PDA

View Full Version : Water in my tranny???

Mr. Clean
03-09-2008, 08:33 PM
alright... my car has always had a small oil leak and it runs down the curve of the tranny...

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/jmoo711/oil.jpg

and it is usually just a black oil leak and im ok with that cause it comes from the vtec solenoid. well today i got out to check my oil level and the trail of oil was milky from the top of the tranny down. well i found 2 little vent holes on the top of the tranny and thought that water may have come from there to make it milky??? and i took my flashlight and went down the seal of my tranny to the motor and i could see little water bubbles at one spot???? WTF!?

any ideas.

HatchHero
03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
WHOA!!

Mr. Clean
03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
i know

Mr. Clean
03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh and thats obviously not my motor... just a google pic to show the oil flow

Schugg
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
probably just got water on it at some point got hot and turned the oil milky, i dont know what your talking about the seal of the tranny and motor though. are you just talking about where the tranny shell/housing contacts and bolts to the block? only seal i know of between the tranny and block isnt visible from the outside. if theres not oil in your actual motor oil or tranny fluid dont worry about it.

Mr. Clean
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM
probably just got water on it at some point got hot and turned the oil milky, i dont know what your talking about the seal of the tranny and motor though. are you just talking about where the tranny shell/housing contacts and bolts to the block? only seal i know of between the tranny and block isnt visible from the outside. if theres not oil in your actual motor oil or tranny fluid dont worry about it.

yeah i meant where the SEAM where the tranny bolts to the motor... yeah no gasket or anything... but i didnt really think to check the oil, i mean this was just a few minutes ago so i just saw milky oil and said "TO THE COMPUTER JAMES!!!"

Schugg
03-09-2008, 08:56 PM
only thing i can think of what i said before about the rain or carwash, water wont come out of the seam. actually if one of those coolant hoses under there is leaking it could be running down the hose and dripping off onto the same oil trail, making it milky. and if your like a million other people, you just add water to your radiator when its low and it got watered down enough to not leave the colored stain

Schugg
03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
wait isnt this clean_dodge? forgot you changed your name

Mr. Clean
03-09-2008, 09:00 PM
wait isnt this clean_dodge? forgot you changed your name

yeah thats meee! haha... but yeah its def. not coolant cause i am using 50/50 mix and i mean i've had the car for about 2 months and sprayed water in the engine bay a million times while cleaning and never got a milky leak... today i cleaned my intake out and sprayed water in it to wash it out and may not have let it get 100% dry but i wouldnt think it would contaminate my oil...

the weirdest thing was the little bubbles from the seam... :screwy:

Schugg
03-09-2008, 09:33 PM
i would have to see it then, that is pretty weird. maybe some water got down in a gap between the seem and when it got hot it bubble out and just stayed there. haha what kinda paint you have on those rims? i have some of that textured slip prevention paint on mine! haha its almost like a sand paper, i like it.

http://a454.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_3d4c0491e9baf77ce91a2a84a5e14185.jpg

Mr. Clean
03-09-2008, 09:35 PM
idk... they were painted when i got the car... it just looks like regular paint though... no textures haha

mushroom_toy
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Justin thats weird man...I would check it out for ya but im sick as hell. Yesterday I felt like someone had ripped my intestines out and shoved them through my throat. I think I got food poisoning. :(

Mr. Clean
03-10-2008, 06:58 AM
bump for any revolutionary ideas.

green91
03-10-2008, 07:46 AM
that leak is typically from the distributor o-ring

Schugg
03-10-2008, 09:13 AM
that leak is typically from the distributor o-ring

and typically we normally read the whole post before replying! he knew what the leak was from, just not why there was water in it

green91
03-10-2008, 09:32 AM
He said he thought it was his vtec selenoid but in my experience they dont leak near as often as the dist. o-ring does. no need to be a ****ing ******* dude.

Whiteboy™
03-10-2008, 09:54 AM
that sucks, hope you enjoyed my useless comment

Schugg
03-10-2008, 03:48 PM
He said he thought it was his vtec selenoid but in my experience they dont leak near as often as the dist. o-ring does. no need to be a ****ing ******* dude.

haha, i wasnt being a a5$h073, was just fukin with you, no need to get moody! i was just stating he didnt ask what was leaking, he was just wondering why its all milky...and yes v-tec sol.'s, rarely leak compared the dist. o-ring, or cam plug.but it happens