PDA

View Full Version : What can honda's alternators handle?

Pher
08-10-2005, 03:01 AM
I have a 1998 Acura Integra GSR. I have a dual 10" Eclipse system that I had in my old car that I would like to work into my Teg. However I feel that 2 10's in that car would destroy not only my ears but also the rattle free plastic in my car. So I will probably just make a box to put one of them in the back.

I know that people have had problems with Honda's alternators crapping out when a lot of draw is applied by amps. Keeping in mind that I'm not car sterio savvy, what would you guys suggest to run this?

What amp would you suggest, Is a cap necessary, Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

YokotaS13
08-10-2005, 09:47 AM
i have a 750 d class and a 4 channel 250 watt pushign around 300 metered. my 13 13 year old del sol alternator powers it great, no cap, and no dimming.

sina518
01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
i got 2 diamond audio 15's in a accord running with a diamond audio d6 1500 and i get dimming put i still have factory batt and no cap.

BanginJimmy
01-09-2006, 08:05 PM
what model number sub are you thinking about using? are you running any other amps? any other aftermarket electronics that would be drawing on the electrical system?

My guess is that the factory alt can handle it. Just upgrade your big 3, and maybe add a better battery and you will be fine. A cap is a bandaid, not a fix. Spend the money on the battery.