PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, I'm new!! (link)

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been on this board before, but it's been a couple of years...I can't even remember what my screen name used to be!!

But, I might be moving to GA soon (if my job relocates), so I'll find out pretty soon!

Here's a few pics of my car, currently under construction:

http://www.spocnorth.com/DetailPages/DetailsCameron.htm

It still looks the same, except the rear wing (BW1 from a '92 Integra) has been 'glassed on, and bubble fender flares from Team Prototype as well...the front end is still being constructed.

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Welcome i guess...

i'd defintly like to see the final product

Allshow97
08-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the site... You definately have more guts than I do modding a saturn... Good luck with the project definately interested in seeing the final product.

AltimaCharlie
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
i gotta see this keep the pics comin

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Thanks everyone...

Yeah, I'll definitely keep the pics comin! Right now, the entire rear is in primer...we're just workin on gettin the front end finished up, and i'm gonna pull the engine out next week and tear it down to rebuild it; lookin to make around 450-500 HP on a Turbocharged setup w/Nitrous.

It'll also be equipped with 12 TVs, complete Air-Ride system and full fiberglassed interior...tryin to capture both "show and go" angles

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Ummm, welcome to you. It's just me, but there are quite a few things in your description that turns me off from your ride. The Saturn part is no big deal...I have a Neon. 20's?, 12 tv's? to name a couple. TO each his own and welcome. Later, QD.

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Ummm, welcome to you. It's just me, but there are quite a few things in your description that turns me off from your ride. The Saturn part is no big deal...I have a Neon. 20's?, 12 tv's? to name a couple. TO each his own and welcome. Later, QD.

I understand...as far as the 20's go, I wanted to do 19's, but they've become "the norm" now...same thing for TV's and stuff. I remember when I first started in the scene, most people wouldn't touch a TV...the most being a flip-out screen! But now, they're more common...it's just something to stay above the competition, 'cause I've got a lot of it. The odds are already against me cause of what I've got, so I've got to do more just to compete and take away the negative connotations that my car already has

Tpduke112
08-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Welcome, your car sounds so incredibly gay..... I dont even know what to say. More rice than the city of San Francisco. Eh, whatever, if you like it.

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Welcome, you car sounds so incredibly gay.....

Kind of like your response, huh?

Later, QD.

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Welcome, you car sounds so incredibly gay..... I dont even know what to say. More rice than the city of San Francisco. Eh, whatever, if you like it.

Rice is an attitude, not an appearance...

If you think my car is "incredibly gay", then that's fine with me...you can't please everyone, and i'm not trying to. If that was the case, I'd have sold this car to get a Civic or somethin

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 05:14 PM
I understand...as far as the 20's go, I wanted to do 19's, but they've become "the norm" now...same thing for TV's and stuff. I remember when I first started in the scene, most people wouldn't touch a TV...the most being a flip-out screen! But now, they're more common...it's just something to stay above the competition, 'cause I've got a lot of it. The odds are already against me cause of what I've got, so I've got to do more just to compete and take away the negative connotations that my car already has

I understand what you are trying to do of course. Big wheels aren't my thing, especially on smaller cars. I have to have smaller than 15 for me. Lolol. Fuck what the other guy said. Later, QD.

Tpduke112
08-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Eh, just my opinion. I have no idea where your trying to go with your car. You have a 1000 dollar car with a bazillion dollars in upgrades........

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Rice is an attitude, not an appearance...

If you think my car is "incredibly gay", then that's fine with me...you can't please everyone, and i'm not trying to. If that was the case, I'd have sold this car to get a Civic or somethin

i would have to say this is the most mature thing i have read ina long time in reference toreplying to a dumbass comment.

you defintly will be a positive addition the I community.

oh and who did your doors?, mines with Decah.... v 2.0

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Eh, just my opinion. I have no idea where your trying to go with your car. You have a 1000 dollar car with a bazillion dollars in upgrades........

So. If you have no idea, ask and be cool about it. I don't like it, either, but I saw no need to bash him and his car for it. Let him do him. And with your opinions arrogant as hell, who cares what you think. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree, B16. I just gave Saturndude +10 for his reply. Very well kept demeanor. I hope he stays this way on here. Later, QD.

Tpduke112
08-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Never bashed him. Im sure he is a cool guy. Still dont like his car. He can do whatever he wants to with it. I still have my opinion on it, and I reserve the right to state it.

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 05:30 PM
QuickDodge and B16: Thanks...much appreciated! I'll let him dig his own grave...there's no need for me to dumb myself down and stoop to his level. He doesn't pay any of my bills, so I could care less about his comments

Tpduke: I understand it's your opinion and you've got the right to state it, but there's a fine line between being opinionated and being an ass. You can state how you feel without trying to be brash.

The Yousef
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
yeah dude nice attitude....welcome to IA...ignore the idoits

yousef

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
QuickDodge and B16: Thanks...much appreciated! I'll let him dig his own grave...there's no need for me to dumb myself down and stoop to his level. He doesn't pay any of my bills, so I could care less about his comments

exactly...i mean if the car doesn't cost much of the lot so fuckin what, HE OWNS THIS CAR, HE PAYS FOR THE MODIFICATIONS, he may not like it...okay ...he's not car show judge, and even if he was, i dont see why he cant just respect the orginality of this car and respect the time an dmoney put into it....fa real, dont let his comment dictate to you on how IA is, im sure you kno theres alot of haters in the world, but i can gurantee more people appreciate the car compared to the ones who don't...if its not your cup of tea, dont drink it

Tpduke112
08-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh no! I didnt realize I was digging my grave, let me try to save myself!!! :rolleyes: Call me an ass. A saturn on 20's with 20394803 T.V.s, lambo doors and a Skyline wanna be kit will get you laughed at by any real car guys. Your money, do what you want, won't keep me from saying that it is riceriffic. :blah:

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh no! I didnt realize I was digging my grave, let me try to save myself!!! :rolleyes: Call me an ass. A saturn on 20's with 20394803 T.V.s, lambo doors and a Skyline wanna be kit will get you laughed at by any real car guys. Your money, do what you want, won't keep me from saying that it is riceriffic. :blah:

well, you might have reading comphrension problems, looks like he is doing the tailight conversion ( from teh shapes of the back) and he's probably doin teh healight too from what i read, you call it rice, others may call it a show winner in his class....usually others would be car guys

Tpduke112
08-10-2005, 05:43 PM
well, you might have reading comphrension problems, looks like he is doing the tailight conversion ( from teh shapes of the back) and he's probably doin teh healight too from what i read, you call it rice, others may call it a show winner in his class....usually others would be car guys

My mistake, replace Skyline wannabe kit with wannabe Skyline conversion. Just read that you plan to put down 450 horses. Not sure how you plan to do so, but much respect for that. When you do that, you will get positive attention from car guys. Even with all the visual mods you chose to pursue.

Civic-The type of car guys that would enjoy all that stuff with no engine mods are the same guys that think that Pimp My Ride is a cool show. Are you one of those guys?

99ITRGIRL
08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
awesome! hope your moving back. Welcome back to IA!!

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 06:20 PM
My mistake, replace Skyline wannabe kit with wannabe Skyline conversion. Just read that you plan to put down 450 horses. Not sure how you plan to do so, but much respect for that. When you do that, you will get positive attention from car guys. Even with all the visual mods you chose to pursue.

Civic-The type of car guys that would enjoy all that stuff with no engine mods are the same guys that think that Pimp My Ride is a cool show. Are you one of those guys?

Yeah, it's not a kit...the front bumper is, but the rest is from actual Skyline...front and rear headlights and everything else.

...and for the engine, I've got Crower rods, QKSLTWO full race cams, Ferrea valvesprings and retainers, JE Pistons, Garrett T3/T4 .48/60, Spearco Intercooler, TiAL 38mm wastegate, etc, etc, etc...not to mention I've still gotta get ARP head studs and it ported and polished.

I actually hope someone on the outs says it's rice...that way I can embarass them.

But, like I said...i'm doing this for me. ME! If I don't get respect by ANYBODY, i'm not going to lose sleep!! There's a ton of people who like and appreciate what I'm doing, so the few haters I have won't deter me

Tpduke112
08-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Yeah, it's not a kit...the front bumper is, but the rest is from actual Skyline...front and rear headlights and everything else.

...and for the engine, I've got Crower rods, QKSLTWO full race cams, Ferrea valvesprings and retainers, JE Pistons, Garrett T3/T4 .48/60, Spearco Intercooler, TiAL 38mm wastegate, etc, etc, etc...not to mention I've still gotta get ARP head studs and it ported and polished.

I actually hope someone on the outs says it's rice...that way I can embarass them.

But, like I said...i'm doing this for me. ME! If I don't get respect by ANYBODY, i'm not going to lose sleep!! There's a ton of people who like and appreciate what I'm doing, so the few haters I have won't deter me
For what engine?

chuck
08-10-2005, 06:33 PM
welcome man, you'll do just fine here...can't wait to see the finished ride.

+1 for just keeping it real...

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Tpduke: It's the stock 1.9L DOHC...I thought about a motor swap to a 2.2 EcoTec from a Cavalier or the 2.0L from an ION, but I don't feel like gettin into all the crap involved...transmission issues, ECU, getting it to fit w/out sacrificing stuff, custom motor mounts, etc...I'm just gonna use the 1.9L DOHC for all it's worth.

Well, I'm about to go to work, so I'll talk to everyone later tonight!

Allshow97
08-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Tpduke... You have been kinda digging yourself a grave. Yes some people do some crazy thing such as mod a saturn which is definately not one of my motifes but to each his own. I kind of respect the guy for trying some things that haven't been done, and honestly from the pics its gonna be one of the best lookin frakensteins to come out of the Evil Lab. Just my 2 cents.

£G2♣
08-10-2005, 07:20 PM
welcome....

£G2♣
08-10-2005, 07:21 PM
holup i aint tryin be racist or what so ever are you black? lol cause i think i saw a black guy driving the exact same thing.....he was at the gas station near that old walmart and the burgerking...

chuck
08-10-2005, 08:05 PM
holup i aint tryin be racist or what so ever are you black? lol cause i think i saw a black guy driving the exact same thing.....he was at the gas station near that old walmart and the burgerking...
^---he doesn't live in georgia right now...i think the car is still in the works too

was the saturn you saw a bluish color though?? i think i might know who you are talking about...

Julio
08-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I still have my opinion on it, and I reserve the right to state it.

Yeah your right.. In goverment owned property and since the goverment does not own this site.. why don't you shut the fuck.
Your comment was Stupid.. If you didnt like the car all you had to say.. "not My taste"
Go hangout with flies and shit.. We all know jasper is infested with flies.

Btw, when you read this.. you will ban.. assclown.

:eye:

ambersnow
08-10-2005, 10:04 PM
good luck and welcome

curves
08-10-2005, 10:11 PM
hi i'm new.

"i'm new, you're new, maybe we could be new together".

tony danza
08-10-2005, 10:53 PM
just out of curiosity you plan on getting 450 hp from the stock motor????....good luck

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 10:56 PM
LOLOL @ JULIO!!! Later, QD.

mi4dub
08-10-2005, 11:00 PM
wow... wow....
yeah but i bet this thing will win all the trophies at the show if its done up right.
too much bondo, tv's, too big of a wheel for my taste

tony danza
08-10-2005, 11:12 PM
can't say i've seen 20's on a saturn, but i guess since its gonna be a skyline it'll be cool... whatever tho good luck

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
^^^ Why don't you shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

tony danza
08-10-2005, 11:21 PM
ok i won't say one more thing about hte car. But quick dodge, what do you want everyone to do, just say that cars they hate are awesome, maybe ppl post here becasue they want an unbiased reaction to their cars, not someone licking their asses

curves
08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
i think this site is all about licking. :lickpuss:

tony danza
08-10-2005, 11:30 PM
lol i'd give you rep if i could

DerrickT
08-10-2005, 11:30 PM
ok i won't say one more thing about hte car. But quick dodge, what do you want everyone to do, just say that cars they hate are awesome, maybe ppl post here becasue they want an unbiased reaction to their cars, not someone licking their asses

No he expects people to show a little bit of respect. not say how gay they think someones car is. the guy's car may not be cool to you. but to others it maybe the shit. Its not my taste but im not saying that it is gay. I think its cool. its different and he did do everything right. it appears he as not cut any corners. if you dont have anything nice to say. then say it politely. dont make an ass clown out of yourself. just my opinion.

ps. +1 to saturnslr34on20's for being a grown up.

tony danza
08-10-2005, 11:32 PM
i admit the rim thing may have been a little crude, but not really that bad when you read it. And the me commenting on the engine, thats life man, if you push 450 horsepower out of that then you should get a nobel prize

quickdodge®
08-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't have a problem with not liking the car. But you don't have to post in here 20 times saying that. You posted it, why keep on? Later, QD.

SaturnSLR34on20s
08-11-2005, 07:28 AM
QuickDodge: Thanks for the kind words and stickin up for me..it's appreciated!

DrtyDCivicSi: Thanks...I appreciate it! You hit the nail right on the head! I've been doing this car for so long, I've met people along the way who have tried to customize everything...Kia's, Daewoo's, etc! We're all the "bastard children" of the S.C.C world, and with that comes tons of backlash and negative comments...I just try to take it all in stride and I'll let the car speak for itself when it's done. And you're right...I've tried to spare no expense and make sure car is done right; even the entire rear end is reinforced in steel. I didn't want to cut any corners, as I want to make every mag I can, from Lowrider Euro (show) to Super Street (performance).

JDM4DRACCORD and Chuck: Yeah, Chuck is right...I'm still in Indianapolis at the moment. I'll prob.be there next week for the weekend, and def. for NOPI. And strange enough, yes...I'm black!!

ambersnow: Thank you!

Julio: Damn!!! lol...i'm speechless!

mi4dub: lol..I understand! Some of it's bondo, a lot of it is marglass, so it adheres better since the entire car is plastic!

tonydanza: Achieving 450 HP isn't that hard at all...keep in mind that's WITH Nitrous. If you visit http://www.turbosaturns.net (down right now, will be up again on Monday), there's about 5 people on there pushing well over 300 HP w/out Nitrous at around 15-20 PSI...not hard to do, but quality parts need to be bought and tuning is a def.must...can't half ass anything on our engine platforms

B16a2 Civic
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM

um yeah thats me, thats why i have a plain old civic with a plan old d16 non vtec...with absolute no engine mods....all factory....wow...your an observant one...are you a detective??

hondachick22
08-11-2005, 09:26 AM
welcome im new to so maybe we acn help each other out. :idb:

eViLMunkey
08-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Bwahahahaha.. and welcome!! I think...

ct9a gsr
08-12-2005, 01:51 AM

Sounds like the same setup other turbo SL2's are doing... and I see a few of 'em in the 12's... hope to see your setup run similar times someday.

Good luck with that... however, everything on your car outside of the engine bay is not my cup of tea. ^.^

Sameolme
09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Lmao..ok omg i cant stop laughing hold on ok im ready to type
20's? Tv's? I didnt see your car on pimp my ride so what the hell are you thinking? With all those weight down you better have somewhere near 300hp or your Saturn will be as fast as my neighbors Geo-Metro. Oh and good luck with reaching 300hp with that unreliable engine. Better off swapping, better yet get a civic to do this on. Who da hell takes parts off another car to mod another car, You might as well get a skyline with all the money your investing in that. I was really hoping that this thread was a joke because that car is

-CRSXreppn1!1one

Sameolme
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM
oh yeah
thatd be something to watch on a drag strip too. Actually no it wouldnt, youd prob blind everyone watching with your bling blingn 20s

-CRXreppn1!1one

PantySniffer
09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
YOUR CAR IS RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your wondering why there are 70 guests viewing this thread, its becuase all of clubrsx is laughing at you. :lmfao:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=301320

Sameolme
09-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Theres so much rice in that car that it can feed the whole population of CHINA!!!! :eye:

T.S.
09-28-2005, 08:15 PM
you know whats even funnier, is that all of club rsx have nothing better to do then to get on another site and bash someone for having a little creativity. Wow how old could we really be. Go back to your site you bunch of fucking 12 year olds..... :2up:

T.S.
09-28-2005, 08:44 PM
just so everyone knows that if you think he cant make 400-450 horsepower out of that block look up Lisa Kubo who races a bored and stroked 2.2 liter SATURN ENGINE. And she runs Best e.t.: 7.78 Best speed: 196.76 mph So for all of you RSX assholes go back to the rock you crawled out from underneath..... :2up:

Darling Nikki
09-28-2005, 11:22 PM
What a bunch of dumb fucks....dude I give this guy mad credit. Welcome again. Can't wait to see the finish work.

Darling Nikki
09-28-2005, 11:24 PM
oh yeah
thatd be something to watch on a drag strip too. Actually no it wouldnt, youd prob blind everyone watching with your bling blingn 20s

-CRXreppn1!1one

I wish I could beat you with a bat....dumb fucking retard.

RiceBoy
09-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Theres so much rice in that car that it can feed the whole population of CHINA!!!! :eye:

that is so wrong..but it sure as hell is Funny. :D

quickdodge®
09-30-2005, 03:07 PM
It must make people feel cool as hell to take the time to sign on to another website just to lower themselves even more. Well. IA is two members less right now. See ya. Later, QD.

Darling Nikki
09-30-2005, 03:33 PM
FAGETS....

YokotaS13
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
im late in, but welcome,

and my 2 cents
instead of yet another body conversion on a car, put a skyline engine in it instead of bodywork

Dragonfly5338
09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
hey and welcome. nikki, it's spelled "faggots", darlin. ;)

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 05:13 PM
welcome!

4dmin
10-01-2005, 03:57 PM

+10 welcome screw the tool bags they just wish they had the $$$ to build a car ;)

keep us posted

99ITRGIRL
10-01-2005, 07:37 PM
welcome! We need more Saturn power!!

Schugg
10-02-2005, 02:25 PM
looks to me that Clubgaysex, or was it clubrsx? either way, is just a forum full of mommas boys, that dont have shit to do but talk SHIT. do they not understand that riced out isnt doing a front end conversion that you want to do, its more of plastic spinners, spray paint from dollar store paint jobs, and park bench spoilers?