11-2008, 09:23 AM
i can vouch for these runs i was ridin passenger heh

wantboost
03-11-2008, 09:44 AM
what color was the m3?

j0nbunklah0m
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
what color was the m3?

black i think:thinking: possibly dark green?

OnURleft
03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Haha yeah. Not so suprising for me. Boost vs. No boost...Unless i'm all motor high compression + spray or huge displacement hah which i'm not. DSM + 16g Turbo + big front mount + lots of boost vs. Cam only M3 = predicatble outcome. Good run though. However the 2nd run I was infront until about 100, you crept up front door to my front fender then I let off way early due to traffic. Good run though. Maybe 2 car lengths after I let off hah. Good runs though you def had me by 1-1.2 cars by 120 from 45.

j0nbunklah0m
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
the civic n m3 shoulda raced

wantboost
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Haha yeah. Not so suprising for me. Boost vs. No boost...Unless all motor high compression + spray or huge displacement. DSM + 16g Turbo + big front mount + lots of boost vs. Cam only M3 = predicatble outcome. Good run though. However the 2nd run I was infront until about 100, you crept up front door to my front fender then I let off way early due to traffic. Good run though. Maybe 2 car lengths after I let off hah. Good runs though you def had me by 1-1.2 cars by 120 from 45.
so it was you. was this after you all left?

OnURleft
03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
the civic n m3 shoulda raced

I won't race anyone who's a douche about there set ups as I do this rarely for amusement. Him "I make 190whp"...Us "oh nice it was running right with us, can we see the motor?"..Him "No." Us "are you serious, c'mon who cares nobody is racing for money" Him "naw man." By the sound of his motor he was very high comression..and he did say 12:1 and a built something afterwards but he was def. hiding something

Ronsam2006
03-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Haha yeah. Not so suprising for me. Boost vs. No boost...Unless i'm all motor high compression + spray or huge displacement hah which i'm not. DSM + 16g Turbo + big front mount + lots of boost vs. Cam only M3 = predicatble outcome. Good run though. However the 2nd run I was infront until about 100, you crept up front door to my front fender then I let off way early due to traffic. Good run though. Maybe 2 car lengths after I let off hah. Good runs though you def had me by 1-1.2 cars by 120 from 45.
Well...I thought it was suprising since the last time we raced....I barely got half a car on you and after that we were dead even. ANd that time we were both driving alone. This time all I have is a bigger FMIC, 1psi more, and A PERSON. So for me it was a surprising win...boost or not.

Oh plus, I swear the tires were fully burning in second...thats the only reason you pulled till we both hit thrid gear, so a 45 or 40 roll would make no difference. If I get different tires, I know I can at least put 3 cars on you with the same setup.

j0nbunklah0m
03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I won't race anyone who's a douche about there set ups as I do this rarely for amusement. Him "I make 190whp"...Us "oh nice it was running right with us, can we see the motor?"..Him "No." Us "are you serious, c'mon who cares nobody is racing for money" Him "naw man." By the sound of his motor he was very high comression..and he did say 12:1 and a built something afterwards but he was def. hiding something

tru i also felt that he was hiding something.. wats the point of not showing under the hood if u are trying to sell it... maybe there was a frankenstein k24/20 in there :ninja: jk:taun:

OnURleft
03-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Well...I thought it was suprising since the last time we raced....I barely got half a car on you and after that we were dead even. ANd that time we were both driving alone. This time all I have is a bigger FMIC, 1psi more, and A PERSON. So for me it was a surprising win...boost or not.

Oh plus, I swear the tires were fully burning in second...thats the only reason you pulled till we both hit thrid gear, so a 45 or 40 roll would make no difference. If I get different tires, I know I can at least put 3 cars on you with the same setup.

Yeah but suprising or not i told you would win. we'll do it again for fun. My window was open so I heard when you spun and depending on you cars top end I think 3 car lengths wouldn't be possible at the lower speeds we were racing at. Where's the vid? We should hit up SDR on Fri/Sat..down?

dcshoeco
03-12-2008, 04:25 PM
When are the vids going to be posted??

LongLiveH2b
03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
When are the vids going to be posted??

ACTUALLY TODAY....@
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycGfvXo_KUw

these are the vids. and it doesn't look like to me that i lost by 2 cars or even 1.5 cars, i mean i know the talon is fast and so's the M3, but dont get mad that a honda kept up with u, and im not hiding anything! ever think of "power to weight ratio" and the reason why i did'nt pop my hood is there was a ton of ppl there,what if i wanted to keep my civic? i dont want everyone to know my setup and if your not comin' w/ cash in hand, im not poppin it:2up: thank u!

OnURleft
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM

these are the vids. and it doesn't look like to me that i lost by 2 cars or even 1.5 cars, i mean i know the talon is fast and so's the M3, but dont get mad that a honda kept up with u, and im not hiding anything! ever think of "power to weight ratio" and the reason why i did'nt pop my hood is there was a ton of ppl there,what if i wanted to keep my civic? i dont want everyone to know my setup and if your not comin' w/ cash in hand, im not poppin it:2up: thank u!

haha mad respect to you man. Car was cool and I know you sounded legit when you said 12:1 compression..built.. i could tell by listening to it from the back. It just seemed odd I've raced lighter cars with similar power or similar cars with more power and been even or faster but you and me were close. For example, ej88's made 210 whp and we were even in his 95 civic ex coupe with no back seats etc. Nice runs. thanks for filiming and being cool about it

LongLiveH2b
03-12-2008, 10:50 PM
^^^^^^no prob.

j0nbunklah0m
03-12-2008, 10:58 PM
ACTUALLY TODAY....@

reps for the vid! could u post the talon vs m3 also? i wana see that as well

LongLiveH2b
03-12-2008, 11:08 PM
^^^^^ and here u go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMXPEBPY5Ok

j0nbunklah0m
03-12-2008, 11:11 PM
^^^^^ and here u go

ohh that was the second run, damn u kept up good camerman ftmfw!

Ronsam2006
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
ACTUALLY TODAY....@

This is the run in second gear, when i was spinning...but then you asked for 50 roll...so i put it in third, thats when you stayed in second....I think thats when i put around 2 cars. Im not sure..but i think you have the vid. Its no big deal tho...good runs.

Ronsam2006
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Yea you are right, i dunno if i brake boosted or not,....saw how as soon as we started, i just fell back....my tires suck :( but i think i can get some better tires by the next time we meet. We can run again...:goodjob:

Oh and the funny thing is....I was running the same boost I ran last time we ran like 6 months ago. I guess that FMIC and some other minor shiit really makes a big difference....and I had a passanger with me this time.

LongLiveH2b
03-13-2008, 12:21 AM
This is the run in second gear, when i was spinning...but then you asked for 50 roll...so i put it in third, thats when you stayed in second....I think thats when i put around 2 cars. Im not sure..but i think you have the vid. Its no big deal tho...good runs.

^^^^:lmfao::lmfao: this doesn't make sense, ok i rev to 9.5k so i can stay in second i say i was around 7-7.5k @ 50mph, u in the other have to shift to 3rd at lower RPM range then me, what makes u think that if u were to pull me 1.5 cars when were both in 2nd and u pull me 2 car lengths by starting in 3rd gear while im still in 2nd?:thinking: :thinking: and yea good run:goodjob: , next time we run, u shoud'nt just stop @110 when u had the lead, we had enough stretch to go faster.....

UpSideDownDesi
03-13-2008, 12:28 AM
ACTUALLY TODAY....@

LOL funny how you try to hide your setup and there it is rite there in you avatar LOL.

Ronsam2006
03-13-2008, 12:37 AM
LOL funny how you try to hide your setup and there it is rite there in you avatar LOL.
LOL...that is kinda funny..but he has to keep his secrets.

LongLiveH2b
03-13-2008, 12:44 AM
^^^^hehehe!!finally a smart ppl "UpSideDownDesi":look: :yourock:

Ronsam2006
03-13-2008, 12:48 AM
^^^^:lmfao::lmfao: this doesn't make sense, ok i rev to 9.5k so i can stay in second i say i was around 7-7.5k @ 50mph, u in the other have to shift to 3rd at lower RPM range then me, what makes u think that if u were to pull me 1.5 cars when were both in 2nd and u pull me 2 car lengths by starting in 3rd gear while im still in 2nd?:thinking: :thinking: and yea good run:goodjob: , next time we run, u shoud'nt just stop @110 when u had the lead, we had enough stretch to go faster.....
Trust me...brake boosting would def help...plus the fact that i would have no traction loss.

OnURleft
03-13-2008, 08:54 AM
^^^^^ and here u go

not bad for a short sprint. I let off early due to something hoarding the closed course in Mexico. Maybe next time we can bring it up higher

Ronsam2006
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
not bad for a short sprint. I let off early due to something hoarding the closed course in Mexico. Maybe next time we can bring it up higher
Sure...anytime :)

OnURleft
03-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Sure...anytime :)

come to S.D.R on sunday. you'll get to run tonsss. open track w/ competition 10-4

UpSideDownDesi
03-13-2008, 03:07 PM
^^^^hehehe!!finally a smart ppl "UpSideDownDesi":look: :yourock:
LS/VTEC...with GSR/B16 tranny, bolt on's, aftermarket internals. If i can guess that much without being there then next time just pop the hood. Have to say you are bad at keeping secrets. :yes:

Ronsam2006
03-13-2008, 04:43 PM
come to S.D.R on sunday. you'll get to run tonsss. open track w/ competition 10-4
SDR Dig runs? Of course you would get me in a 1/4 mile. FWD Turbo=sucks. You saw how I just fell back in 2nd gear in our vid. But im going to Commerce tomorrow, hopefully I can get some good times. SDR is way to far!