PDA

View Full Version : so pissed.. need laptop

Frög
02-28-2008, 03:54 PM
im callling care police..

went to the library at 12am and wrote my paper until 4am, once i was finnished, i went to the bathroom.. when i got back, my laptop was stolen.. :cussing:
Laptop has monetary value and can be replaced, but the data on it is priceless.. i didn't back it up yet either.. im so screwed..

anyway, what laptops do you guys recommend? had a VAIO, was ok, until my ex-gf dropped it, this one was a HP that i bought 5 months ago.. it was sh!tty..

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 03:55 PM
sucks to be u.

Killer
02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
geez..........

Btw, i gotta 5 mnth old hp laptop fs if anyone wants it!!!

Jecht
02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Its your fault for leaving the thing by itself.

Sammich
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
geez..........

pm me some info and pics

Magnus213
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I believe he was asking which laptop you recommend.

Killer
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I believe he was asking which laptop you recommend.

.............................. you sir are a genius......

Leadfoot_mf
02-28-2008, 04:42 PM
where at?
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search/sys?query=vaio&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max
which one is it?

Alan®
02-28-2008, 04:58 PM
how much do you have to spend? since your using it for school and its gonna get transported around a lot i recomend a think pad

On_Her_Face
02-28-2008, 05:28 PM
try out the new macbook air and lmk what you think lol

Frög
02-28-2008, 05:45 PM
geez..........

thats what i had.. WHERE DID YOU GET IT HUH? lol

Its your fault for leaving the thing by itself.

oh really?

the real genius in this thread is Jecht.. for sure..

Id be so pissed, especially after writing a paper. Get another vaio.

ya, nice, fragile and a little expensive.... arghh!!

I'm sure he could have never figured this out without your help.

lol

try out the new macbook air and lmk what you think lol

fits in an envelope!!! lol

how much do you have to spend? since your using it for school and its gonna get transported around a lot i recomend a think pad

chinese goverment.. ehh no thanks.. not trying to help the chinkies take over the world.. <- who knows what im talking about?

Alan®
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
thats what i had.. WHERE DID YOU GET IT HUH? lol

oh really?

the real genius in this thread is Jecht.. for sure..

ya, nice, fragile and a little expensive.... arghh!!

lol

fits in an envelope!!! lol

chinese goverment.. ehh no thanks.. not trying to help the chinkies take over the world.. <- who knows what im talking about?
I didn't know lenovo was Chinese? either way they are very reliable my dad has had the same one for 5 years also the hinges and screen casing are stainless steel. lenovo hasn't changed much from what I can tell of the way IBM made these. Just giving an opinon

Alan®
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
did a lil checking lenovo was based out of new york now its raleigh the only thing chinese is tech support

Frög
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
did a lil checking lenovo was based out of new york now its raleigh the only thing chinese is tech support

lenovo is chinese owned.. And owned by the chinese goverment, well largest shareholder that is.. all that profit, straight to the chinese government..

Frög
02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
no doubt though, they are awesome notebooks.. my friend has one and it is ridiculous; so many gadgets and options.. but looks like it was made in the 90's.. lol

im looking at them right now, i really dont care, but just said that to spark a cerebral conversation.. i was just talking about this w/ my boss 5 min ago..

Alan®
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
learn something new everyday

Alan®
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
no doubt though, they are awesome notebooks.. my friend has one and it is ridiculous; so many gadgets and options.. but looks like it was made in the 90's.. lol

im looking at them right now, i really dont care, but just said that to spark a cerebral conversation.. i was just talking about this w/ my boss 5 min ago..
oh yea they are awesome :goodjob: . I actually like the way they look. I got mine for $1100 bluetooth, wifi, 1 gig ram, 60 gig hard drive, dvd-cdrw :blah:

chrisdavis
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
oh yea they are awesome :goodjob: . I actually like the way they look. I got mine for $1100 bluetooth, wifi, 1 gig ram, 60 gig hard drive, dvd-cdrw :blah:

What did you get? I just got an R61i ThinkPad with a Centrino T5450, 3 gigs PC5300, 80gig HD, Windows XP Pro, and WiFi for $800.

drmcivicsi
02-28-2008, 09:18 PM
dell xps 1330

hit up charles ct9a gsr

Alan®
02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
What did you get? I just got an R61i ThinkPad with a Centrino T5450, 3 gigs PC5300, 80gig HD, Windows XP Pro, and WiFi for $800.
i forget but i got my r61 when it had first came out

Magnus213
02-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Thank you my good man. I was posting that in response to people who decided to inform him of how much it sucked and was his fault, instead of addressing the OP's question.

miro_gt
02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I got Lenovo T61 loaded. This thing is build so small and tough at the same time (mine is 14" standard screen) :)

can't get any better than IBM, lol. I should have known that when I bought my previous laptop (HP)

Vayda
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I've got a nearly 2 year old HP pavillion. Works great for what i need it for - playing WoW, doing schoolwork, browsing the intarweb. It was about 1500 bucks when i got it.

I guess my recommendation depends on what you need it for. If it's for toting around between class and writing notes on, i'd seriously consider an Acer. you don't need more power, they're a bit cheaper, and generally pretty small.

Otherwise, i found that brand doesn't matter so much as what's in the machine. If you wanna play games on it, make sure it has a real graphics card, for example.

But considering what you were using your old one for, and since it got stolen and you probably don't want to spend too much, i'd go with an Acer.

chrisdavis
02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
i forget but i got my r61 when it had first came out

Ahh. I got mine about a week ago. Im quite impressed with it.

Im Thinkin RBs
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
im callling care police..

went to the library at 12am and wrote my paper until 4am, once i was finnished, i went to the bathroom.. when i got back, my laptop was stolen.. :cussing:
Laptop has monetary value and can be replaced, but the data on it is priceless.. i didn't back it up yet either.. im so screwed..

anyway, what laptops do you guys recommend? had a VAIO, was ok, until my ex-gf dropped it, this one was a HP that i bought 5 months ago.. it was sh!tty..

Damn that sucks man . Story kinda reminds me of my roomate getting his laptop / ipod / cell phone stolen in JFK in NY fell asleep in the terminal with his bags under his feet some one came by and took em . You should get the HP special edition pavilion its pretty nice and runs smooth and fast friend has one it comes with vista its $950 though .