PDA

View Full Version : Verizon??? Best Phone??? Hook ups???

Killer
02-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I currently am using Verizon... i'm coming up on my "new ever two" and my actual contract ends in june or july....

anyways... i'd prefer to stay with them because most of my family and friends use it... so i never go over any minutes or anything...

They just don't have that great of phone selection though.....
heck i don't even think their plans are all that fair....

so i was wondering what most people out there like for phones for verizon???

i really dig the samsung sch-i760 it's pretty sick i think...

anyways, problem is.. the cheapest i can get that with my "new every two discount" is looking to be right around 250 normally the phone is like 450.........

that's pretty steep, but then again i really like the phone... BUT to get all of it's functionalities i have to purchase some sort of "data plan" which costs like 44 bucks a month... i'm already paying 60 a month.. i don't want a 100 dollar phone bill each month ya know???

things i want
qwerty key board, and regular # pad so that you can message either way...

music capabilities are a plus, but not a must...

don't need email, but would like to have internet access...

obviously text and pic messaging....

navigation for sure!!! (vz navigator rocks for real)

though i don't want a huge bulky phone... i kinda want something that doesn't feel like it's gonna break.. and actually has some weight to it...

oh and i don't want any of those buttons that you just can't feel at all.... like the razr....... i text without looking at my phone, if i can't feel the buttons who knows what i might say to someone....

anyways that pretty much somes it up...... and i know the samsung i mentioned has all that i want.....

anyone got any advice... or a hook up....

or reasons why i should switch to a diff company like att/bellsouth.... (that'd be the only other one i'd go to...)

Ed
02-28-2008, 03:44 PM
mine is awesome but it is kinda bulky but the upgrade for it is much slimmer but not slim enough like a razor. mine is the vx9800. i dont know the upgrade name for it... but mine has all of those you listed, awesome qwerty keyboard, keypad, pics, text, mp3 (gotta "hack" it, i know how)

Sammich
02-28-2008, 03:46 PM
verizon have the unlimited minutes plan now like suncom's unplan

Ed
02-28-2008, 03:48 PM
http://imago.phoneus.it/d/680-1/061120-LG-enV.jpg

lg env

:)

Killer
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
mine is awesome but it is kinda bulky but the upgrade for it is much slimmer but not slim enough like a razor. mine is the vx9800. i dont know the upgrade name for it... but mine has all of those you listed, awesome qwerty keyboard, keypad, pics, text, mp3 (gotta "hack" it, i know how)

i hate that phone.......... the "enV" i think is the upgrade....

i mean no offense ed.... lol...

i'm looking for more of a slider... like you slide the samsung and turn it sideways instead of pulling it apart... you get it?

and pbs... i don't need unlimited calling.. it's pointless for me...

Ed
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
i dont care its just a phone. lol

yeah the samsung is pretty cool too...

Killer
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
i mainly text message.........

anyone know if you don't have the plan that allows you on the internet can you still get on if your near a wireless connection???

Ed
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
call me when you get off son. later

Sammich
02-28-2008, 03:53 PM
and pbs... i don't need unlimited calling.. it's pointless for me...

i feel u...i mean i had the unplan before and i never use to talk on the phone much..i text like crazy now..but now that i'm off of it..and i talk on the phone using daytime minutes...i get scared i'm about to go over lol

81911SC
02-28-2008, 03:57 PM
**** your phone. Go G'zone 2 son.

Killer
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
**** your phone. Go G'zone 2 son.

that phone is pretty horrendous gene.... i'm not a construction worker.. i don't need a tough phone.. lol...

81911SC
02-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I will send you a picture of my shower head, while it's on. That will get you.

Killer
02-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I will send you a picture of my shower head, while it's on. That will get you.

lol!

SOHC MONSTER
02-28-2008, 05:23 PM
my girl has verizon. im about to switch over bc they have great service and she gets a %18 dicount on everything through her work :D . I like the BB pearl. have one now and love it

GuessWho
02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
New technology go with the Voyager ... I play around with it at work all the time and its cool as hel.l... or the venus??
The Gzone phones are cool as well... Plus they just got the black one for it ...

If you wanna do nothing but text Kyle, even tho you dont like it... The Envy is good for it....
I've heard the Razors Fucc up to much so i wouldnt go with those...

Good luck tho :goodjob:

Killer
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
New technology go with the Voyager ... I play around with it at work all the time and its cool as hel.l... or the venus??
The Gzone phones are cool as well... Plus they just got the black one for it ...

If you wanna do nothing but text Kyle, even tho you dont like it... The Envy is good for it....
I've heard the Razors Fucc up to much so i wouldnt go with those...

Good luck tho :goodjob:

do you work at verizon???

i kinda like the voyager.... but at the same time don't.. idk.. to mee it's like an EnV but with touch screen.... kinda too big for my liking.. technology is cool... but again... my biggest concern is paying a huge bill every month... there has to be a cheaper plan ya know???

i shouldn't have to pay 45 bucks a month on top of my 60 dollar payment... that's ridiculous..

CHANGE UR SIG!!! IT'S HOLY NOT HOLLY!! HOLLY IS A NAME!!!! (btw is this chad???)

Killer
02-29-2008, 10:14 AM
my girl has verizon. im about to switch over bc they have great service and she gets a %18 dicount on everything through her work :D . I like the BB pearl. have one now and love it

you wanna give me an 18% discount? lol

GuessWho
03-01-2008, 01:22 PM

i kinda like the voyager.... but at the same time don't.. idk.. to mee it's like an EnV but with touch screen.... kinda too big for my liking.. technology is cool... but again... my biggest concern is paying a huge bill every month... there has to be a cheaper plan ya know???

i shouldn't have to pay 45 bucks a month on top of my 60 dollar payment... that's ridiculous..

CHANGE UR SIG!!! IT'S HOLY NOT HOLLY!! HOLLY IS A NAME!!!! (btw is this chad???)

No...:ninja: ...
And Dumbwitkid did it for me... He's an illiterate SOB... he cant help it tho :no:

SOHC MONSTER
03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
you wanna give me an 18% discount? lol

Can't do it homie!!

imbosile
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
I love my Samsung SCH-U740

chrisdavis
03-01-2008, 07:50 PM

I have a voyager, my plan is 80 a month. It includes 450 min, free nights and weekends, unlimited text and pic messaging, vz navagator, vcast, unlimited web access and email. The only thing I do not have is mobile tv.