PDA

View Full Version : Misc Any metal fans ?

Im Thinkin RBs
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Who has heard the new Winds of Plauge cd with abigail williams ex keyboardist .. OH MY GOD !!! Pretty much god like ... if anyone has a copy of that can you send it to me ? or know any good torrents I can use ?

Hulud
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
not god like but alright

how about post in the right section?

:goodjob:

moved

TheGodfather
03-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Metal fan, but haven't heard of them.

green91
03-05-2008, 09:08 AM
ditto

Papa_Smurf
03-05-2008, 01:13 PM
ditto

didn't know you liked metal.

+12121 :goodjob:

Thighs
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
not a metal fan, sorry. i dont see the appeal in guitars that sound like my old game boy color. lol

green91
03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
didn't know you liked metal.

+12121 :goodjob:

yea i love it and i also play guitar, its very enjoyable and some is very technical to play

green91
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
not a metal fan, sorry. i dont see the appeal in guitars that sound like my old game boy color. lol

how is it that in your short time here you've managed to post some of the most dumb responses Ive ever heard in my life? a majority of metal players do tend to use de-tunings to give it a lower sound but i hardly see the resemblance to an 8bit video game system's audio. in fact metal style has more ties to shred and some jazz style playing making a lot of it very technical to play

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Metal fan, but haven't heard of them.

Dude you should check em out man they are insane ..

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 01:45 PM
yea i love it and i also play guitar, its very enjoyable and some is very technical to play

Dude i love it too man I as well play guitar and currently ina tech death metal band whats your rig man ?

Thighs
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
im not talking about the different tunings... the shredding is what im talking about. yeah its technical, but its all just REALLY fast classical and jazz scales. im not knocking the guitarists because they are definitely talented, but to me it takes alot more than just the ability to move your fingers really ****ing fast to be a good guitarist. alot of the guitarists these days base all or most of their playing off of technical ability, but theres ALOT more to a good guitar solo than how fast they go.

btw, i play guitar too.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
im not talking about the different tunings... the shredding is what im talking about. yeah its technical, but its all just REALLY fast classical and jazz scales. im not knocking the guitarists because they are definitely talented, but to me it takes alot more than just the ability to move your fingers really ****ing fast to be a good guitarist. alot of the guitarists these days base all or most of their playing off of technical ability, but theres ALOT more to a good guitar solo than how fast they go.

btw, i play guitar too.

thats true the shredding is cool but its all about harmonies and crazy wicked riffs and harmonized harmonics for me haha and augmented sweeps I love em !!

yeah pretty much my style ranges everywhere but main influence would be beneath the massacre / whitechapel / necrophagist . whitechapel is so good if you haven't heard them you should check them out vicser exciser oh damn ahahah .

Whats your rig man ?

Thighs
03-05-2008, 01:59 PM
right now im playing a used sg through an old pawn shop Kustom half stack, and i use a boss mega dist. for good measure.

its a weird looking rig but i love the sound and feel of the sg, the amp is amazing for clean and not horrible with dist, plus it looks cool haha. if youve seen a kustom, you know what im talking about.

Thighs
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
it wont let me edit my post... wtf

anyways, i play ALOT of different stuff, anything from blues to punk to ska and some classical stuff that ive picked up. ive really been into coheed lately though

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 02:17 PM
right now im playing a used sg through an old pawn shop Kustom half stack, and i use a boss mega dist. for good measure.

its a weird looking rig but i love the sound and feel of the sg, the amp is amazing for clean and not horrible with dist, plus it looks cool haha. if youve seen a kustom, you know what im talking about.

Yeah i played a kustom before its pretty warm.

Yeah I'm currently using a Ibanez tremelo series with floyd rose and EMG 81's and 85's FTW !! ahaha and switched the 5 toggle to 3 and the middle pickup is a dummy pick up because i dindt find any use for it my amp umm not too special its an old crate before the vtx series i think the distortion on it is ridiculous and no feedback at all really at high volumes but im currently investing in a peavy +6505 head with a krank cab man oh man its sooo heavy and raw .. and TUBES : ]]] !!! but yeah

if you like coheed you should check out hte band 3 ! there really good and i htink the vocalist is cousins wiht claudio so the vocals sound similar but dude !!! progressive tour in may at the Tab BTBAM, 3, Opeth, and Dreamtheater !

Thighs
03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah i played a kustom before its pretty warm.

Yeah I'm currently using a Ibanez tremelo series with floyd rose and EMG 81's and 85's FTW !! ahaha and switched the 5 toggle to 3 and the middle pickup is a dummy pick up because i dindt find any use for it my amp umm not too special its an old crate before the vtx series i think the distortion on it is ridiculous and no feedback at all really at high volumes but im currently investing in a peavy +6505 head with a krank cab man oh man its sooo heavy and raw .. and TUBES : ]]] !!! but yeah

if you like coheed you should check out hte band 3 ! there really good and i htink the vocalist is cousins wiht claudio so the vocals sound similar but dude !!! progressive tour in may at the Tab BTBAM, 3, Opeth, and Dreamtheater !

i probably wont go to that but im going to warped for sure. punk shows are my favorite because theres so much energy. i cant get into shredding because there isnt as much emotion in the playing. im thinking about getting either a hughes and kettner but i dont remember the model number, all i know is that the face plate lights up and looks cool, along with being a tube amp and having a SEXY tone and the most versatile distortion i know of, or buying my friends original 5150 half stack.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
i probably wont go to that but im going to warped for sure. punk shows are my favorite because theres so much energy. i cant get into shredding because there isnt as much emotion in the playing. im thinking about getting either a hughes and kettner but i dont remember the model number, all i know is that the face plate lights up and looks cool, along with being a tube amp and having a SEXY tone and the most versatile distortion i know of, or buying my friends original 5150 half stack.

I know what amp youir talking about . I love death core shows like whitechapel not really shreding just crazy riffs and breakdowns and 2 step

Thighs
03-05-2008, 06:05 PM
idk man metal just isnt my thing lol.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 06:06 PM
idk man metal just isnt my thing lol.

I feel ya everyone has diff styles .

green91
03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Well ive got 6 guitars but as far as when im playing metal/rock style ive got two ibanez RGs, one 6 string and one 7 string that i play through my peavey xxx

green91
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes look into the 6150/5150 or XXX, they are absolutely amazing amps. I cant really get "vintage" rock tones out of mine even with the crunch, but its not difficult to nail the EVH, metallica, or mesa dual rec type tones

4dmin
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
this is a ok attempt of death metal and european black metal... if you like this you need to listen to the gods of black metal EMPEROR!!! also check out Cradle of Filth - Vampire EP/Principle of Evil Made Flesh, Mayhem, Borknagar, Old Mans Child, Dark Throne, etc

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Well ive got 6 guitars but as far as when im playing metal/rock style ive got two ibanez RGs, one 6 string and one 7 string that i play through my peavey xxx

mmmm xXx are sexy and play nice ! I want a prestige so bad but so expensive ... the neck is crazy gotta love wizzard necks : ] dude I've been looking for a 7 string for a while . what tunning you play in ?

green91
03-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I keep my rg5 in E but ive got the bridge set tighter so i can adjust the FR into drop-d pretty easily, and the 7 string i leave in standard B, i do drop the low B into A sometimes but B is low enough. ill likely be getting rid of it pretty soon though, its not as comfortable for me to play as a detuned 6.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I keep my rg5 in E but ive got the bridge set tighter so i can adjust the FR into drop-d pretty easily, and the 7 string i leave in standard B, i do drop the low B into A sometimes but B is low enough. ill likely be getting rid of it pretty soon though, its not as comfortable for me to play as a detuned 6. i play in c standard when i play more like melodic death metal stuff like The Absence (http://www.myspace.com/theabsence) oh my god they are so technical like melodies and harmonies wise ... tey are amazing and black dahlia murder style stuff but i usually play in b natural for my stuff get that black metal / death sounds with breakdowns and what not like whitechapel : ] i played the xxx at guitar center its sooo nice and fat sounding . but my personal favorite is the peavy +6505 because it has a raw attack to it when you hit the strings in certain ways like it gets more raw the heavier you attack ahh i love it

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
this is a ok attempt of death metal and european black metal... if you like this you need to listen to the gods of black metal EMPEROR!!! also check out Cradle of Filth - Vampire EP/Principle of Evil Made Flesh, Mayhem, Borknagar, Old Mans Child, Dark Throne, etc

dude I LOVE EMPEROR AND MAYHEM !!!! but not a big fan of cradle of filth ... eh check out dimmu borgir or behemoth : ] and VADER !!! how could i forget NECROPHAGIST ahh i saw them at summer slaughter fermented offal discharge was epic . muhammed is amazing . but dude you should check out at the throne of judgment there a band from ohio they broke up but man they are talented as hell straight outta high school i saw them when they came to georgia listen to marytrdom ruin of gaia such an epic song .

http://www.myspace.com/atthethroneofjudgment

hXc007
03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
bring me the horizon!!!

slayer shreds too lol :goodjob:

dont forget about elysia

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
bring me the horizon!!!

slayer shreds too lol :goodjob:

dont forget about elysia

hahaha 666 posts rep ! but nah dude bring me the horizon are abunch of scene queens ... i saw them live and wasn't impressed they are overrated .

with blood comes cleansing and the new my children my bride is where its at !!!! dude my children my bride this saturday henry county !!! the r.o.c.k show i think at first christan church .. insane .

hXc007
03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
dude, im about to move out to henry county!

we should hangout or jam sometime lol

TheGodfather
03-05-2008, 10:59 PM
I'll def. check em out.

Lately I've been listening to August Burns Red, Unearth, Killswitch Engage, and some Black Dahlia Murder.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I'll def. check em out.

Lately I've been listening to August Burns Red, Unearth, Killswitch Engage, and some Black Dahlia Murder.

REP !!! You my friend have some good taste in music and I've seen all but unearth live ahhh man I hear their pits are insane ....

Im Thinkin RBs
03-05-2008, 11:04 PM
dude, im about to move out to henry county!

we should hangout or jam sometime lol

Henry sucks .. hahaha you'll hate it eventually so much drama that county carries haha but there are some cool people from AHMC .. but other than that its lame . but the local music scene henry is where its at so many shows go on .. so many scene kids though hahahaha .

TheGodfather
03-06-2008, 12:34 AM
REP !!! You my friend have some good taste in music and I've seen all but unearth live ahhh man I hear their pits are insane ....

In a few weeks I'm going to see ABR with some other bands in a local show.

I missed Unearth the last time they came because of class, but I heard the same you did from my friends.

I also just missed As I Lay Dying not too long ago. I always seem to miss the good shows, lol.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 07:41 AM
In a few weeks I'm going to see ABR with some other bands in a local show.

I missed Unearth the last time they came because of class, but I heard the same you did from my friends.

I also just missed As I Lay Dying not too long ago. I always seem to miss the good shows, lol.
oh my god i saw as i lay dying with all that remains and through the eyes of the dead oh my god sick show .

4dmin
03-06-2008, 08:37 AM
dude I LOVE EMPEROR AND MAYHEM !!!! but not a big fan of cradle of filth ... eh check out dimmu borgir or behemoth : ] and VADER !!! how could i forget NECROPHAGIST ahh i saw them at summer slaughter fermented offal discharge was epic . muhammed is amazing . but dude you should check out at the throne of judgment there a band from ohio they broke up but man they are talented as hell straight outta high school i saw them when they came to georgia listen to marytrdom ruin of gaia such an epic song .

http://www.myspace.com/atthethroneofjudgment

ya all of those bands are great. i saw emperor + vader back in 99'. i have a pretty large collection of black metal. if you haven't heard Cradle of Filths first two cd's you need to check them out. great stuff w/ lots of keys; back with nick on drums who later went to play for borknagar then dimmu borgir :goodjob:

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
ya all of those bands are great. i saw emperor + vader back in 99'. i have a pretty large collection of black metal. if you haven't heard Cradle of Filths first two cd's you need to check them out. great stuff w/ lots of keys; back with nick on drums who later went to play for borknagar then dimmu borgir :goodjob:

Yeah i saw vader and mavelolent creation not too long ago with cattle decap saw cattle 3 times it was ridiculous . I lvoe the synths and keys in black metal its insane .

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Speaking of good music ... heres something really good check it out http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?p=36585005#post36585005

Elbow
03-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I like metal, Blink 182 FTMFW

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I like metal, Blink 182 FTMFW

wait what FTMFW ? haha .

green91
03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
On my RG6 i keep the bridge set kinda so i can adjust the bridge screw to drop D or standard E pretty easily, the 7 stringer stays in BEADGBE or drop A. Im getting rid of the rg7 though, its to wide for my comfort to play. I had a PRS Se custom with EMGs that i sold, but i want another one, and i left it in drop C a majority of the time

Im Thinkin RBs
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
On my RG6 i keep the bridge set kinda so i can adjust the bridge screw to drop D or standard E pretty easily, the 7 stringer stays in BEADGBE or drop A. Im getting rid of the rg7 though, its to wide for my comfort to play. I had a PRS Se custom with EMGs that i sold, but i want another one, and i left it in drop C a majority of the time

Oh I know man 7 strings are sooo uncomfy ... but still heavy in AEADGBE I can't remember if its called drop A or not becuase A flat and B natural are the same idk i forgot ahah but yeah I got an autograph from the dude that made prs he came to guitar center a while back yeah my friend sold his 59' les paul vintage his grandpa gave it to him for sentimental value i guess and he sold it for 250,000 k and they bought a viper pretty disapointed in teh car choice ahaha

How much you selling that 7 string btw ? I'm kinda interested ..

green91
03-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Its a rg7620 and ive got a potential buyer but ill let you know. everyone should post up some pics of their rigs, ill try and find some of my guitars

GTScoob
03-12-2008, 07:23 PM
MMMmmmmetal!!!

I used to listen to a bunch of euro metal. Nowadays its just stuff like Kyuss, Godflesh, and Motorhead.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Its a rg7620 and ive got a potential buyer but ill let you know. everyone should post up some pics of their rigs, ill try and find some of my guitars

oh really : / awwh ... man i want one >.< ... well heres my geetar .
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7500/rgtremelo001oy3.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7476/rgtremelo002jy4.jpg