PDA

View Full Version : j427s - questionable seller?

ash7
03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
I hate spending my time typing out a "bad" seller thread... :no: especially when it concerns someone here local. It would make me happier to write a "good" seller thread. :yes: This sale was somewhat trivial and not of much importance to me, but regardless - it's the principle that counts.

I had talked to him on the phone a few times and we had come to an agreement of $150 for some scratched up fat fives with worthless tires. (which was fine, i just wanted to get my crx off of jackstands)

However, he called me up later and informed me that he had just traded them with his buddy for some old scratched SI wheels, (two of which would not have tires because he took them off to swap them onto the fat fives) and asked if i would be interested in them. After I asked the price and was told it would be the same as the fat fives, I agreed.

I arrived at the meeting place and looking at the wheels they were pretty much as described. [missing tires, heavy scratches on the wheels] I handed him 150, and he said "the price was 175 dude." After i regained my composure, the first words out of my mouth were "Man, you said 150" -

his excuse was
"...but i had to change the tires out and all dude"

I'm not going to say that j427s is a bad seller, but this is not the first time he has done this. So i believe he is a "questionable" seller who doesn't like to stick to his original bargains in hopes of making a few quick bucks.

I plan on avoiding business with him again, and i would suggest others be wary of the same kind of "shenanagins."

thanks
-jonathan

odie22
03-08-2008, 12:53 AM
he did this when we were trading my Hasport AC bracket for an ECU.

He and I agreed that it was going to be a straight trade, but he tried to pull a fast one on me too when we met up.

81911SC
03-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Not your fault. He didn't have to do that. Price should have stayed the same.

low mileage
03-08-2008, 07:46 AM
he would have kept those si wheels if it had been me. but then again thats just me.

j427s
03-08-2008, 11:10 AM
wow john this brings me to a question i said last night do you still want them and just work off the rest in a trade later on and you said yes if you didnt want them then why did you say ok and load them up ? If you have problems then why get them

j427s
03-08-2008, 11:16 AM
First off brian i never met you up then you said pick any and all you want for a trade on a chipped and socketed b16 ecu i said all you had that i was intersested in was the hasport bracket i said trade and fifty bucks you said ok and it would be a while before you counld get any cash so i said ok a month and a half later you came to my work and gave me thirty so how again am i screwing you ? you still never paid me off and i never bothered you about it

he did this when we were trading my Hasport AC bracket for an ECU.

He and I agreed that it was going to be a straight trade, but he tried to pull a fast one on me too when we met up.

ash7
03-08-2008, 01:13 PM
wow john this brings me to a question i said last night do you still want them and just work off the rest in a trade later on and you said yes if you didnt want them then why did you say ok and load them up ? If you have problems then why get them
Having an extra 25 bucks was not an issue for me Jonathan, I had it right there in my wallet. I'm not going to 'work' out the extra 25 in some deal with you. I agreed to whatever you said simply because I was livid and doing my best to control my temper in front of your girlfriend. However, I am willing to pay you the extra 25 bucks straight up whever you like, but if that is to be the case - then I am afraid I will not take down this thread as you requested.

-Jonathan

j427s
03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Jon if $25 if so important to you keep it i would rather lose $25 and truly find out the person you are now rather than down the road later on

Having an extra 25 bucks was not an issue for me Jonathan, I had it right there in my wallet. I'm not going to 'work' out the extra 25 in some deal with you. I agreed to whatever you said simply because I was livid and doing my best to control my temper in front of your girlfriend. However, I am willing to pay you the extra 25 bucks straight up whever you like, but if that is to be the case - then I am afraid I will not take down this thread as you requested.

-Jonathan

Double_0_Rusty
03-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I have conducted business with Jonathan (J427s) a few weeks back. I traded him my 89 Civic Si, for his Talon. We agreed upon, me paying 200$ for boot for new tires on the Civic, as they wore out. I drove two hours to meet up with him, 200 cash with me. Got there, and he said 300, and come to find out he didnt use the money for new tires, instead put drag's on it. It made me pretty upset, but I said nothing, as I was alone, and he had his buddy there. But all in all, I think I came out of the deal ok. However, he never mentioned the oil leak it had, and that 5th gear popped out at times. No biggie. I prolly will not do business with him again, but I AM NOT going to try to ruin his rep on here. Actually, I don't think I will make trade transactions with anyone on IA, ever again.

Tech5
03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
wowow......

81911SC
03-08-2008, 05:08 PM
So it's not the first time he's done this. Hmm

Tech5
03-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I think he needs to be BANNED

Double_0_Rusty
03-08-2008, 05:11 PM
So it's not the first time he's done this. Hmm:goodjob: apparently.

Tech5
03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
yeah what a JEW
So it's not the first time he's done this. Hmm

Scotsman
03-08-2008, 05:18 PM
tsk tsk , 3 people with" questionable" comments?!?!!? a ban is in the near future

j427s
03-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Ok people to clear things up on the trade he mentioned that the car had a small oil leak upon arrival he wasnt parked 2 min i looked under the car to see how bad it leaked the were at least 7-8 drops on the ground so the extra hundred adjustment was for the new rear main seal and the oil pan gasket that it needed and i already had the drags and the other 200 went to tie rod ends that were needed an alignment brakes getting the exhaust ran and the wheel bearings that were noisy also the car has bad transmission bearings that i never bothered rusty about not trying to bash on him but that was the reasoning for the extra boot

I have conducted business with Jonathan (J427s) a few weeks back. I traded him my 89 Civic Si, for his Talon. We agreed upon, me paying 200$ for boot for new tires on the Civic, as they wore out. I drove two hours to meet up with him, 200 cash with me. Got there, and he said 300, and come to find out he didnt use the money for new tires, instead put drag's on it. It made me pretty upset, but I said nothing, as I was alone, and he had his buddy there. But all in all, I think I came out of the deal ok. However, he never mentioned the oil leak it had, and that 5th gear popped out at times. No biggie. I prolly will not do business with him again, but I AM NOT going to try to ruin his rep on here. Actually, I don't think I will make trade transactions with anyone on IA, ever again.

Scotsman
03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
point being , three people said they went to meet you and you upped the price when you got there?!?! your time on IA will be short lived pullin that kind of BS

reddeg
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
I can vouche for Jonathan (J427S) i have done a lot of business with him and he has always been honest and never uped the price or any of that bs he has clearly made a point on each transaction

EliteGSR
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I've known Jonathan (J427s) for a year or so, and I've bought a couple different things from him. Any time I have a question he helps me out. I think the problem is that the price wasn't clearly established. He's never upped a price on me at the last minute.

I'm not saying that se7en shouldn't be upset, because he thought he was getting the wheels for a different price than Jonathan had in mind, and it wasn't clearly established. From what I've seen on IA se7en seems like a good guy, so does J427s. :cheers:

It's just $25 bucks... no banning necessary here. :2cents:

bigdare23
03-08-2008, 06:45 PM
This is funny

My homie, JDMJAYDC2, got a "EF Civic SiR" air box from this cat. After he got it, he brought it to me since I have a EF9 b16 swap that came with an air box. After looking at the air box that j427s sold to my him, it didn't look anything like the air box that came with my swap. Being the cool guy he is, he decided to roll with it and not raise hell because I could of been wrong. A few day later, he tried to install it after his b16 swap, nope it didn't fit.

I wouldn't buy **** from this cat :goodjob:

j427s
03-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Sorry but no it will look diffrent if it is out of an eg6 as posted in the thread get your story straight so yeah they do look diffrent

This is funny

My homie, JDMJAYDC2, got a "EF Civic SiR" air box from this cat. After he got it, he brought it to me since I have a EF9 b16 swap that came with an air box. After looking at the air box that j427s sold to my him, it didn't look anything like the air box that came with my swap. Being the cool guy he is, he decided to roll with it and not raise hell because I could of been wrong. A few day later, he tried to install it after his b16 swap, nope it didn't fit.

Tech5
03-08-2008, 07:19 PM
damn dude, sorry to hear about that, yet another person saying they would not buy from J427s I think he is a lyer
This is funny

green91
03-08-2008, 07:43 PM
To many shady characters around here, ban this guy.

Scotsman
03-08-2008, 07:47 PM
count is now up to 4 , mods have been pm'ed

Tech5
03-08-2008, 11:05 PM
<Pm'ed a MOD

Double_0_Rusty
03-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Ok people to clear things up on the trade he mentioned that the car had a small oil leak upon arrival he wasnt parked 2 min i looked under the car to see how bad it leaked the were at least 7-8 drops on the ground so the extra hundred adjustment was for the new rear main seal and the oil pan gasket that it needed and i already had the drags and the other 200 went to tie rod ends that were needed an alignment brakes getting the exhaust ran and the wheel bearings that were noisy also the car has bad transmission bearings that i never bothered rusty about not trying to bash on him but that was the reasoning for the extra boot

Atleast I was honest about the oil leak, homie. I told you where I thought it was coming from. Im not bashing on you at all, I just didn't like how you jumped the price a hundred bucks, after I drove two hours. I told you everything that I knew was wrong with the car. You knew the car didn't have an exhaust system on it at the time. I wanted to have that done before I got rid of it. But oh well, what is done is done.

Double_0_Rusty
03-08-2008, 11:39 PM
I can vouche for Jonathan (J427S) i have done a lot of business with him and he has always been honest and never upped the price or any of that bs he has clearly made a point on each transaction

I've known Jonathan (J427s) for a year or so, and I've bought a couple different things from him. Any time I have a question he helps me out. I think the problem is that the price wasn't clearly established. He's never upped a price on me at the last minute.

I'm not saying that se7en shouldn't be upset, because he thought he was getting the wheels for a different price than Jonathan had in mind, and it wasn't clearly established. From what I've seen on IA se7en seems like a good guy, so does J427s. :cheers:

It's just $25 bucks... no banning necessary here. :2cents:

Of course he isn't going to up the price for his buddies. :doh:

steedracer
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
i picked up a tranny a week ago from him that he stated was perfect nothing wrong with it. get it checked out bf i put it in and it is no good. wasnt gonna say anything but with me this makes 5 so far. dont buy from him! bad seller. sells junk

six7teen
03-09-2008, 12:14 AM
ive done a lot of business with J427S and i have never had any issues like this.. the first thing i bought from him was a b18 block and head (which he gave me a great price), and we started talking about parts i was gonna be needing. he helped me out with everything, gave me great prices, and always was being fair. he has always been negotiable on prices. i have and will in the future do business with him. i trust him and he has never done me wrong..

A-ran
03-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I will always do business with J427S... good guy, good seller!

se7en, this is bull crap... I really thought better of you...

odie22
03-09-2008, 03:46 AM
i dont think this is crap, look at all of the people that he has shafted in the past... the only people that has anything good to say are his buddies, and like, what are we up to 5 people now?

Double_0_Rusty
03-09-2008, 03:56 AM
Odie22, you are correct sir.

ash7
03-09-2008, 04:31 AM
I will always do business with J427S... good guy, good seller!

se7en, this is bull crap... I really thought better of you...

You're acting like I wrote this thread with the intent of getting jonathan banned. Feel free to be mad at me all you want, i know jonathan is "your boy", next door neighbor, and you're probably taking all this as a personal attack on you. (as judged by your "i really thought better of you" comment - as if i was supposed to just ignore this)

I was simply writing on experience with him, bryan decided to chim in, and so did a couple others. I DO know that ben and you have bought a lot of parts from him, and yes, he IS a decent guy. I actually AGREE with EliteGSR where he posted:

It's just $25 bucks... no banning necessary here :2cents:

BUT, A-ran, where can you find basis to practicaly agree (by scolding me) with how he has repeatedly changed the terms of agreement with me and others? (as shown in this thread)

The facts (regardless) are as follows:
1) he raised the price on me -last minute-
2) he changed the terms of agreement with odie22 -last minute-
3) he raised the price on 00rusty unexpectedly -last minute-
4) had a misleading FS thread
5) sold a perfect (a.k.a. destroyed) transmission to steedracer

These are not traits of an "A+" seller
-jonathan

AnthonyF
03-09-2008, 08:30 AM
So whats the deal here? I read most of the posts. this guy j427s has some good and bad feedback. Mostly bad...

This is why we had the rules for NO NOOBS to be able to post in the FS section. If I hear of another report like this from this guy there will be consequences.

BTLFED
03-09-2008, 09:38 AM
So whats the deal here? I read most of the posts. this guy j427s has some good and bad feedback. Mostly bad...

This is why we had the rules for NO NOOBS to be able to post in the FS section. If I hear of another report like this from this guy there will be consequences.

I agree. This guy is on dangerously thin ice. One of us hears about another shady transaction and he's gone.

Tech5
03-09-2008, 10:05 AM
thanks MODS, His buddys are signing on to make it look better then it is, there are more then 4 people with shady transactions,I think this guy is far gone an need to be ban, but thanks MODS for watching an checking this thread out

j427s
03-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow now that joshuaASE has offically became the narrator for this situation he can now walk the street and feel better that a mod has saved his life

thanks MODS, His buddys are signing on to make it look better then it is, there are more then 4 people with shady transactions,I think this guy is far gone an need to be ban, but thanks MODS for watching an checking this thread out

reddeg
03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
:lmfao: yeah what a douche

Wow now that joshuaASE has offically became the narrator for this situation he can now walk the street and feel better that a mod has saved his life

Tech5
03-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Hey am not the one that is Doing Shady sales, an Screwing people over you are !!!!! an I think you need to be BANNED b/c knowone on ImportAtlanta want people like you on here, So I think you should just leave an take your shady character somewhere else an Screw someone else over which am sure you will

A-ran
03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
You're acting like I wrote this thread with the intent of getting jonathan banned. Feel free to be mad at me all you want, i know jonathan is "your boy", next door neighbor, and you're probably taking all this as a personal attack on you. (as judged by your "i really thought better of you" comment - as if i was supposed to just ignore this)

I was simply writing on experience with him, bryan decided to chim in, and so did a couple others. I DO know that ben and you have bought a lot of parts from him, and yes, he IS a decent guy. I actually AGREE with EliteGSR where he posted:

BUT, A-ran, where can you find basis to practicaly agree (by scolding me) with how he has repeatedly changed the terms of agreement with me and others? (as shown in this thread)

The facts (regardless) are as follows:
1) he raised the price on me -last minute-
2) he changed the terms of agreement with odie22 -last minute-
3) he raised the price on 00rusty unexpectedly -last minute-
4) had a misleading FS thread
5) sold a perfect (a.k.a. destroyed) transmission to steedracer

These are not traits of an "A+" seller
-jonathan

Jon I think of you as "one of my boys" but it's not like someone had a gun to your head telling you to buy the wheels...

I'm not goin to get in all this crap. I was just sayin what I thought. just like everyone else is in this thread...

aaronfelipe
03-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I am going to sticky this for others to see since it has happened with four people...That we know of....

AnthonyF
03-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Josh-dont worry both have been taken car of. why they create AE's i have no idea...

Farrow2005
03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
My :2cents:

Clearly 7 is not saying he is a bad seller.

i know/ have meet most of you. you guys come into my place of work and order/buy thing on a daily.

and i feel the ban was a little to much, only because. I like most people dont just get on here to sell and what not. im normaly on here cuz im Bored at work. and this is more entertainment.

I hate spending my time typing out a "bad" seller thread... :no: especially when it concerns someone here local. It would make me happier to write a "good" seller thread. :yes: This sale was somewhat trivial and not of much importance to me, but regardless - it's the principle that counts.

I had talked to him on the phone a few times and we had come to an agreement of $150 for some scratched up fat fives with worthless tires. (which was fine, i just wanted to get my crx off of jackstands)

However, he called me up later and informed me that he had just traded them with his buddy for some old scratched SI wheels, (two of which would not have tires because he took them off to swap them onto the fat fives) and asked if i would be interested in them. After I asked the price and was told it would be the same as the fat fives, I agreed.

I arrived at the meeting place and looking at the wheels they were pretty much as described. [missing tires, heavy scratches on the wheels] I handed him 150, and he said "the price was 175 dude." After i regained my composure, the first words out of my mouth were "Man, you said 150" -

his excuse was
"...but i had to change the tires out and all dude"

I'm not going to say that j427s is a bad seller, but this is not the first time he has done this. So i believe he is a "questionable" seller who doesn't like to stick to his original bargains in hopes of making a few quick bucks.

I plan on avoiding business with him again, and i would suggest others be wary of the same kind of "shenanagins."

thanks
-jonathan

another of my :2cents:

Using the word jew in this context is just as bad as using the N word.

Hey am not the one that is a JEW that is Doing Shady sales, an Screwing people over you are !!!!! an I think you need to be BANNED b/c knowone on ImportAtlanta want people like you on here, So I think you should just leave an take your shady character somewhere else an Screw someone else over which am sure you will

Timinater
04-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Using the word jew in this context is just as bad as using the N word.

yeah that is f.ucked up.

I personally think seven is a stand up guy. What he says i back, and if i had been there when this transaction went down, whether i was seven or just with him, i would have not kept my composure, ida gave that guy a peice of my mind and probably a lil more if he wanted it.

odie22
04-10-2008, 12:44 AM
J427 has struck again here in columbus...

He recently sold an "unknown but name brand" limited slip to one of my friends... (who actually posted in this thread earlier in his defense) with the understanding that it was for an LS. Come to find out (while trying to install it) it was for a GSR and wouldn't fit, as well as it being an eGay brand that cost a lotless brand new than he had bought it for.

Upon contacting J427s about this issue, he was told "there was nothing he could do about it..." and that he wasn't going to refund his money.

...really lame if you ask me

-odie

Tech5
04-10-2008, 07:08 AM
OK MODS another , fuked up transaction I say Ban this GUY he is doing nothing but Hurting the good guys on IA ,which we can controll....But am sure he is doing this on the street aswell but nothing we can do about that...BUT on Importatlanta we dont need people like this !!! (MODS)

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2008, 07:25 AM
I agree. This guy is on dangerously thin ice. One of us hears about another shady transaction and he's gone.

Agreed upon as well. What a fuccing idiot. Later, QD.

Double_0_Rusty
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I will not ever do business with him again. there are several things he FORGOT to mention about the talon, when I traded with him.

Farrow2005
04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok, badseller. Pm me his Real name. just incase I happen to incouter him. i dont need to get screwed ether.

J427 has struck again here in columbus...

He recently sold an "unknown but name brand" limited slip to one of my friends... (who actually posted in this thread earlier in his defense) with the understanding that it was for an LS. Come to find out (while trying to install it) it was for a GSR and wouldn't fit, as well as it being an eGay brand that cost a lotless brand new than he had bought it for.

Upon contacting J427s about this issue, he was told "there was nothing he could do about it..." and that he wasn't going to refund his money.

...really lame if you ask me

-odie

Tech5
04-10-2008, 05:18 PM
why is he not GONE yET (BANNED) MODS????

Scotsman
04-10-2008, 05:20 PM
IP ban please

Tech5
04-10-2008, 05:24 PM
X2 I am getting tired of this Dumbass ripping people off , If I ever see him Ill knock him in his jaw
IP ban please

quickdodgeŽ
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Dumbass repping people off

So not only is he ripping people off, he is repping people off too? The latter is my job, dammit! Later, QD.

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
"Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Posted By Comment
j427s - questionable se... 04-14-2008 04:44 AM j427s your are just a lying litlle pos"

What did I lie about? You didn't tell me it needed cv axles, that the speedo was wrong by like 14mph, oil leak, ect ect.....

BTW, I was honest about everything wrong with the civic.

And I am giving you 10 days to come pick up the motor, header, and other spare things for the civic, you have had plenty of time to come get them, otherwise they will be sold.

odie22
04-14-2008, 12:58 PM
haha he call me a lying little piece of crap too he sent this in a text to me on the phone last night... lol and then he neg. rep me

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 04:37 PM
well fucck him. Anyone need a d16a6, clutch, header, and turn signals?

Tech5
04-14-2008, 06:42 PM
he sent this to my email!! lol......
you are just a ****ing piece of **** litlle moms tit dads **** sucking little ***** you ****ing jew why doont you just go suck a mods **** you want to any way and probably already have so lick nuts you little narrator of this situation your are a lonely pos that sits at home by himself to think up things to say to look cool on the internet but really it is sad that you are what you are so suck a ****

ash7
04-14-2008, 06:44 PM
^jesus christ

-jonathan

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
he sent this to my email!! lol......
you are just a ****ing piece of **** litlle moms tit dads **** sucking little ***** you ****ing jew why doont you just go suck a mods **** you want to any way and probably already have so lick nuts you little narrator of this situation your are a lonely pos that sits at home by himself to think up things to say to look cool on the internet but really it is sad that you are what you are so suck a ****

LMAO, what a little punk.

Tech5
04-14-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah he was mad that everyone hates him an wants him to be banned because he is ripping everyone off, an cant take it so he goes off on a Internet email, cant say anything to someones face b/c he would get his Ass knocked out....MODS Ban this loser, he keeps on Ripping people off an its not just one or two its like 6 people

odie22
04-14-2008, 06:49 PM
j427s - questionable se... 04-14-2008 07:45 AM j427s for starting lies

he gave me neg rep too, lol. What a weirdo

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 06:51 PM
yeah he was mad that everyone hates him an wants him to be banned because he is ripping everyone off, an cant take it so he goes off on a Internet email, cant say anything to someones face b/c he would get his Ass knocked out....MODS Ban this loser, he keeps on Ripping people off an its not just one or two its like 6 people

Yeah, I think if/when he picks up the stuff I have left from our trade, that I included in trade, we will most likley have an exchange of words......

ash7
04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I think if/when he picks up the stuff I have left from our trade, that I included in trade, we will most likley have an exchange of words......

Odie22 and him had a nice exchange last night after he left bryan a "nice" voice message, from my understanding j427s apologized when told to "man up."

Perhaps some anger management counseling would be in order here? :thinking:

-jonathan

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Odie22 and him had a nice exchange last night after he left bryan a "nice" voice message, from my understanding j427s apologized when told to "man up."

Perhaps some anger management counseling would be in order here? :thinking:

-jonathan

Apparently so, but he messed up when he called me a liar, while he lied, or "forgot" to mention things wrong with the Talon. Hell, if I could I trade him back for my Civic.

BTLFED
04-14-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm tired of this. This guy is obviously shady and doesn't belong on here.

Tech5
04-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Its about time, I hope it was for Good not 5 days .....He has ripped to many people off to be a part of IA.....
I'm tired of this. This guy is obviously shady and doesn't belong on here.

BTLFED
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Its about time, I hope it was for Good not 5 days .....He has ripped to many people off to be a part of IA.....

When I ban people it is forever. I don't do that pansy ass week sh!t.

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
that's whats up, chris. :goodjob:

Tech5
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I think everyone that GOT RIPPED OFF should REPP you for life !!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
When I ban people it is forever. I don't do that pansy ass week sh!t.

ash7
04-14-2008, 07:47 PM
I think everyone that GOT RIPPED OFF should REPP you for life !!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

consider it done

-jonathan

BTLFED
04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
consider it done

-jonathan

Consider it repaid.

Double_0_Rusty
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Consider it repaid.

likewise.