PDA

View Full Version : 98-02 honda accord question

blacknightteg
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Ok, so a friend of mine had a question so i figured i would post it up on here to see if anyone had any imput. my friend is a traveling salesman and his car has about 200k+ on his car. Recently, over the past 2 maybe 3 months he has been having some problems with it. his car is apparently eating oil to the point where his check engine light comes on. basically to the point where there is no oil left in his car what so ever. he has a friend who works for honda for 10 plus years and he says he has never seen anything like this before. They originally thought that it might have somethign to do with the vtec sensor and what went bad so the replaced it. but, it continues to happen. can anyone tell me might be what is going on?

EmminoDaGreat
02-26-2008, 02:05 PM
rings, valve stem seals, anything could cause .....

wrekonize
02-26-2008, 02:06 PM
does it smoke, it might be burning it, or you might have a mean ass leak...

blacknightteg
02-26-2008, 02:34 PM
yeah, no, thats one of the first things that i asked him. he said that its not leaking or anything and that there isnt any build up of anything on the back bumper or anything like that. when this happens its always throwing a weird code in the ecu about the vtec going haywire or something so his friend has to reset it all the time. its like the sensor is using way to much oil or something when it is engaged. keep in mind this is a 4clyinder and not a v6