PDA

View Full Version : timing belt cover

fininfarina
03-07-2008, 02:34 AM
on my ek, has b18b but there is no timing belt cover

looked like middle cover missing

I took my car a mechanic today and the guy told me that I'm going to mess up the engine if a small rock get in there...

but when I was lookin at pics of hondas, they are just like mine

I dont know whos right??

Motivation
03-07-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't have a timing belt cover in my civic, it hasn't been there for at least three years... It has never messed up anything on mine, so my guess would be you don't NEED one unless you just want to put one on there...

KPowerEP3
03-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Theoretically, you COULD get something in there and snap your timing belt. It's not impossible, just improbable. Other than being cheap, though, why not? Stock cam gears are ugly. Especially the ones on my DSM, which are huge, and exposed. I'm just lazy though, and will be doing a cam swap soon anyways.

NAIZBST
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Theoretically, you COULD get something in there and snap your timing belt. It's not impossible, just improbable. Other than being cheap, though, why not? Stock cam gears are ugly. Especially the ones on my DSM, which are huge, and exposed. I'm just lazy though, and will be doing a cam swap soon anyways.

well put

Sammich
03-07-2008, 08:29 AM

x3

mitch lab
03-07-2008, 10:07 AM
should be fine..plus it makes it easier to adjust aftermarket cam gears.

integar94
03-09-2008, 12:40 AM
MY car never had a timing belt cover and it was fine wit me

B_Hoov
03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
mines wide @ss open, no problems here

AnTi-PooN
03-09-2008, 11:43 AM
i would never drive without the bottom cover though. my top one is off