PDA

View Full Version : valve cover?

Mangrum
03-08-2008, 11:58 PM
allright so before i bought my integra it sat in illinois for abotu a year.. it has a great under coating so underneath my car is fine. but under the hood there are rust spots. i have taken off numerous brackets and sand blasted them and painted them. but now i am going to do my valve cover. i do not have the capabilities or the money to powder coat. so my question is what is a good paint to use on the valve cover that wont bubble or be ****ty. thank you

The BUCKY
03-09-2008, 12:03 AM
its prep. paint dont really matter that much.

Mangrum
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
as far a prep i am going to sandblast the valve cover then spray about two coats of primer. and then paint it and put two coats of clear. would that be sufficient for it?

AnTi-PooN
03-09-2008, 10:29 PM
^^^^ over kill

integra82786
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
all you really need is high temp paint. just give it a couple coats of whatever color you want and it will look fine. from my experience the thicker the coat of paint you put on parts that heat up the more prone they are to cracks.

The BUCKY
03-10-2008, 09:42 AM
you dotn need high temp paint. once again its all in the prep. i have never heard of any problems with my valve covers and i dont use high temp paint

Sammich
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
x2 its all in the paint..just dont use dollar store or cheap walmart paint. just use duplicolor or something like that. the steps u named sound good enough. u dont even have to sand blast. you can get some aircraft stripper and the paint will come off like that. sand it a bit with like 400/600 grit sand paper. wipe it off, then paint

Mangrum
03-14-2008, 11:29 PM
bump. finished my valve cover.. thank you all for all the help.. go look in the car pics section and tell me what yall think?