PDA

View Full Version : Throwing two codes!

TheChosenOne
03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
My friend's Si is showing two seperate codes for his oxygen sensor heater wire. Does this mean the oxygen sensor is bad? He needs to pass emissions so whatever needs to be done, let me know.

dcshoeco
03-03-2008, 03:30 PM
He can always do the quick emissions pass lol..

puregroove
03-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Instead of going to the store and getting another O2 sensor, find someone who has the same o2 sensor, swap them, and see if the car is still throwing the code. :goodjob: I've had to do this numerous times.

dcshoeco
03-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Or you take it 2 autozone and let them run watever that thing is they have on 2 tell you wat all codes you are throwing..

Grimm Reeper
03-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Yea that's the code I'm throwing besides VTEC Pressure...... I've been using the same O2 Sensor from the past 3 swaps lol. So it's now time to change mine out, so what's the other code J?

dcshoeco
03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Yea that's the code I'm throwing besides VTEC Pressure...... I've been using the same O2 Sensor from the past 3 swaps lol. So it's now time to change mine out, so what's the other code J?

Nice one Tony lol..Why didnt you change it out tha first time??

Grimm Reeper
03-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Because it wasn't throwing it through the first 2 swaps, could be because of running rich and spitting out all that oil, that it was about time to change it. When all of this happened I was getting ready to head up here to SC :goodjob:

dcshoeco
03-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Because it wasn't throwing it through the first 2 swaps, could be because of running rich and spitting out all that oil, that it was about time to change it. When all of this happened I was getting ready to head up here to SC :goodjob:

O ok gotcha man..

TheChosenOne
03-06-2008, 01:20 AM
The first code was for the primary o2 sensor wire, and the second code was for the secondary 02 heater wire... I heard that pretty much means the 02 is malfunctioning, but now im having a problem of getting it off! I bought some of that penetrator stuff for AutoZone. I sprayed it three different times, 20 minutes apart, and it wont budge!

He needs to pass emissions with the quickness! how can I get it off?

GSRtegŪ
03-06-2008, 01:45 AM
The first code was for the primary o2 sensor wire, and the second code was for the secondary 02 heater wire... I heard that pretty much means the 02 is malfunctioning, but now im having a problem of getting it off! I bought some of that penetrator stuff for AutoZone. I sprayed it three different times, 20 minutes apart, and it wont budge!

He needs to pass emissions with the quickness! how can I get it off?

They do sell special tools to take them of with.

dcshoeco
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
They do sell special tools to take them of with.

Thats a no no JR lol..

90SiHatch
03-08-2008, 11:34 AM
get a crescent wrench big enough to take it off