PDA

View Full Version : Misc Screwed by Microsoft

Jecht
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
http://hawtymcbloggy.com/2008/02/28/another-gamer-screwed-by-microsoft/

Wow. I can't believe that they would do something like that. This guy sent in his 360 to be repaired and tried to make sure that he would get the same system back since he has signatures of some famous people in the gaming industry on the case. Well, they apparently sent the same one back, but they had taken the effort to CLEAN IT COMPLETELY and remove all the permanent ink.

:(
I'm becoming less and less of a fan of Microsoft. If it weren't for Halo, I probably wouldn't care about having a 360.

ATK_Designs
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
well, from another stand point, you have to look at the bigger picture. MS RMA processing center and actual repair utility center may not be connect with each other. The RMA process guy may received the letter, however, you can't control every part of the RMA chain. The words may only be passed down far enough. It's the last person that complete the assembly for Quality Assurance will just follow MS Basic Guide - Produce the best OEM matching Product as possible.

So it's not like a small RMA center where there's only 2-3 workers. You're talking about a big Manufacturing environment. Even if the unit was TAGGED with the special instruction, it can be easily disregarded, or lost during the RMA phases.

You can't really blame MS for this one. You can't really control that detail instruction in a big MFG environment. All things have to meet specific guideline and they followed it. Special instructions that required them to perform against their process aren't guaranteed to be followed.

osiriskidd
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
well, from another stand point, you have to look at the bigger picture. MS RMA processing center and actual repair utility center may not be connect with each other. The RMA process guy may received the letter, however, you can't control every part of the RMA chain. The words may only be passed down far enough. It's the last person that complete the assembly for Quality Assurance will just follow MS Basic Guide - Produce the best OEM matching Product as possible.

So it's not like a small RMA center where there's only 2-3 workers. You're talking about a big Manufacturing environment. Even if the unit was TAGGED with the special instruction, it can be easily disregarded, or lost during the RMA phases.

You can't really blame MS for this one. You can't really control that detail instruction in a big MFG environment. All things have to meet specific guideline and they followed it. Special instructions that required them to perform against their process aren't guaranteed to be followed.

truth. they'll probably do their best, but they cannot guarantee a 100% that they can.

actually, now having actually read it and seen how many signatures were actually on it, i'm a little disgruntled at this. idk who's to blame though. i think em employee snatched up his case and replaced it.

ChnkyLao
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
foreal if they pernament marker has been their long there be some stains on the white casing i think they stole it

Nemesis
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
I sold my XBOX for a PS3 last week, havent looked back since.

BanginJimmy
02-29-2008, 10:06 PM
I would never spend $300+ just for a gaming system. I bought my first PS2 used cause I wouldnt pay the ~200 for it.

Magnus213
03-01-2008, 02:20 AM
foreal if they pernament marker has been their long there be some stains on the white casing i think they stole it
I read about this earlier today, it said that the case serial codes matched his original and that there was a faint purplish tint to the case, just like what you get left over when you clean permanent marker. That stuff isn't easy to remove, and the fact that there is residue shows that they scrubbed HARD to get it clean.

If you looked at a case that had signatures and art on it, why would you go out of your way to clean it? It's like (hypothetically) sending in an autographed guitar for service, and while they're at it they destroy your signatures.

Stupid.

Got Milk?
03-01-2008, 09:29 AM
"It seems to me that permanent marker does not just rub off that easily, no matter how much work you put into it. I think that some jackass Microsoft repair monkey put a little bit of black ink on a new case, just to make it appear that the old signatures were rubbed off. I would bet money that whoever did that took the signed case and has it at home. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see that case on eBay, knowing the intelligence level of the Microsoft repair center employees first-hand."

Got Milk?
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM
and in my own opinion

360>ps3

SPOOLIN
03-01-2008, 09:48 AM
should have put a label on the phyiscal unit that said, "dont clean dis *****"

JITB
03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
lol wow its ****ed up just not a big huge deal... i tell u a big deal....i bought 3 ps2's and all of them broke for no reason... that was a big deal.

JITB
03-01-2008, 11:33 AM
"Microsoft has responded to Nathaniel personally. They are looking into the issue and working to correct the situation."

and see microsoft is tryin to fix it..