PDA

View Full Version : Gauge pods?

On_Her_Face
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
is it possible to put a guage pod on my a-pillar if there are airbags behind the a-pillar?

Note: this is not for the corvette ;)

DieselNuts
05-01-2008, 08:51 AM
I dont see why not, but I would def. remove or atleast disconnect the airbag first.

AnthonyF
05-01-2008, 08:52 AM
You'd have to remove the Airbag. If you did not, if you got in an accident you would have plastic and glass stabbing you in the face at what...100mph? If you dont remove the airbag....your an idiot.

-Ant.

On_Her_Face
05-01-2008, 05:29 PM
thanks guys :goodjob:

itsnotarex
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
I have the same issue in my car. I'm never putting an A-pillar gauge pod in it. I'd rather mount the gauges on the dash and retain the airbag. It's there for a reason and removing doesn't sound like fun. Good luck though. Is this for what I think it is? :)

Kyle
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
You'd have to remove the Airbag. If you did not, if you got in an accident you would have plastic and glass stabbing you in the face at what...100mph? If you dont remove the airbag....your an idiot.

-Ant.
That's not necessarily true.

It all depends on the car and where the air bag deploys. I can put a gauge on the lower part of the a-pillar and it wont inhibit the air bag, but if I put it in the middle yeah it will mess it up.

On_Her_Face
05-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I have the same issue in my car. I'm never putting an A-pillar gauge pod in it. I'd rather mount the gauges on the dash and retain the airbag. It's there for a reason and removing doesn't sound like fun. Good luck though. Is this for what I think it is? :)

I'm pretty sure you know, you going to be at the varsity tonight?