PDA

View Full Version : If you won $1 million......

blackshine007
02-28-2008, 08:08 PM
what would you do with it?

I'd probably pay off my house and pay the taxes for it up to 20 years, then buy my mother a house in SC, possibly considering painting my car and putting the rest in a CD or possibly opening a couple of savings accounts and just live off the interest.

That's me, what about ya'll?

81911SC
02-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I would pay Julio to ban you for not searching. There is a thread about this **** every week.

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 08:12 PM
^^^ Lolol.

Ask me in about 10 years when I actually put this question to reality. Later, QD.

Nemesis
02-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Buy IA and ban Mr. Kidd

Frög
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
is this before or after tax?

either way, nothing.. 1 million really aint ****.. live off interest? no..

pay off house, yes..

I would invest in FL homes.. not right now, i would wait a little since the market is still going down.. I believe FL will be the first real estate market to go back up..

more importantly, with this economy, i would transfer it to a bank account overseas..

Slow Motion
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I would invest 800,000 and let simmer for 3 yrs. And handle my future business with 100,000 and take the other 100 and take care of (some) family and myself.

81911SC
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Buy IA and ban Mr. Kidd
You know he will ban you for that right. New rule.

Elbow
02-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I would buy a small house, with a nice garage, some cars, pay for racing, and enjoy myself for a year (and save save save and invest some)

Jecht
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Idk.
-Buy a small house in Fla.
-Build a nice Super Beetle
-Buy a decent DD
-Start a business of my own

chrisdavis
02-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Put it in savings and use the interest to supplement my income.

civic95
02-28-2008, 08:30 PM

I'd probably pay off my house and pay the taxes for it up to 20 years, then buy my mother a house in SC, possibly considering painting my car and putting the rest in a CD or possibly opening a couple of savings accounts and just live off the interest.

You do realize even if you put the whole million in a CD you'd only get about $35-40k a yr right now? CD rates are only around 3.5-4% and you'd have to pay taxes on that.

Deke
02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Two chicks at the same time. (first!)

Haha, I'd pay my parents back for everything they've put into my education, and then put most of it in savings. Nothing like a nice chunk of change to get started with. Of course I'd probably put about a few thousand into my car :)

blackshine007
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
is this before or after tax?

either way, nothing.. 1 million really aint ****.. live off interest? no..

pay off house, yes..

I would invest in FL homes.. not right now, i would wait a little since the market is still going down.. I believe FL will be the first real estate market to go back up..

more importantly, with this economy, i would transfer it to a bank account overseas..
My house has apprased for $125k and I only have around 70k left to pay. In reality, you could live off interest if you're not trying to blow it on everything. My current bills aren't huge so it's very possible. And living off at least $700K interest is very possible if done properly. Though more than likely it would probably be reinvested to double the amount.

koukis14
02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Buy a mobile home

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Ferrari-Enzo-Red-Black-F1-660HP-200MPH-Rare_W0QQitemZ350030017997QQihZ022QQcategoryZ6212Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would pretty much have to live in it.

Slow Motion
02-28-2008, 08:36 PM
^^^you couldn't afford the oil changes on that thing, not including the insurance and cost to maintain....lol

koukis14
02-28-2008, 08:39 PM
^^^you couldn't afford the oil changes on that thing, not including the insurance and cost to maintain....lol

If I keep my job I could......I would have to live on PB&J and Top Ramen though...................PRETTY SURE IT WOULD BE WORTH IT.

blackshine007
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
If I keep my job I could......I would have to live on PB&J and Top Ramen though...................PRETTY SURE IT WOULD BE WORTH IT.
An enzo automaticly comes with a woman. And endless passes into exclusive clubs. And more women. The PB&J thing don't sound all that bad.... :super:

Slow Motion
02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
^^^Both your statements might be true but I bet within the three years that I have invested my 800,000 that enzo would not be in the same condition as my bank account. And with that comes the women and exclusive clubs and better food.

matthewAPM
02-28-2008, 08:51 PM
start my own race team, race, buy a nice car, then save

koukis14
02-28-2008, 08:53 PM
^^^Both your statements might be true but I bet within the three years that I have invested my 800,000 that enzo would not be in the same condition as my bank account. And with that comes the women and exclusive clubs and better food.

Dude I was kidding. I would get out of debt, buy a G37 and invest the rest.

Slow Motion
02-28-2008, 08:53 PM
start my own race team, race, buy a nice car, then saveWhat kind of racing would your race team do?

Dude I was kidding. I would get out of debt, buy a G37 and invest the rest. Usually your first answer is what you would do...but ok.

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 08:54 PM
3-Legged sack races at local county fairs. Later, QD.

matthewAPM
02-28-2008, 08:55 PM
What kind of racing would your race team do?

Koni Challenge OR I would go in with someone else to make a Grand-Am GT team. I would also pay to drive a DP at the 24hrs

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 09:14 PM
1.Buy a 250k house.
2.Buy me a porche.
3.Put the rest in the bank.

koukis14
02-28-2008, 09:16 PM
3-Legged sack races at local county fairs. Later, QD.

Step one.....Collect Underpants

Step two...............................

Step Three.....PROFIT

mad3nch1na
02-28-2008, 09:25 PM
invest

blackshine007
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Koni Challenge OR I would go in with someone else to make a Grand-Am GT team. I would also pay to drive a DP at the 24hrs
What car would you consider? Which class?

jR1_kS14
02-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Invest it all and make me 12 million more dollars. loll

miro_gt
02-28-2008, 10:02 PM
lol, so many dumb people on here that would buy a house or a nice car, lol

I'd take a month off, even two, and then I'll get in touch with a financial firm. I'll make further decisions from there.

pali_meister
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
invest that **** and live off of the interest.

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 10:07 PM

And an even "dumber" person with nothing worthwhile to add. Why is anyone "dumb" for wanting to purchase a nice, new home and car? What's "dumb" about that? This is what I will do in a few years and I'm hardly "dumb." Later, QD.

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 10:08 PM

I'd take a month off, even two, and then I'll get in touch with a financial firm. I'll make further decisions from there.

ur the dumb one.

I rather pay off a house so that i dont have to worry about a rent. But than i have to agree with u saying "I'd take a month off, even two, and then I'll get in touch with a financial firm."

81911SC
02-28-2008, 10:14 PM
1.Buy a 250k house.
2.Buy me a porche.
3.Put the rest in the bank.
Does the house not come with the porche?

khaxnguyen
02-28-2008, 10:14 PM
most of you guys are selfish. haha i'd spread the wealth.. but i know for sure i have to have 500K under my name lol. from there, i'll be happy. i'll still be working, though.. ye feel me?

Vayda
02-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd want to buy a nice townhouse and then set up a reverse mortgage on it :D
And pay off my car and my fiance's car, as well as set aside enough to pay for our wedding. I think i'd pay off my roommate's car too, if he wanted us too, and clear us of credit card debt.

that alltogether would add up to around half. I'm talkin a really nice townhouse :D

Oh, i was assuming a million after taxes.

I think i'd offer to help my parents and my soon-to-be inlaws get out of debt as well. And my fiance wants a skyline, so i'd help out with that.

Whatever was left i would split evenly between a bank account, Child's Play, the Humane Society, and the American Heart Association. The bank account would go to paying for my kids' college.

How come none of you guys donated anything?

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Whatever was left i would split evenly between a bank account, Child's Play, the Humane Society, and the American Heart Association.

You'd buy that movie? Later, QD.

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM

No one donates to me. I work for what I have. Hail I even work for what I don't have. Later, QD.

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Does the house not come with the porche?

hahahahah

correction

Porsche

matthewAPM
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
What car would you consider? Which class?

Koni Challenge BMW M3 in GS (the only class there legal in). If I was going to run ST, i would pick a umm ummm, not sure. probly RX8 but a new trans every weekend is alot of $$$

blackshine007
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh, i was assuming a million after taxes.

I think i'd offer to help my parents and my soon-to-be inlaws get out of debt as well. And my fiance wants a skyline, so i'd help out with that.

Whatever was left i would split evenly between a bank account, Child's Play, the Humane Society, and the American Heart Association. The bank account would go to paying for my kids' college.

I think a house is probably good enough. Though I'd probably donate to a boys and girl's club if I were to donate. Maybe like $10K only because I used to go to one as a child.

miro_gt
02-28-2008, 10:28 PM
And an even "dumber" person with nothing worthwhile to add. Why is anyone "dumb" for wanting to purchase a nice, new home and car? What's "dumb" about that? This is what I will do in a few years and I'm hardly "dumb." Later, QD.

I'll just mension that whatever you do with the money, if you have a mortgage you could save (hell, even make) money because of the way you do your taxes.

my supervisor has a house that costs half mil. He has the money cash to pay it off right away, but he doesn't. By claiming that house mortgage on his taxes, he's got more tax exempt money on whatever he earns then what he pays for his interest for the house .... lol, or in other words he's making money because of that.

another guy that works for our company use to lease cars rather than buying those for the very same reason

but I guess some of you are just not old enough to realise how some things work in this country. Sorry that I called you dumb - I should probably say something else :)

Vayda
02-28-2008, 10:32 PM
It's a charity, QD.

www.childsplaycharity.org (http://www.childsplaycharity.org)

They give video games to children's hospitals. You donate via amazon.com wishlists that the hospitals set up. So you give without getting off your ass.

Oh, and did you notice WHO i gave to? Sick kids in hospitals and animals. Animals can't get up and earn money for themselves any more than a sick child could.

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 10:46 PM
but I guess some of you are just not old enough to realise how some things work in this country. Sorry that I called you dumb - I should probably say something else :)

I'm actually older than you are. By quite a bit. So your first assumption bit you right in your vagina.

Apology accepted. And what you should have called me was Father. Yes. It is I that quit paying your child support. I wanted a son and you came instead. You have no idea what you're talking about for one main reason.....you're judging everyone's situation when you know nothing about their situation. I didn't see anyone in here talking about 1/2 million dollar homes. Myself, if I didn't just get a house, I'd pick up a modest $125K house, PAY IT OFF and be straight. I know a bit more than you might think I do. Of course you were able to judge my knowledge based on a few posts on an Internet forum, weren't you? Later, QD.

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Sick kids in hospitals and animals. Animals can't get up and earn money for themselves any more than a sick child could.

The sick children have no parents? Later, QD.

Vayda
02-28-2008, 10:56 PM
They do have parents. But have you ever been in a kid's hospital? they cover the walls with clowns and teddy bears - which by the way are creepy - and all the poor kid wants to do is go home and play some ****ing mario kart. The parents don't buy them video games. All their money is sucked up by hospital bills or other expenses, and if they do bring the kid toys, it's educational **** or scrabble. I'm not donating to poor and homeless or people that could get up and work for themselves...but i'd help a kid that was stuck with leukemia or muscular dystrophy or whatever.

/soapbox

miro_gt
02-28-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm actually older than you are. By quite a bit. So your first assumption bit you right in your vagina.

Apology accepted. And what you should have called me was Father. Yes. It is I that quit paying your child support. I wanted a son and you came instead. You have no idea what you're talking about for one main reason.....you're judging everyone's situation when you know nothing about their situation. I didn't see anyone in here talking about 1/2 million dollar homes. Myself, if I didn't just get a house, I'd pick up a modest $125K house, PAY IT OFF and be straight. I know a bit more than you might think I do. Of course you were able to judge my knowledge based on a few posts on an Internet forum, weren't you? Later, QD.

the moment you drop those 125K for a house, you'd already made a dumb mistake.

so you're for real 38-years-old or so ? ... and you talk (type) like this ? .. lol, okay :D But then let's not fight over each other, thought I did appologize

4dmin
02-28-2008, 11:02 PM
pay everything off, buy a house outside of the US for retirement, go on a nice vacation and invest the rest :goodjob:

quickdodge®
02-28-2008, 11:06 PM

Again with the poor response choice. How did you get to know so much about me and my dealings and life? Did you review every post I've ever made on here? Not really sure you're of the level where you can make an opinionated (definitely not factual) remark about decisions I've made or will make.

so you're for real 38-years-old or so ? ... and you talk (type) like this ? .. lol, okay :D But then let's not fight over each other, thought I did appologize

Fight? I'm not fighting? I'm simply stating that you're making uneducated posts about what I do with my money. Unless you're my Financial advisor or CPA (and I'm pretty sure you aren't), then I'll stick to my "dumb mistake."

Lolol @ Internet assumptions. Later, QD.

blackshine007
02-28-2008, 11:30 PM

I'd have to disagree with this statement. There's always gonna be someone out there who don't wanna enjoy the finer luxuries of life but enjoy every moment on this earth with their loved ones. To talk about $125K for a house is a dumb mistake is simply a foolish answer. I say to anyone who spends over $500K and don't have a family or multiple people staying with them is foolish. I chose to live in a $125K house but that don't mean that just because it don't appeal to you means that it won't appeal to anyone else. Since you're making silly statements saying what your boss' house look like and every body else you know of, what does yours look like?

ahmonrah
02-29-2008, 01:48 AM
$1million dollars:

1) pay off remaining balance on house(80k).
2) settle debts
3) invest $50-$100K into one particular company i'm already looking at.
4) place $200k into my personal account.(for current car, new DD /whatever dumbness may occur, with this newly recieved casheesh)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
that totals about: $400K taking care of immediate personal crap
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$600k remains.......i'll place that into an interest bearing account. and get with a financial planner/advisor to ensure i dont waste the rest.

©hris
02-29-2008, 07:58 AM
id buy one of these.... eh make it 2 of these :D

BKgen®
02-29-2008, 08:10 AM
1 word:

Koenigsegg.

Got Milk?
02-29-2008, 08:17 AM
id buy one of these.... eh make it 2 of these :D

Than what? Insurance would kill you. MPG would kill you. And than what? you would have to resell them. :eek:

©hris
02-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Than what? Insurance would kill you. MPG would kill you. And than what? you would have to resell them. :eek:

thats what the other 500,000 would be for :)

Got Milk?
02-29-2008, 08:43 AM
ohh. lol nice plan. :) i wonder how long it would take u to relize what a dumb decision u made.

©hris
02-29-2008, 08:53 AM
ohh. lol nice plan. :) i wonder how long it would take u to relize what a dumb decision u made.

realisticly i prob wouldnt go and buy two of those... id get one base F430 and invest the rest into Import Atlanta :crazy:

....... no not really

Got Milk?
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
realisticly i prob wouldnt go and buy two of those... id get one base F430 and invest the rest into Import Atlanta :crazy:

....... no not really

hahahhaha now thats funny.

Seymour222
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
I am going to change the amount to $100,000,000.00, because If I only had a million I wouldn't do this. I would search in the gulliest of area of metro Atlanta, or even possibly out of state, then, I would find an interesting homeless person $100,000 and follow them with a camcorder. I believe the footage would be priceless.

miro_gt
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I'd have to disagree with this statement. There's always gonna be someone out there who don't wanna enjoy the finer luxuries of life but enjoy every moment on this earth with their loved ones. To talk about $125K for a house is a dumb mistake is simply a foolish answer. I say to anyone who spends over $500K and don't have a family or multiple people staying with them is foolish. I chose to live in a $125K house but that don't mean that just because it don't appeal to you means that it won't appeal to anyone else. Since you're making silly statements saying what your boss' house look like and every body else you know of, what does yours look like?

my statement was from a financial point of view. Did you try to understand what I was saying in my other post ? If you want to drop those money for a house - that's fine. However, that's not the smartest thing to do with 125K cash, lol. Not to start talking about a whole mil cash :crazy: .

here's another example: the current mortgage rates are at about 5.5% or so. At the same time you could lend those money for well above 5.5%, lol. But then, you go ahead and pay for the house :thinking:

anyways, everybody is free to chose whatever he/she wants to do with their money, right :D

piece

Leadfoot_mf
03-01-2008, 03:13 PM
first thing i would do is pay to have sex with your mom. then with the other 999,999.00 i would buy i car with wings and run from the police.

speedminded
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
1.Buy a 250k house.
2.Buy me a porche.
3.Put the rest in the bank.Is this porche going to wrap around the house or just be on the front or rear?

81911SC
03-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Is this porche going to wrap around the house or just be on the front or rear?
I already asked him if the house came with a porche. :lmfao: :lmfao:

_Christian_
03-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I'd get a wmd and hold the world hostage for...100 BILLION DOLLARS

Julio
03-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I would put it away for the next few years with hopefully good interest somewhere... keep working for a bit...
Then invest in something whatever I earned in interest...

Would be nice to have a million bucks.. but in reality.. is not much...

UpSideDownDesi
03-01-2008, 07:16 PM

if you won $1 million...you would probably only get $400k or high $300K...

blackshine007
03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
if you won $1 million...you would probably only get $400k or high $300K...
If you won $1 million through the state, you would get back after all taxes $544k. I was basicly talking straight out $1 million. I wanted to see where everyone's minds were at.

3.5altman
03-01-2008, 07:45 PM
the question is... how will you be 10 years from now? will you be broke, will you have anything to show it, etc.

UpSideDownDesi
03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
If you won $1 million through the state, you would get back after all taxes $544k. I was basicly talking straight out $1 million. I wanted to see where everyone's minds were at.
if i won $1 mill full amount.......i'd quickly turn that into business assets and more than likely double the amount in 1 year.

Kyle
03-02-2008, 12:33 AM
I'd buy an E46 M3 or Porsche 993 Turbo and save the rest.

^^^ Lolol.

Ask me in about 10 years when I actually put this question to reality. Later, QD.
So you plan to win 1 million dollars in 10 years?

miro_gt
03-02-2008, 12:48 AM
if i won $1 mill full amount.......i'd quickly turn that into business assets and more than likely double the amount in 1 year.

what assets ?

Got Milk?
03-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Is this porche going to wrap around the house or just be on the front or rear?
lol, read my next post after someone already stated that.

quickdodge®
03-02-2008, 05:37 AM
I'd buy an E46 M3 or Porsche 993 Turbo and save the rest.

So you plan to win 1 million dollars in 10 years?

Lolol. No. Inherit. And actually, much more than that. Later, QD.

blackshine007
03-02-2008, 09:30 AM
^^Lucky bastard :2up:

quickdodge®
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
^^Lucky bastard :2up:

Can't really say that. Later, QD.