PDA

View Full Version : Commerce...

Lucky.
03-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Excuse my noobness but, what do you need to run at the Atlanta Dragway, just a normal license? :thinking:

Rodrx
03-06-2008, 05:36 PM
yes.

Rodrx
03-06-2008, 05:39 PM
you also have to be 18 yrs old.

soplocar
03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
when do "fast fridays" return????

DC2NR
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
make sure you have some pants on. Last time I went they wouldn't let me run with shorts.

BUGMAN
03-07-2008, 08:03 AM
you also have to be 18 yrs old.

No Sir you don't.

My kid's have been running there since they were 11 yrs. old in Jr. Dragsters and now door cars.

You may want to check the rules between the ages of 16-18 though. Not sure if you need a parent waiver or not but we have not had to sign one in the last few years that I can remember and Austin is only 16 now and he runs in the 9's @ over 135 mph. :)

Not trying to be a **** so don't take it that way but I know there are circumstances depending on your age. :goodjob:

I do not know a track anywhere that will let you run without long pants, shirt, helmet and a license of some kind whether it being NHRA or DMV issued.

KREEP
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Excuse my noobness but, what do you need to run at the Atlanta Dragway, just a normal license? :thinking:
Some pants and a fast car

santacruz77
03-07-2008, 08:51 AM
lol i dunno about the fast car part

kreep run the jeep

03RCode
03-07-2008, 11:53 AM
I have a couple of stupid questions, mainly since I havent ran anything in these exact circumstances before...

1. I have a battery relocated to the hatch, its in a box, and secure down. Will I need a battery shut off switch to run on a regular test and tune night?

2. I have a nice crack all the way accross my front windshield, will they say anything about that? I know at Bristol they wont let you run with one.

I'll be there on the 14th, depending on these 2 things will determine if I run or just spectate. Thanks in advance guys.

BUGMAN
03-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I have a couple of stupid questions, mainly since I havent ran anything in these exact circumstances before...

1. I have a battery relocated to the hatch, its in a box, and secure down. Will I need a battery shut off switch to run on a regular test and tune night?

2. I have a nice crack all the way accross my front windshield, will they say anything about that? I know at Bristol they wont let you run with one.

I'll be there on the 14th, depending on these 2 things will determine if I run or just spectate. Thanks in advance guys.

You will need a battery cutoff for sure and it has to be wired through the alt so the car will die while running if the switch is flipped. There are other ways to make it work but that is the way we usually do it.

The windshield may or may not depending on if they feel it is a safety issue. We have ran there before with a crack but never shattered in any spot.