PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Salvage Title

NorthSydeEk
08-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Anyone knows what to do to get a salvage title back to regular title?

SniperJoe
08-10-2005, 12:24 AM
There is no way that I am aware of that doesn't involve getting the car registered in another state. You are talking about getting a clean title out of a salvage/rebuilt title, right?

NorthSydeEk
08-10-2005, 04:39 AM
yeah. I heard there is a way.

Allshow97
08-10-2005, 09:39 AM
There is a way to get your salvage title to where you can sale the car again what it is, is that you have to get the car inspected by the state in which case they will either say yay or nay if they say yay a new title is issued but it is "Branded" meaning that it will show that at one time that car was salvaged. Someone you can call that knows more about this is BMVW in union City. Hope this helps you.

Slowest Civic in the South.

martysbitch
08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
we bought a car on a salvage title and we had to go to the state and its been 3 months since we have been dealing with it but hopefully soon we will have a clean title. i will have my fiance pm u and give u the number if u want it

NorthSydeEk
08-10-2005, 10:35 AM
we bought a car on a salvage title and we had to go to the state and its been 3 months since we have been dealing with it but hopefully soon we will have a clean title. i will have my fiance pm u and give u the number if u want it

yeah i want the number. Can i get more information about it?

mad3nch1na
08-10-2005, 12:09 PM
i dont know a number but i do know how it works.

you have to get thecar repaired by a group of highly trained people, *expensive* they must have so many degrees and stuff.

after you get it fixed up you have to bring it to a place and get it checked, checked by the government... wich costs quite a bit of money.

and the tests are EXTREAMLY difficult. alot of cars with clean titles will not pass it.

salvage title= pain in ass

Tracy
08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
you now have to be certified to rebuild a car. It used to be that anyone could rebuild a car by submitting pictures of the processand progress. They changed that law some time ago....

ŁG2♣
08-10-2005, 01:52 PM
yes theres a way..my friend of mine had change his salvage title to a clean one...when they are in the procedure of checking your car, they mainly looking if the headlights and taillights work, and airbags, from what i heard of, they dont look under the car if your got a cat. converter..also from what i heard....ill try get that guy number if ya want...

SniperJoe
08-10-2005, 02:08 PM
What you guys aren't understanding is that a "Rebuilt" car is NOT a clean title. From my experience, you can restore a car with a salvage title and get it inspected and they will issue you a rebuilt title, but it is not the same as a clean title. That rebuilt title will follow you around and make it next to impossible to sell the car and make it difficult to get insurance as well.

NorthSydeEk
08-10-2005, 02:37 PM
well thanks for all the help. I got it restore and Ready to run!

SIL80det
08-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I went through this with my 240 last summer and the process was a bitch. I was actually suprised at how easy the final inspection was though. It only took like 4 or 5 minutes and they signed off on it. I did most of the work myself but had a friend at a shop just write me up a fake receipt on the shop's paper. They never even looked at it when I handed them the paperwork at the inspection place.

therealgoon9
08-12-2005, 07:17 AM
I bought 96 galant in alabama salvaged. Anyone know any rebuilders that can hoook me up?

93H22ACX
08-12-2005, 09:20 AM
If its a salvage title you must have a certified rebuilder rebuild it. If its a REBUILT Title, it just needs to go through inspection.

therealgoon9
08-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Thats why I need a rebuilder.