PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions about apartments..

The Ren
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
So the boyfriend is looking to move from Boston to here around October..but we seem to be having a huge problem trying to find good apartments.. so for those of you who live in apartments..Where do you live and what are your likes and dislikes..

Brett
08-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Just go to the grocery store and pick up the free magazine they have that has all the local apartment complexs so you can see what looks good to you or him

Spyder
08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
So the boyfriend is looking to move from Boston to here around October..but we seem to be having a huge problem trying to find good apartments.. so for those of you who live in apartments..Where do you live and what are your likes and dislikes..

what area and price range are you looking at?

The Ren
08-10-2005, 05:26 PM
We've done that but then when we went on the apartment ratings website.. we saw how bad some of those ones we really liked were... Id rather get some info from current residents.. any problems with bugs... theft.. thing slike that they dont usually tell you

Spyder
08-10-2005, 05:27 PM
We've done that but then when we went on the apartment ratings website.. we saw how bad some of those ones we really liked were... Id rather get some info from current residents.. any problems with bugs... theft.. thing slike that they dont usually tell you

they dont? lol

The Ren
08-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Area- Not a HUGE deal.. kinda around atlanta and surrounding areas...
Price Range- At Most $850 (Stretching it there)..
2 bedrooms (one if we have to) and bigger than 800 sq. ft...

HyPer50
08-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Well... you didn't respond to what price range, but i used to stay in Parkwood Place near Windy Ridge pkwy.... nice apartments, not too many neighbors (only like 3 buildings for the entire complex and it's right next to 75/285.. main downside was it was $1100/month for a 2 bedroom apartment.

Edit: nevermind, i see the price range now... sorry heh

Spyder
Area- Not a HUGE deal.. kinda around atlanta and surrounding areas...
Price Range- At Most $850 (Stretching it there)..
2 bedrooms (one if we have to) and bigger than 800 sq. ft...

being as that isnt very hard to find so far , would you prefer an area? north south east west? any preference?

The Ren
they dont? lol
Well when we looked at the park at briarcliff they looked great but when i went to the ratings website there were so many people who complained about roachs/ants and car break ins and such.. and the office made it seem like there was no theft or anything.. I didnt like that

Julio
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
http://www.wesleyherringtonapts.com/live/site/trlm.rz

Nice place.. No problems at all in 8 month living here. If I move from here it will be to a house.. But the apartments are nice and nice customer service.

I live in The Rockefeller apartments.
Located in the middle of Lawrenceville and Duluth.. :goodjob:

Spyder
08-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Well when we looked at the park at briarcliff they looked great but when i went to the ratings website there were so many people who complained about roachs/ants and car break ins and such.. and the office made it seem like there was no theft or anything.. I didnt like that

the "lol" at the end of my statement denotes a "joke" or perhaps some sarcasm was likely used in my responce. :D

anyhow, i dont live there, and i dont even know what appartments you are talking about but briar cliff is a semi shady area. there are some really nice apartments in duluth area, alpharetta is good to.. basically anywhere that isnt to close to the city or marta is generally good..

Julio
BTW.. Cheap rent at apartments means.. ghetto mofo place.. fo sho 98% of the time.. I've what I have seen. But hey.

Tracy
I have an apartment for rent in the highlands, but it's $850/month
www.batlground.com/house.html
it's unit #2

Tracy
08-10-2005, 05:38 PM
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/albums/housepix/thumb_6.jpg
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/albums/housepix/thumb_7.jpg
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/albums/housepix/thumb_s.jpg

these are some of the pics

Spyder
08-10-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/albums/housepix/thumb_6.jpg
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/albums/housepix/thumb_7.jpg
http://www.batlground.com/gallery/albums/housepix/thumb_s.jpg

these are some of the pics

damn that place is small!

The Ren
08-10-2005, 06:24 PM
OH AND I NEED A PLACE THAT ALLOWS LARGE DOGS...

Tracy
08-10-2005, 06:40 PM
damn that place is small!
LOL! It's almost 1000 sqft

The Ren
08-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Tracy as long as it allows dogs im not opposed to it...

LaurenK
08-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I'd like to know, of people who live in Apts on the site, how much there rent is vs. how many bedrooms they have...I am looking into Apts at the moment. And, does it have a washer/dryer already, deck, fireplace...etc...

Tracy
08-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Tracy as long as it allows dogs im not opposed to it...

with a pet deposit...and how large is large. How many pounds??

The Ren
08-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Shes around 48 lbs...Shes a terrier mix (ok so shes pit mix..)

Tracy
08-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Shes around 48 lbs...Shes a terrier mix (ok so shes pit mix..)

That should be fine. I'll have to ask Dan what he thinks.

The Ren
08-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Kewl.. lemme know because we are trying to settle on a place soon..

civic95
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm going to be blunt here. For $850 it's going to be real hard to find a nice 2 bd rm that allows pets. I used to live at Aylesberry Farms in duluth. It was a gated complex w/ 2 pools, tennis courts, laundry, pool table. For a 2 bd room it was $1100 a month (not bad considering it was split 3 ways). My car never got touched. Most people were professionals, very few ghetto people. Anything you wanted was within 5 miles. Now, that was before 9/11. Since then intrest rates have dropped so much a lot of people bought homes, so therefore the apt business is hurting. So chances are prices have dropped some.

Personally I think Tracys place would be your best bet. Awesome part of town, little more privacy, it's got some character (instead of every wall being beige), and it will probably be cheaper. Plus they aren't going to charge you to paint the walls, and change the carpet when you move unless you really screw it up.

The Ren
08-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Dont get me wrong i knoe $850 is cheap.. but unfourtunatly since im out of a job.. all the money i have saved up is being used for gas money and such... Thats why I did mention to Tracy I wanna look at her place.. Scott is still trying to get everything settled once he gets here.. specially since he is moving from Boston he wants some time to get to know the area and probably wont be starting a new job till november or so.. so we have to conserve money...

Deaf Pimp
08-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Damn, I pay $957 month for 1400 sq ft (3 bedroom) at Amli. Nice place, good peeps. You all live in expensive places!

The Ren
08-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Which Amli.. most of the ones ive looked at were expensive..

Deaf Pimp
08-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Amli of Northwinds in Alpharetta.