PDA

View Full Version : Misc internet problems

Schugg
03-01-2008, 08:29 AM
my home internet has been having alot of problems, ive called att twice but they never fix anything. my wife has a mac with uses a wireless connection to get on our net, and my ps3 is connected with the lan cable. her laptop has alot of problems staying connected even when its the only thing online. then when my ps3 is only and she tries to open up a website it will turn the modem connection light red and disconnect us both. i have 6mbps "elite" DSL through AT&T, not sure if its just cause thats not enough or what but i never had this problem when i had my 8mb cable connection with suddenlink. (which now they up'd it to 10mb so it would be even better)

heres what i get for 35 dollars

IP Address: 1 Dynamic
Downstream Speed: Up to 6.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps

ive heard modems/rotors can get virus's i was wondering if that could be it, or is it att just sucks balls and now im pissed cause i think im in a contract with their ass....

.:EuRo FLYbOy:.
03-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm havin' a similar problem man, and I also have att. I can't connect to the laptop and my desktop loses connection every once in a while.

Schugg
03-01-2008, 09:55 AM
im talking to them now, im going back to suddenlink, ill just keep my cell phone (which i wish i could cancel cause i dont use it), and my house phone. im never doing a bundle package with anyone again. next time ill just get the net i want, a house phone and prepaid cell phone.

Schugg
03-01-2008, 09:56 AM
ok i lied........ass clowns told me theres a contract on my internet too....

DreamStalker
03-03-2008, 04:56 AM
lol, after u r contracts over, u should try comcast. the problem people dont like is the customer service, but i try to avoid dat at all costs lol.

Schugg
03-03-2008, 05:16 AM
after this contract im switch back to suddenlink, they were probably the best internet ive ever used. and the only ones i know that offer 10mbps, around where im at anyway