PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Problem

vTeC
02-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Just wanted to stop by and ask for some help here before I start tearing stuff apart. The car is a 1995 Dodge Stratus with an auto transmission. The car will go into gear (first or reverse) and take off. The problem is when it tries to shift into 2nd gear. It seems like the clutch disengages when the car shifts out of first. The motor will rev but the car doesn't go. I can't even put it back into park, then to drive again. I have to actually restart the car and put it into gear again for it to go. I don't know much at all about electronic transmissions or Dodges in general, but is there anything that pops to mind for you guys?

NAIZBST
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
sounds like the clutch bands are fried

Schugg
02-27-2008, 07:45 PM
ive seen a problem like that in a automatic before when i worked at honda, but i cant remember what it was though. pretty sure it was internal on the tranny though. if not there is something by the tranny that you have to adjust so that when it in a position its lined up right at that position with the tranny, and we had to check that in all the 1,2,3,D,R,P spots. not sure what he was changing though, i was just changing the position when he was done doing whatever