PDA

View Full Version : Maaco paint jobs??

Brian*
02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Just wondering how good they did, if anyone has ever had anything good or bad come from there please let me know* I'm getting the body work done local, but the dude is only good at just that *body work* LOL
But anyway let me know
REPS BOTH WAYS* Thanks guys God Bless :cheers:

ebkmike
02-29-2008, 11:26 AM
paint chip after a year

Sammich
02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
it usually just depends on the maaco shop and those who work there. i have seen GREAT paint jobs and horrible ones. before u go there..make sure u mask off what u dont want painted b/c they will definitely paint over things that u will more than likely over things u dont want painted. personally i plan on trying them out after i get my body work done on my truck...i think maaco is perfect for a daily...

PS..be sure to get it buffed out

Brian*
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah, my Lexus is a DD for sure* I think I'm going to the one in Gainsville?? Dunno, if you know of a better one ill go there for sure... I'm from south Fl and live up in north Ga now so I don't know of any other ones LOL Damn I gotta move...haha

Sammich
02-29-2008, 11:52 AM
well the maaco around me was just built about 2yrs ago (i'm in south carolina) so..whenever i get my body work done ill send it to them to spray it

03RCode
02-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Brian, have you thought about talking to Josh Shook? He's running the Shooks Body Shop in Murphy now and their paint jobs look incredible. Good Price too.

jdmdb8itr
03-01-2008, 12:52 AM
they do some good work and bad, most of the bad work is from them not doing good on the body,prep work, but if the other guy is doing the body work make him sand it down and prep it, then take it to them, it should be good. and like the other guy said, either take off of tape the parts you dont want painted, they will paint everything, and let them know what NOT to paint

Elbow
03-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Just do ALL the prep work yourself and it will be good for a couple of years

khaxnguyen
03-01-2008, 10:58 AM
mines is done there.. =| get alot of touch up paint for rock chips lol. well only paid about 600 kuz they hadda do a bit of work on my car too. make sure u get/qualify a warranty from them or else they'll just do a ****ty job.

odie22
03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
rember u get what u pay for.

Bruce Leroy
03-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Personally I wouldnt use them. If you want quality job you are gonna have to do all the prep yourself. Any if you prep yourself you may as well get a gun and compressor and paint it yourself.

Revmaynard
03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
My uncle had his 2000 Mustang painted there and aside from the trunk deck where it looked like they didn't prep well enough it was fine for what he paid.

HateCity24
03-01-2008, 03:00 PM
you get what you pay for. It will look alright but will chip in areas.
~Z

JASONBALL
03-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I just got my painte at peach. which is along the same lines at maco. you don't get a perfect or near perfect paint job. but your also not paying 3-4000 for paint either. your paying 600-1000 for paint. Plus most of us. usually repaint each year anyway. so image 3000 a year for paint. good god. that is more than my yearly car payment.

another good thing. they have a 2-4 year warranty. anything messes up you take it back and get it fixed. custom shops usually charge for touch ups to rock chips and wha tnot.

HatchHero
03-01-2008, 04:11 PM
they did a awesome job on my car!! the only one i would ever go to is the one in snellville!!!! talk to richard!!! tell him Omar sent you!!!

HatchHero
03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
im tellin you!! this is the only maaco to go to!!! these cats care for some reason!!

HatchHero
03-01-2008, 04:45 PM
i got his number if you want it!!!

ARFNSX
03-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Talk to Bucky at Superstar Customs. He painted my bike is the photo below to match my car and he is now custom painting it again.

He is all over IA. Hit him up!

batlude
03-02-2008, 03:56 PM
everyone talks down on Maaco... so I never went there... there always sprayglow.. ha

Blitanicle99
03-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Well 300 bucks gets you whats called a "12 Foot Paint Job" Which means from about 12 feet or more away it looks awesome. When you get close youll prob see some mishaps. My buddy got his 69 GTO painted there and honestly it looks damn good considering we restored it from a rust bucket.

WannabeSpecV
03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
The Macco on alpharetta highway does a pretty decent job. My parents got some work done there and you cant see any chipping yet

DamnDisLaOsBoY
03-05-2008, 05:20 PM
me, my brother, and cousins have had real nice paint for the price at maaco. but it requires you prepping yourself!

HatchHero
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
try the one in snellville also! ask for richard

collins
03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
my buddy Scott at the dent wizard in chamblee does awesome work. he's gonna be doing some work on my car soon, plus he's done a complete total custom paint job on his gto and it looks really good! plus i've seen some of the other work he's done and its really top notch. if you want, pm me and i'll shoot you his number. oh yeah, and he's EXTREMELY fair on prices too.

gtikid
03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
me, my brother, and cousins have had real nice paint for the price at maaco. but it requires you prepping yourself!

If your talking about Tommy's red coupe, then DAYYUM!!! :goodjob: They did a badass job.

I had one of my cars painted there and so did my brother and they did an awesome job. It's all about which one you take it too. All of us took ours to the one off of Hwy. 120, right next to Phoenix High School. They did some good work :goodjob:

SVT03Cobra
03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Brian, have you thought about talking to Josh Shook? He's running the Shooks Body Shop in Murphy now and their paint jobs look incredible. Good Price too.

What's up Zach? This is Justin. Actually me and Josh are co-owners of the shop in Murphy. We would be more than glad to give you a quote on painting your car. We have a guy that paints for us there and he's top notch when it comes to detail and that's important especially in a black car. And if I read it right it said you were looking for metallic black. If you can't find a shade you like, I can custom tint it to your liking. Just look at Josh's camaro wheels, they're actually metallic black, not just black. He just wanted enough to have a little sparkle in them, so I just made my own color. lol

03RCode
03-06-2008, 11:04 PM
What's up Zach? This is Justin. Actually me and Josh are co-owners of the shop in Murphy. We would be more than glad to give you a quote on painting your car. We have a guy that paints for us there and he's top notch when it comes to detail and that's important especially in a black car. And if I read it right it said you were looking for metallic black. If you can't find a shade you like, I can custom tint it to your liking. Just look at Josh's camaro wheels, they're actually metallic black, not just black. He just wanted enough to have a little sparkle in them, so I just made my own color. lol

How are ya man? Didnt even know you were a member here. Who ended up with the termy?

gforce23
03-06-2008, 11:43 PM
they did a awesome job on my car!! the only one i would ever go to is the one in snellville!!!! talk to richard!!! tell him Omar sent you!!!
Going over to that place in the morning to get a full body paint on a car I just picked up .. they better be good :D

SVT03Cobra
03-07-2008, 05:25 PM
How are ya man? Didnt even know you were a member here. Who ended up with the termy?

I'm doing good. Yeah I've been a member for a while but I've never posted on here. I sold it on svtperformance.com to a guy in Virginia. It was sad to see it go but I never have the time to drive it. I'm pretty much in the tacoma 90% of the time. Getting ready to finish up my 68 camaro.

BlueHatch
03-07-2008, 06:26 PM
i actually had a nice paint job from maaco did have a little overspray on the muffler but other that that it looked nice.

cactusEG
03-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Just wondering how good they did, if anyone has ever had anything good or bad come from there please let me know* I'm getting the body work done local, but the dude is only good at just that *body work* LOL
But anyway let me know

You get what u pay for. One of my old buddies took his to the maaco in gainesville and they did an 4 out of 10 job. They left a lot of little trash on the paint and missed some spots and painted on the muffler...

AnthonyF
03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
remember this ONE thing...

price = quality

SVT03Cobra
03-08-2008, 02:19 PM
But anyway let me know

If you don't mind me asking who is doing the bodywork for you?

integar94
03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I no 3 people who took there car to macco and they seem to be satisfy for the price they pay.