PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP ASAP!!!

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
well not really, but since your here...answer if you can.....
well i have a CAI ( cold ai intake) and i took my front bumper off again yesterday and im driving front bumperless today.....well its storming here now....are the odds of my hydrolocking my motor high at this time....cause its raining pretty hard now...

chuck
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
watch out for puddles...

HyPer50
08-10-2005, 03:44 PM
and?

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:45 PM
and?

:(

oh and chuck, you think all the rain comming down on my filter wont harm it too much....like try and suck in all that water

mocha latte cupcake
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
don't go puddle jumping... i mean you can attempt to make a sheild for it but dude.... don't go flying around just watch yourself...

Spyder
08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
youll be ok , just watch for puddles on victory dr.

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:48 PM
youll be ok , just watch for puddles on victory dr.

oh i know about watching for puddles ( my friend hydrolocked his teg)....its just i was concerned cause all the water comming down on it from the rain making the filter wet....i just dont want ti to be hydrolocked that way too...and what scrazy i live like 3 minutes from my job and i have abypass valve sittin on my dresser :(

Spyder
08-10-2005, 03:53 PM
oh i know about watching for puddles ( my friend hydrolocked his teg)....its just i was concerned cause all the water comming down on it from the rain making the filter wet....i just dont want ti to be hydrolocked that way too...and what scrazy i live like 3 minutes from my job and i have abypass valve sittin on my dresser :(

a bypass valve only works if the entire TUBE is submerged in water. it takes a decent amount of vaccum to open it. air like most things takes the path of least resistance if the bottom half of a filter is covered in water it is still not to hard for it to breath thru the top half :)

Spyder
08-10-2005, 03:53 PM
lol. that thing will get sucked to the filter so fast it isnt funny..

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
...tie a plastic bag loosly around the thing and baby it 3 minutes down to get the bypass valve

ahh ok, i'll steal a plastic bag from here at work....what if teh filter is already real wet...is that gon really suck? i hope it stops rainign by 6:30.
Oh and thanks alot for the help Chuck, and Nismo and the neighborhood friend Spydie +1 for all ( that lets me)

HyPer50
08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
The "and?" was because I didn't see a question or anything in there, just that you dont have a bumper and it's raining lol

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:55 PM
a bypass valve only works if the entire TUBE is submerged in water. it takes a decent amount of vaccum to open it. air like most things takes the path of least resistance if the bottom half of a filter is covered in water it is still not to hard for it to breath thru the top half :)

so you think im pretty safe for the 3 minute drive?

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
The "and?" was because I didn't see a question or anything in there, just that you dont have a bumper and it's raining lol

ahhh...now i understand....yeah i could have went into more detail, my bad, i figured ppl would know what im askin help for

Spyder
08-10-2005, 03:57 PM
ahh ok, i'll steal a plastic bag from here at work....what if teh filter is already real wet...is that gon really suck? i hope it stops rainign by 6:30.
Oh and thanks alot for the help Chuck, and Nismo and the neighborhood friend Spydie +1 for all ( that lets me)

dont do it man lol..

Spyder
08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
so you think im pretty safe for the 3 minute drive?

you will be fine, promise.

chuck
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
dont do it man lol..
we've done it before going through deep puddles but we already had the bypass valve on...i thought about it right before i deleted the post....honestly, i have no idea if it'd fuck up or not....i don't know shit about cars

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 03:59 PM
you will be fine, promise.

ahh ok, * prints out and faxes to insurance just in case *

HyPer50
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
and if you think thats bad... try driving through a 2 foot puddle at the bottom of a hill (unable to turn around) with a fenderwell intake and a supercharger.... with no fender lol.

chuck
08-10-2005, 04:00 PM
but damnit...where is my +1 anyways??? hahaha

Spyder
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
seriously want to know what you can do and have no problems at all? take a screw driver and remove the air filter, take the intake apart and put the filter somewhere up stream (aka short ram style) drive and have NO worries :)

mocha latte cupcake
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
good idea.... the bag will only sufficate your filter.... i had this problem with my spec V when i had the CAI.... my front bumper was a JT Autostyle EVO IV and you could see the filter from the front of the car... just need to be really careful, anything that looks like it will be deep stay away from.....

The Yousef
08-10-2005, 04:04 PM
yeah....i hydrolocked the lude a couple weeks back (but she works again....wOOt! go Honda!)....so i wouldn't recommend driving around with ur bumper off for an extended period of time...

PSINXS
08-10-2005, 04:04 PM
get a bypass valve for your intake

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:08 PM
get a bypass valve for your intake

have 1.....one reason why i bought a 2 piece intake....yeah...taken apart the intake would give me a 100% chance of not hydrolocking Lol....and i just got reports that some streets are flooded about 2 feet....and my car is dropped like an inch from the ground:(...

1-2 inches versus 2 feet of water....clear winner here is mother fuckin nature...maybe if i just leave the car here and walk home

Spyder
08-10-2005, 04:12 PM
have 1.....one reason why i bought a 2 piece intake....yeah...taken apart the intake would give me a 100% chance of not hydrolocking Lol....and i just got reports that some streets are flooded about 2 feet....and my car is dropped like an inch from the ground:(...

1-2 inches versus 2 feet of water....clear winner here is mother fuckin nature...maybe if i just leave the car here and walk home

bitch do what i said, it isnt that hard :)

mocha latte cupcake
08-10-2005, 04:13 PM
dude, if you have a 2 piece intake.... then just take off the CAI entension...

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:14 PM

...hmm...then i cant be super tyte while driving...and i'll lose HP :(

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
bitch do what i said, it isnt that hard :)

ye'sm massa, i shol will lissen, afawards canz i have watamelon

Spyder
08-10-2005, 04:21 PM
ye'sm massa, i shol will lissen, afawards canz i have watamelon

and some ribs with hot sauce if you are extra good.. :D

Spyder
08-10-2005, 04:22 PM

thats what i told him and he would rather walk home in the rain or risk hydrolocking the motor then lose 2.2 hp for a 3 mile trip lol.

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:25 PM
thats what i told him and he would rather walk home in the rain or risk hydrolocking the motor then lose 2.2 hp for a 3 mile trip lol.

ooz, watamelon and i gitz ribs...mm mmmm
and hey you never know if a ricer comes along and wants to get put in his place...Lol.....so it wont be dangerous drivin with half an intake? looks liek it stopped raining though.....maybe the water will evaporate....and for some reason my CAI isnt that close to the ground....its not even even to where my radiator ends ( if memory serves right)

chuck
08-10-2005, 04:31 PM
dude get a bypass valve dude, and take off the CAI extension...those are my suggestions since no one has mentioned it yet...

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:32 PM
dude get a bypass valve dude, and take off the CAI extension...those are my suggestions since no one has mentioned it yet...

Thanks, dont kno why no one else will even help me, not even my bestest friend Spyda....i'd +1 you again if i could

chuck
08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks, dont kno why no one else will even help me, not even my bestest friend Spyda....i'd +1 you again if i could
hey man, no problem, i'm more than happy to share my mad car knowledge with you...i don't know why anyone didn't say anything about it before...

glad i could finally get it figured out for you...haha, totally just kidding

:D :bigok: :bigdance: :fruit:

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Lol, ya'll made me feel better and thanks for the suggestions, its truley appreciated ( and of course the comical relief ya'll provided)