PDA

View Full Version : Having electrical trouble.........

tippatone
03-10-2008, 01:11 AM
My turn signal in my Integra is acting straight up crazy. First off, i changed all the bulbs and i get that quick blinking action from the cluster, second, my hazard lights dont work, third, when i have my headlights on my right turn signal stays on and when the headlights are off, and i indicate to turn right, the hazard lights work and the clock flashes. I am not even going to try to mess with it does anyone know where to take my car to have this kind of electrical problem fixed? And all the fuses are good, i changed most of them out and if they blew so quickly i have a real problem

jew_boy
03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
you probably have a exposed wire somewhere

tippatone
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Where do i go to fix something like this??

iNsTuN nOoDoH
03-10-2008, 02:29 PM
This happened AFTER changing your bulbs or you changed your bulbs and this happened? Best place would probably be Acura, since they have access to the schematics.

Schugg
03-10-2008, 03:41 PM
My turn signal in my Integra is acting straight up crazy. First off, i changed all the bulbs and i get that quick blinking action from the cluster, second, my hazard lights dont work, third, when i have my headlights on my right turn signal stays on and when the headlights are off, and i indicate to turn right, the hazard lights work and the clock flashes. I am not even going to try to mess with it does anyone know where to take my car to have this kind of electrical problem fixed? And all the fuses are good, i changed most of them out and if they blew so quickly i have a real problem

first check your wiring at your lights, they may have been rewired at somepoint for some special headlights or foglights. if thats the case just check to see if you messed up any of the connection points when you put the bulbs in. could have been they just twisted the wires together and put electrical tape on it. those dont usually last.

if thats not it its probably not much of a problem to check it from the blinker switch to the lights, get a electric/manual for the car, get a multimeter take the blinker switch off, its like 2 or 3 screws, either phillips or the star/torx whatever thing. find the part of the manual for that and check to see if you get the right readings. between there and the lights. i would really recommend doing that before paying someone else to do the same thing. here some online manuals, bunch of integra ones on there not sure which you need. http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

This happened AFTER changing your bulbs or you changed your bulbs and this happened? Best place would probably be Acura, since they have access to the schematics.

huh? you said "this happen after changing your bulbs?" and "you changed your bulbs and this happened?" sounds like you worded something wrong. both lead to it happened after the bulbs were changed....

iNsTuN nOoDoH
03-10-2008, 05:38 PM
yeah, I'm an idiot. I worded it wrong. Meant to say did it happen before or after the change of bulbs. The Asian in me comes out sometimes. haha

Schugg
03-10-2008, 07:49 PM
haha, reminds me of my friend from tech school he was asain....he had ALOT of those moments.

tippatone
03-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the help, i think i will consult a pro for this one, do anyone know anywhere i can go???

mitch lab
03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
there is also the turn signal relay in the fuse box.

NAIZBST
03-14-2008, 08:08 AM
your turn signal assembly could be going bad.....