PDA

View Full Version : B52 Car Audio

JASONBALL
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
My question is has anyone ever heard of them or know anything about them. Please let me know. I saw them today at a local shop. they don't look too bad.

0\s accord
03-01-2008, 12:01 AM
never heard of them to be truthfull if they not to expensive i would get one and see how they are cause u probally wont find someone with one atleast where i live

0\s accord
03-01-2008, 12:07 AM
i looked up some of them and they dont look all that good and they are a bit heavy on the price side 250 bucks for a 18'' sub that only holds 1000watts rms it aint bad but i rather keep my tens to be truthfull heres the stats on the 18 inch sub Power Handling: 1000 Watts R.M.S.
Frequency Response: 20-160 Hz
Voice Coil Diameter: 4" (100mm)
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Magnet Structure: 200 oz
Weight: 25 lbs.
Multi-layer, precision-wound polyamide voice coils create superior electro-mechanical energy conversion
Rigid, heat dissipating cast-aluminum or steel frames provide ultimate motor structure support
Deep, bumped back plates allow the voice coil to reach maximum excursion without bottoming-out, resulting in deep bass
Advanced cone materials with superior internal damping mean ultra-fast transient response and super-low distortion
Tough, flexible surround with long-throw, positive-roll design, control extreme cone excursion and is highly tear-resistant
Vented pole piece pumps air through the magnetic gap and directly over and around the voice-coil

JASONBALL
03-01-2008, 12:18 AM
from what I found is that the 12's peak at 1000 rms at 500. but I email the company to send me an info packet. more info welcome

BanginJimmy
03-01-2008, 12:52 AM
8 ohm impedence sounds like a home theater sub. Most subs you se in mobile audio are going to 4 ohm or less.

JASONBALL
03-01-2008, 01:28 AM
www.b52audio.com

here is there site.

Mr2InSaNe
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I have seen their products and heard them, sounds real good for the price that you are paying. speakers are nice and actually stitched, which very few lines these days have stitched surrounds. The element series amp look really good as well. The only thing is the ELW series subs , you have to get a custom box because it will not fit in any kind of prefabbed box because of the weird shape of the basket. Other than that the subs are good for the price and CF cone. They are well known outside of the USA. I think it is the first year they have sold their products in the US ... after CES.

Dracc
03-03-2008, 10:07 PM
8 ohm impedence sounds like a home theater sub. Most subs you se in mobile audio are going to 4 ohm or less.

hahahaha... exatly .. welll the old blue road thunders were like 10 ohms.. but more are anywhere from 4 ohms for .5ohm... the w7's are 3 ohms if i'm correct