PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer brand

ruah_23
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
What do y'all prefer?!~
I'm thinking of getting 2 12's subs.

redgst97
08-09-2005, 08:56 PM
What is the purpose of teh 2 subs? Sound Quality, SPL, mostly SPL with a little music thrown in? What sort of vehicle? What sort of box are you thinking? Willing to give up ALL the trunk space? Some? Very little?

How much power will you be putting to these woofers? What Amp, or does that depend on the brand of woofers?

What is the budget for the whole project?

I know thats a LOT of questions, but they are things you should know the answer to before you buy anything. Depending on your answeres, some might suggest different woofers...

Personally, I would choose "Other brand" from the ones you have listed, but thats just me...

John

5thgcelica
08-09-2005, 09:01 PM
well ive got 2 audiobahn 12's and i love them..

but i had 2 rockford 10s and beat the shit out of them and they held just fine...i loved them.

ruah_23
08-09-2005, 11:19 PM
What is the purpose of teh 2 subs? Sound Quality, SPL, mostly SPL with a little music thrown in? What sort of vehicle? What sort of box are you thinking? Willing to give up ALL the trunk space? Some? Very little?

How much power will you be putting to these woofers? What Amp, or does that depend on the brand of woofers?

What is the budget for the whole project?

I know thats a LOT of questions, but they are things you should know the answer to before you buy anything. Depending on your answeres, some might suggest different woofers...

Personally, I would choose "Other brand" from the ones you have listed, but thats just me...

John

LOL sorry..I have no clue abt audio and stuff.

1.I just want a system to support my bass music.
2.What's SPL?
3.7 th gen accord coupe.
4.Not sure abt the box either.
5.trunk space?I don't care...
6.Gonna use rockford fosgate amp 1200 watts
7.Budget...Less than 300.

Spyder
08-09-2005, 11:21 PM
for less then 300 bucks, knowing you arent an audio geek, go with a couple JL W0's :)

08-09-2005, 11:31 PM
under 300... diamond audio D3's in a ported box... i belive off the top of my head they are around 150 each sub....

jt money
08-09-2005, 11:45 PM

2.What's SPL?
3.7 th gen accord coupe.

spl=sound pressure level

and i agree with spyder on the 12w0

ruah_23
08-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I was thinking of getting Alpine since I like the sound the best when I tried to listen to it at BB.Haven't try listening to Audiobahn though...Mybe I shld try it.:D

YokotaS13
08-10-2005, 09:47 AM
RF titanium series. can't get better IMO

B16a2 Civic
08-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Audiobahn....falme q

tony danza
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
alpine is incredibly overrated, especially the type r's. Also the only brands you have listed at the top are circuit city, bestbuy brands. Go to a place that specializes in audio and get something that is decent. Audiobahn's are INCREDIBLY overpriced for their performance, unless you're goin to be doin shows, i would avoid it at all costs. I personally love JL audio i run two 8 inch w7s and they are the shit, loud and tight bass

SOHC MONSTER
08-11-2005, 10:59 AM
powerbass has an excelent line upthis year and so does matrix audio. for you guys who remember ZAPCO and how bad ass that line was, the engineer from ZAPCO created his own line called......MATRIX audio.. if you want it dude ill hook you up for the low. either line i would recomend.

ruah_23
08-11-2005, 01:20 PM
powerbass has an excelent line upthis year and so does matrix audio. for you guys who remember ZAPCO and how bad ass that line was, the engineer from ZAPCO created his own line called......MATRIX audio.. if you want it dude ill hook you up for the low. either line i would recomend.

Can I come by one day and hear how it sounds?

SOHC MONSTER
08-11-2005, 01:34 PM
i dont run subs in my car, but thats what i used when i did. i was thinking of putting some 15's in my 05 accord though. to answer your question, sure or we can just meet up at the wholsale place one day and see what ya think. My pioneer flipout is still up for sale though :D

bigb996
08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
i have had the type s, type r, and rockfords, and even some mtx subs. They have always been 12s and out of them all the type R was the loudest and best sounding to me. They are rather expensive thouhg. I have rockfords now and if your just looking for a good sound that wont destroy your ear drums they are definatly worth the money.

JustinSane110™
08-11-2005, 04:40 PM

John
Same here, if you don't mind distortion and leads not even big enough to support the power then go ahead and get the Audiobahn. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many Audiobahn subs I've seen that get fried because the leads they use are almost no bigger around than floss and usually not long enough to handle much woofer excursion.

Alpine and Rockford are both ridiculously overrated, Rockford more than Alpine IMO.

Honestly I'd make the jump up to JL, it'll be more than worth it in the end. JL might be pretty costly but at least they deliver on and exceed their claims.

SuperBox
08-11-2005, 10:38 PM
diamond audio d3

burnsman12
08-17-2005, 07:01 PM
i will have to say i love my diamond audio sub also

hybrid90accord
08-23-2005, 01:26 PM
You might want to look into RE or Element design

brokecivic
08-29-2005, 01:32 PM

2.What's SPL?
3.7 th gen accord coupe.
my friend uhas an -
+older camero andsaturday he got 2 12"rockford stage 2s with a 1200 watt rockford amp nice ass amp subs werent costy but they hit great got pulled over the first night right after tyhe 4 hour break in period he said it was well worth the money

Pringle1232
10-05-2005, 07:21 PM
You might want to look into RE or Element design

1000000x's on www.elementaldesigns.com

Arby*s
10-06-2005, 12:06 AM
DB Drive is the way to go. The PL series is a sweet set up about 750 rms a peice. BEAT, but still have good sound quality, and cover a large frequency range. Box size is small compared to other brands with great results. If the money is tigh go with their sister company Quantum audio. My boss has 2 12" DB Drive subs and one of myt boys has the same set up Quantum. the DB drive takes it by 3db, which depending on you style of music and how trained your ear is, is not a audible difference

redgst97
10-07-2005, 11:49 AM
by 3db, which depending on you style of music and how trained your ear is, is not a audible difference

From what I know....a 3dB differnce would mean TWICE as loud. So, a "trained" ear would be one that actually works!! Everyone should be able to hear the difference in 3dB.

John

Allstar3.8T
10-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Yup redgst97 is dead on..3db+ is 2x actual prior volume... Weather its doubling power, speakers, or both, its hard to gain 3 db by swapping out subs unless the old ones SUCKED, or were blown/wired wrong, wrong enclosure...(Install error basicallly)

BanginJimmy
10-09-2005, 01:42 AM
what ohm load does the amp do what power at? I am guessing you amp is 600x1 at 2 ohms. If this is the case I would do a single RE SE 12. It will pretty close to 300 for the sub but well worth it. Much better SQ than any of the other subs listed, and louder than any single sub mentioned. Again, they are more expensive, but nyou get what you pay for.