PDA

View Full Version : Teen shot self to death in Mobile High School Gym

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Police: Teen shot self to death in Mobile high school gym

3/6/2008, 3:07 p.m. CST By GARRY MITCHELL
The Associated Press MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — An 18-year-old student who recently was charged in a robbery at a fast-food restaurant and suspended from school fired a gun into the gym ceiling Thursday at Davidson High School and then killed himself, police said.

Police Chief Phillip Garrett said Jajuan Holmes fatally shot himself about 10 a.m. at the west Mobile school. He described the shooting as an isolated incident and that no one else was injured.

Garrett said Holmes was charged a few weeks ago in a Dairy Queen robbery and that it may have been a factor leading to the fatal shooting, but he said the teen's death remained under investigation.

He said there had been no signal that Holmes might be suicidal.

Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson Jr. said Holmes, released on bond on the robbery charge, had been suspended from school on Wednesday. Tyson didn't have any details on what led to the suspension, however.

He said Holmes did not enter the school through the front office as required, but made it into a student assembly in the gym during a test day that changed class routines.

There were about 150 students in the gym at the time of the shooting.

Chelsea Smith, a senior who witnessed the shooting, said she was seated in the gym bleachers when Holmes appeared at the top of the bleachers and walked down to the center of the gym court.

"He had a gun to his head," she said.

Smith said a coach walked toward Holmes, who pointed the gun at the coach until the coach retreated. She said Holmes then fired into the ceiling and shot himself.
I need to see the counselor," Smith said, standing outside the school with her sister.
Tyson said he has viewed footage from a surveillance camera that showed students exited the gym in an orderly manner.

"Students recognzied the danger and got out of the way. I didn't see one single picture of students who were not in control," Tyson said.

wow .....:no:

mad3nch1na
03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
serious attention whore

Its so unfortunate to see these school shootings, and how publicized they are.
The publicity only induces more shootings...

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
serious attention whore

Its so unfortunate to see these school shootings, and how publicized they are.
The publicity only induces more shootings...

Yeah nice vaild point ...

Leadfoot_mf
03-06-2008, 11:00 PM
awesome i hope someone recorded it i want to see that **** on youtube.

mad3nch1na
03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
lol knowing it was in a high school with 150+ kids in there, I'm sure at least SOME ONE got it on their camera phone.