PDA

View Full Version : Not picking up radio stations.

JASONBALL
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I just removed a cd changer from a ford taurus. it had numerous plugs. afterall was removed. I replugged in the main power harness of the system and plugged in what i thought was the antenna in to the box.

the unit I worked on what in the rear drivers side quarter panel. any info would be great.

chip P.
03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
the antenna should be that big black chord. thicker than others
I just removed a cd changer from a ford taurus. it had numerous plugs. afterall was removed. I replugged in the main power harness of the system and plugged in what i thought was the antenna in to the box.

the unit I worked on what in the rear drivers side quarter panel. any info would be great.

Grnblur
03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
in that car the factory tuner box is in the trunk on the left side. you need to make sure that all the plugs are pluged in. The antenna should look like a regular antenna cable. but it may also have to be powered up so check all the plugs.

tluve69
03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
may need to get a "patch cable"

JASONBALL
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
may need to get a "patch cable"

explain.

okay well with the cd changer there were tons of plugs. that went into it. but they were all part of the cd change cable. now there is the antena and the main harness.

tluve69
03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
I know that when I worded on my sisters probe I had to get an amp bypass kit basically a "patch cable" which completed the circuit and everything was fine. without it everything powered up and some speakers worked but others didnt so just taking a shot that maybe you are having the same kind of symptoms if you have any un-conected wires/cables...