PDA

View Full Version : would you let your...

Catnip
03-02-2008, 11:46 PM
...18 year old son take your convertible C5 corvette to prom?

keep in mind your son hasn't had any tickets, wrecks, warnings, fender benders, blown engines/trannies etc.
(he's had a turbo tbird, mustang gt, GST, and GSR swapped hatch as DD, so not completely unexperienced in quick cars)

Revmaynard
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
No.

Scrilla
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Nope.

On_Her_Face
03-02-2008, 11:53 PM

keep in mind your son hasn't had any tickets, wrecks, warnings, fender benders, blown engines/trannies etc.
(he's had a turbo tbird, mustang gt, GST, and GSR swapped hatch as DD, so not completely unexperienced in quick cars)

yes, ohh wait, i took my C6 targa top, plus girls do not like the top down till the day after or going back to the hotel/party to get drunk

Revmaynard
03-02-2008, 11:58 PM

There is a difference between quick and fast. Lol. Atleast between those and a 'Vette.

Oz10
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I would say yes. He's just trying to look good for all his friends and his date.

Catnip
03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
There is a difference between quick and fast. Lol. Atleast between those and a 'Vette.

well compared to his 8 second camaro, the vette would be just quick:D

my dad hasn't even got one yet, but he's got the money and all his car dealer friends keeping an eye out for one.

But this chick that's in college is going with me, and she happens to like vettes and muscle cars.:ninja:

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 12:09 AM
yeah, but prolly better to take a limo if you wanna ball.

Magnus213
03-03-2008, 12:10 AM
If you trust him, yes.

Catnip
03-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I'd even be down with a throttle stop at like 1/8 throttle. lol.

If I want to speed, I'll do it in my **** at 15 psi. :-)

Revmaynard
03-03-2008, 12:12 AM
well compared to his 8 second camaro, the vette would be just quick:D

my dad hasn't even got one yet, but he's got the money and all his car dealer friends keeping an eye out for one.

But this chick that's in college is going with me, and she happens to like vettes and muscle cars.:ninja:

Tell him to fcking buy a helicopter and say fck wheels.

Catnip
03-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Tell him to fcking buy a helicopter and say fck wheels.

that'd be pretty fly (pun intended, lol), but too much for a self employed mobile mechanic.

keevo54
03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
lol. Need a vette to get laid?

Revmaynard
03-03-2008, 12:19 AM
DSM's not cutting it. lol.

Catnip
03-03-2008, 12:22 AM
DSM's not cutting it. lol.

she said it was slow and won't even go 60mph!

no really, i clutch kicked 1st, grabbed second and ran it to 70mph. True, it was only at like 8psi, but she said the VW she rode in the other day was faster.

quickdodgeŽ
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
lol. Need a vette to get laid?

My thoughts exactly. Later, QD.

YoungGun
03-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I'd say yeah cause my dad always has let me take his cars whenever I want. Hell when I got my license the first car I took out by myself was his 62 Corvette.

pali_meister
03-03-2008, 12:27 AM
i would say hell no

Catnip
03-03-2008, 12:28 AM
My thoughts exactly. Later, QD.
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/hater-free-zone.jpg

lol.

i got :boobies: with the stang, no need for a vette.:lmfao:

Deke
03-03-2008, 12:33 AM
If you trust him, yes.

x2

If he's a good kid, sure. Limos are more fun though :)

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 12:38 AM
limos are a lot of fun. vettes aren't even that hard to drive though, if you're dad don't trust you enough to drive one of those for a night then there is something wrong with your relationship with him. now if he just wants to be spiteful and not let you take it cause its his car thats a ***** move, but understandable.

goodluck though

quickdodgeŽ
03-03-2008, 12:41 AM
limos are a lot of fun. vettes aren't even that hard to drive though, if you're dad don't trust you enough to drive one of those for a night then there is something wrong with your relationship with him. now if he just wants to be spiteful and not let you take it cause its his car thats a ***** move, but understandable.

goodluck though

As I always thought, you have a lot to learn. Later, QD.

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 12:46 AM
As I always thought, you have a lot to learn. Later, QD.

i agree on that......*goes to check reps and waits for qds neg*

G35Cam
03-03-2008, 12:49 AM
i would not let them take the vette

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 12:51 AM
i would not let them take the vette

Why?

AirMax95
03-03-2008, 12:58 AM
I took my uncles C4 to my highschool prom in 2001!

Revmaynard
03-03-2008, 12:59 AM
C4's not as nice as C5. lol

AirMax95
03-03-2008, 01:00 AM
C4's not as nice as C5. lol

true, but still........lol

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 01:02 AM
if my dad had a C4 vette and i had to go to prom w/out a limo, i'd prolly take my Prelude, unless it was a ZR-1

G35Cam
03-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Why?

i wont let anybody drive my G, so thinking if I had a c5, it be a big f*cking hell no

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 01:06 AM
i wouldnt let a soul drive my G, so thinking if I had a c5, it be a big f*cking hell no

personal preferrence then. i still see no reason to let a son with a clean driving record and the ability to drive mildly quick cars not take a c5 vette out for a night.

unless he can't drive worth a sh!t, but this doesn't look like the case

G35Cam
03-03-2008, 01:11 AM
personal preferrence then. i still see no reason to let a son with a clean driving record and the ability to drive mildly quick cars not take a c5 vette out for a night.

he will probably try to impress his friends and date

quickdodgeŽ
03-03-2008, 01:13 AM

If you agree, why would you still try to give input on something you admittedly know nothing about? Later, QD.

Deke
03-03-2008, 01:14 AM

agreed

Edit: Lol at my post after QD's. The way I see it QD, the OP asked for opinions without giving hardly any info. So he should be alright with opinions from people that don't know the entire situation.

GTmustang
03-03-2008, 01:14 AM
I'd say yeah cause my dad always has let me take his cars whenever I want. Hell when I got my license the first car I took out by myself was his 62 Corvette.

Id say yea too. my first car is this baby here

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 01:18 AM
If you agree, why would you still try to give input on something you admittedly know nothing about? Later, QD.

he asked so i'm giving my opinion. why wouldn't you let an 18yr old out with your c5 QD?

quickdodgeŽ
03-03-2008, 01:28 AM
agreed

Edit: Lol at my post after QD's. The way I see it QD, the OP asked for opinions without giving hardly any info. So he should be alright with opinions from people that don't know the entire situation.

It's not the entire situation that I'm looking at. He's asking this to people of whom well over half aren't even parents. Of course all the younger folks are going to agree with him and his stance because they are (sort of) in the same boat. There is a whole different side when you're the parent yourself.

why wouldn't you let an 18yr old out with your c5 QD?

As I stated above, you wouldn't understand because you're not a parent. Later, QD.

antiv6
03-03-2008, 02:33 AM
ya, its not like its a Ferrari or anything

KPowerEP3
03-03-2008, 02:42 AM

no really, i clutch kicked 1st, grabbed second and ran it to 70mph. True, it was only at like 8psi, but she said the VW she rode in the other day was faster.
weaksauce. Your DSM just hates you, because they are potential panty moisturizers.

Fr33way
03-03-2008, 04:33 AM
4 coil packs out on the table LOL.

Fr33way
03-03-2008, 04:38 AM
he asked so i'm giving my opinion. why wouldn't you let an 18yr old out with your c5 QD?

It's not what does or does not happen but what *could* happen in the eyes of a parent man. Honestly it's not even about the car, maybe just the rare oppurtunity that leads to an even more rare chance of any kind of incident and as a parent you don't just give those chances away.

redrumracer
03-03-2008, 06:11 AM
sure i dont see why not.

GTmustang
03-03-2008, 06:26 AM
It's not what does or does not happen but what *could* happen in the eyes of a parent man. Honestly it's not even about the car, maybe just the rare oppurtunity that leads to an even more rare chance of any kind of incident and as a parent you don't just give those chances away.

Thats a good point

Elbow
03-03-2008, 07:00 AM

I was gonna say yes until I read this. You clutch kicked it?? :eek:

Leisa
03-03-2008, 07:19 AM
I would say yes.. why not.. he is used to driving those types of cars. Is he trustworthy?

KPowerEP3
03-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh and BTW, Hell no I wouldn't. My dad made that mistake when he had his Millenium Yellow 03 C5Z, know how I beat on that car the couple times he let me take it when I was 17-18, I wouldn't be caught dead doing that.

Kevykev
03-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Simple answer

_O!!!

first letter is an "N"

Leadfoot_mf
03-03-2008, 08:09 AM
no

DieselNuts
03-03-2008, 08:17 AM
I found a little computer moniter made for bimmers that will record the way it has been driven (rpms, mph, stuff like that). If I were the father in this position, I would find a way to make this work on the vette, or find something similar.

If the 18yr old is responsible enough, then I would say yes, but honestly, I would probably follow him in a friends car to make sure he drives it the way he says he will.

keevo54
03-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Sure he could prolly handle the car but with a hot(hopefully) piece of ass in the car, he will more than likely do something stupid to impress her and it will prolly not have a happy ending

Ran
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
No wrecks or anything? Well, there's a first time for everything. Like hell I'd let it happen in my car. lol

mad3nch1na
03-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Hell freaking yea, you DO want him to get laid now...

MistaCee
03-03-2008, 01:35 PM
yeah, but prolly better to take a limo if you wanna ball.

Hell nah. Im taking my uncles 300c srt8 to prom. Driving a nice car rather than riding in a nice car is better to me :goodjob:

man
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I say no. It's a huge hassle and 20x less pimp than it actually sounds. Going with friends is always the best way to go. The C5 will get you less action and make you look like a douche bag

MistaCee
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM
I say no. It's a huge hassle and 20x less pimp than it actually sounds. Going with friends is always the best way to go. The C5 will get you less action and make you look like a douche bag

How is that?

JITB
03-03-2008, 02:26 PM
hell naw... if u gettin it for some *****... **** that *****.. i pulled girls in my protege...lol u shouldnt need a vette . ur gonna wrap that **** around a tree, tryin to show off..

Vayda
03-03-2008, 03:11 PM
If it's his junior prom, then no. he can go with his friends and if he keeps the good record up he can have it for his senior prom.

If it's his senior prom, then sure, what the hell.

mad3nch1na
03-03-2008, 03:13 PM
If it's his junior prom, then no. he can go with his friends and if he keeps the good record up he can have it for his senior prom.

If it's his senior prom, then sure, what the hell.
If his son is 18 years old and not a senior, I don't think he should be going to prom at all...

Hit the Books NiKKA :ninja:

Vayda
03-03-2008, 03:16 PM
18 at junior prom isn't unreasonable. The kid could have been held back in like, elementary school, or have one of those funky birthdays where he's older than everyone else in his class, or they could have moved from somewhere else...lots of possibilities.

And i love your sig.

AlanŽ
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
hmmm idk. A friend of mine was gonna let me borrow his supra but my dad said no simply because it's not the kid you have to worry about so much as the other idiots on the road especially on prom night. So if I had to make a quick decision the answer it would be no.

Catnip
03-03-2008, 03:24 PM
naw, im a senior.

I wouldnt wrap it around a tree, wtf? Not the fastest I would have driven. I just said those were the cars I've daily driven.

JITB
03-03-2008, 03:29 PM
u forgot to factor in the fact of the girl in the passenger seat, u already said u tried to impress in the eclipse...

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM

That is understandable, hell, I had the opportunity to take a Maseratti Quattroporte but my father said he rather have me take a Limo. He said he didn't want me to drink and drive since I was allowed to drink that night. :cheers:

Nemesis
03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
All I thought about when I read this thread was the opening scene of F&F 3 :lmao:

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
All I thought about when I read this thread was the opening scene of F&F 3 :lmao:

LOL, the vette would get ripped a new one by the viper though

Julio
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Whats so special about a c5 vette?

collins
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM
here's teh way i see it... when i eventually decide to have kids, there will be a strong bond between father/son (assuming its a boy) and he will know the consequences of his actions BEFORE he ever sits his ass in the driver seat... and by that he will be way to scared to even park too close to someone... being that it would be a trusting situation and he'd be more scared of me than the wraith of God, i say sure!

:lmfao:

seriously tho, if the trust is there, i say absolutely. if its not... no way in hell.

Deke
03-03-2008, 07:43 PM
here's teh way i see it... when i eventually decide to have kids, there will be a strong bond between father/son (assuming its a boy) and he will know the consequences of his actions BEFORE he ever sits his ass in the driver seat... and by that he will be way to scared to even park too close to someone... being that it would be a trusting situation and he'd be more scared of me than the wraith of God, i say sure!

:lmfao:

seriously tho, if the trust is there, i say absolutely. if its not... no way in hell.

What you describe is pretty much what I have with my dad. He's never denied me the opportunity to drive any of our families cars (granted none as fast as a C5), but I fully understood that I'd be in deep ish if something happened. Hell, for the first few years I had my license he told me if I got a speeding ticket (in my car) I'd lose my driving privledges and he'd make me start taking the school bus.

That being said, me and my Dad are extremely close, and I was never scared of him so to say, but I definitely understood there would be consequences for me doing stupid sh*t.

IndianStig
03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
What you describe is pretty much what I have with my dad. He's never denied me the opportunity to drive any of our families cars (granted none as fast as a C5), but I fully understood that I'd be in deep ish if something happened. Hell, for the first few years I had my license he told me if I got a speeding ticket (in my car) I'd lose my driving privledges and he'd make me start taking the school bus.

That being said, me and my Dad are extremely close, and I was never scared of him so to say, but I definitely understood there would be consequences for me doing stupid sh*t.

Seriously, my dad was the same way till last semester when I got three tickets. Now they wanna get rid of my POS and put me in an SUV, lol.

Catnip
03-03-2008, 08:55 PM
u forgot to factor in the fact of the girl in the passenger seat, u already said u tried to impress in the eclipse...

That's true, but I don't abuse other peoples cars. Besides, not only was that scenario in my car, but that was going to happen if a girl was in the car or not.
i usually do comfort driving with a girl in the car anyways.

I talked to my dad about it tonight, and he said I probably will be able to. I told him he can put a throttle stop at 1/32 throttle and beat me if anything happened to it. lol

:bump: :ninja:

quickdodgeŽ
03-04-2008, 06:53 AM
(assuming its a boy)

Eve if your child had a wang, it'd probably still be female.

and he will know the consequences of his actions BEFORE he ever sits his ass in the driver seat..

Who the fucc are you to reprimand someone for their "mistakes" behind the wheel when you do what you do? You're the last person that should be instilling punishment for driving actions. Fuccing hypocrite is what that is. Later, QD.