PDA

View Full Version : :ahem: My GF was on Jimmy Kimmel

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 12:18 PM
This performance was actually after the Ellen show, but I could've swore I whored the link already.

PS: WE GOT THE CALL FROM THE PEOPLE AT JAY LENO

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MQw4PevmCws

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 12:23 PM
sorry man lol

Reaper
02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
not my kinda music, but she's got a great voice!

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 12:27 PM

preesh

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
sorry man lol

not feeling it?

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 12:28 PM

thats what i meant to say

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 12:29 PM
what do you listen to?

Reaper
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
what do you listen to?

new rock/old rock
techno
Rap
R&B
Classical(hans zimmer)
Metal

little of everything...just doesn't catch my personal fancy...she's got a really pretty voice though and her style is very unique:goodjob:

HvyArms
Yeah, thats her style. The super drawl, thing. Man where did you get that sig, everytime I see it I just shake my head. Thats crazy lol

G35Cam
what do you listen to?

some rock and some rap, i think her fans probably consists more girls

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 12:36 PM
new rock/old rock
techno
Rap
R&B
Classical(hans zimmer)
Metal

little of everything...just doesn't catch my personal fancy...she's got a really pretty voice though and her style is very unique:goodjob:

ahh I sees

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
some rock and some rap, i think her fans probably consists more girls

Actually yeah, the crowds are usually split 60 to 70/30. The girls come out, and they bring their men, but once there the men usually end up loving the performance. Plus she's not some ugly chick, who just happens to sing, it's not hard for guys to stand there and look at her lol....wait :thinking:

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I agree with the masses on here. I've never liked her music, but it's great that she seems to be coming into some success. Later, QD.

Nissan Sean
02-26-2008, 12:52 PM
i repsect her and her drive to create music, but i really didnt like it. IT was very unique though, which is cool. it sounds kinda blues "ish", the "super drawl" or slurring of her words turned me off. but im probably not in the target audience. congrats on her getting pretty far with it though. i just didnt think it was entertaining. needs a little energy, Thats my opinions. gl

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much how it's been with her audience. Women seem to really dig her, but guys just don't get it. Most of the guys just think she's pretty

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Women seem to really dig her, but guys just don't get it.

For me, it's not that I "just don't get it." I just don't like it.

Most of the guys just think she's pretty

I honestly didn't pay attention to her looks. When I am listening to music, I concentrate on the music and not the looks. Later, QD.

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
By "guys", I didn't really mean you. You're like 90, and...yeah we aren't really expecting men your age to be able to see her. And your hearing peaks at age 13...mmm again, you're like 90 so...thanks?

IndianStig
02-26-2008, 01:14 PM
congrats to your women and goodluck in her future endeavors.

however, that is not my type of music

Bruce Leroy
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't know if that would have been my song choice for that audience, But i don't know all her music. My favorite song of hers that ive heard is "DO I".

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 01:22 PM
congrats to your women and goodluck in her future endeavors.

however, that is not my type of music

thank u

Dracc
02-26-2008, 01:23 PM
maybe i'll like it if lil wayne does the remix to dream

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't know if that would have been my song choice for that audience, But i don't know all her music. My favorite song of hers that ive heard is "DO I".

Oh really? Do I, is one of my favs too. She loves to perform dream, but she performs it slower than it is on the album. We're trying to get backup singers, because when she recorded the album, she sang her own back up, it's kind of a challenge.

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 01:25 PM
maybe i'll like it if lil wayne does the remix to dream

Nah, probably not gonna be working with any Homo Thugs anytime soon

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 02:05 PM
lil wayne isnt a homo thug, hes a lyrical powner

ISAtlanta300
02-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Like someone else said, she indeed needs to loosen up a bit.... she lacks 'charisma'.. just standing there singing, looking serious and not 'interacting' with the audience....not even looking at them, but looking into 'space'.....

i'm sure she will perfect that in time.. and i can imagine her being nervous and all....

Props and congrats for her making it so far and getting some airtime. that's a huge deal. I can see her making it big someday.

can't say I am a huge fan though, but for whatever it's worth, she can sing. Not sure if i am used to that style though, but that prob. wouldn't matter to those that dig it........

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 02:13 PM

Well, okay he's been in the entertainment biz since he was like 16, so maybe he isn't really a "thug". It's kinda hard to do both.

He's definitely a fag though, which wouldnt be so bad if he wasn't in the closet.

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Like someone else said, she indeed needs to loosen up a bit.... she lacks 'charisma'.. just standing there singing, looking serious and not 'interacting' with the audience....not even looking at them, but looking into 'space'.....

i'm sure she will perfect that in time.. and i can imagine her being nervous and all....

Props and congrats for her making it so far and getting some airtime. that's a huge deal. I can see her making it big someday.

can't say I am a huge fan though, but for whatever it's worth, she can sing. Not sure if i am used to that style though, but that prob. wouldn't matter to those that dig it........

Thanks for the input

Nissan Sean
02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
i dont think many guys are gonna like it period. really i probly need here some more of her music to better judge it myself.

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
i dont think many guys are gonna like it period. really i probly need here some more of her music to better judge it myself.

go to the link in my sig

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
i feel like i have heard this song before, is it on teh radios?

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Yeah it has been, but not much rotation at all

pali_meister
02-26-2008, 02:58 PM
damn dude marry her now. U gonna have u a sugga mama in a little while. Not my kinda music either, but she has a great voice.

HvyArms
02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
damn dude marry her now. U gonna have u a sugga mama in a little while. Not my kinda music either, but she has a great voice.

LoL, we're engaged

Killer
02-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Congrats, it seems like she's doing well. But every time I hear her it sounds like she slurs every word in the song... errrr...

agreed.........

but LOL!!!!!!!!!!! AT YOUR SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Nah, probably not gonna be working with any Homo Thugs anytime soon

I'm starting to like her better already. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2008, 05:09 PM

Lolol. Are you white? Serious question. Later, QD.

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Lolol. Are you white? Serious question. Later, QD.

yea, I don't care for lil wayne himself, i like some of his music though... i take it your one of those people that hates rap...

btw, what does it have to do with color?

are you emo? serious question.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/vox/media/emo.jpg

civic95
02-26-2008, 05:20 PM
She's pretty, and has a good voice. But most of her songs sound like a cat is dying to me. If she would change it up a little I think she will do even better than she is now. Not hating, just honest criticism.

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2008, 05:23 PM
yea, I don't care for lil wayne himself, i like some of his music though... i take it your one of those people that hates rap...

Shiit no. I love rap. Real hip hop/rap. Before 1992-93. Lil Wayne is NOT a rapper. Well, a good one at least. I've been listening to rap since 1980. I know my shiit. Lolol. Seriously.

btw, what does it have to do with color?

I have only heard white people refer to Lil Wayne as a good lyricist. White folks love him for some reason. I'm white myself, too, so don't think I'm trying that racist crap.

What does the emo pic have to do with this?

Anyways, if you want to discuss this further, make a thread in the ENTERTAINMENT section. We shouldn't crowd Hvyarms thread with off topic. Oh, and no disrespect to you with my words, man. Later, QD.

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Shiit no. I love rap. Real hip hop/rap. Before 1992-93. Lil Wayne is NOT a rapper. Well, a good one at least. I've been listening to rap since 1980. I know my shiit. Lolol. Seriously.

I have only heard white people refer to Lil Wayne as a good lyricist. White folks love him for some reason. I'm white myself, too, so don't think I'm trying that racist crap.

What does the emo pic have to do with this?

Anyways, if you want to discuss this further, make a thread in the ENTERTAINMENT section. We shouldn't crowd Hvyarms thread with off topic. Oh, and no disrespect to you with my words, man. Later, QD.

the emo thing was a joke, but to be honest I think a lyrical king is Eminem.

Tracy
02-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Hell yea! That's awesome! Grammy nominated is pretty cool, too. I wish her the best of luck. I hope we don't see you in OK magazine any time soon :D

_Christian_
02-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't like the music, but congrats to you and her!!!

On_Her_Face
02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
btw qd and staggered6 it was nice to meet yall the other week

quickdodgeŽ
02-26-2008, 05:49 PM
^^^ You too, Billy.

but to be honest I think a lyrical king is Eminem.

I refuse to be lured back into this. Damn, man. Lolol. Later, QD.

_Christian_
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
btw qd and staggered6 it was nice to meet yall the other week
Nice meeting you too. Nice meeting you as well QD.

ahmonrah
02-26-2008, 07:26 PM
This performance was actually after the Ellen show, but I could've swore I whored the link already.

PS: WE GOT THE CALL FROM THE PEOPLE AT JAY LENO

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MQw4PevmCws
i've been curious to see how things were progressing since you first talked about her music last year.........seems with everything coming to fruition, you, as her partner, feel like i did when my girl "THE HONORABLE MS JOHNSON" after becoming councilwoman of stone mountain.

i'm now called "secret service", due to my job/her postition.

congrats!

HvyArms
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
She's pretty, and has a good voice. But most of her songs sound like a cat is dying to me. If she would change it up a little I think she will do even better than she is now. Not hating, just honest criticism.

Wow lol, dude how do you know what dying cats sound like?

HvyArms
02-27-2008, 04:23 PM
. Oh, and no disrespect to you with my words, man. Later, QD.

No disrespect QD. But I do disagree with you on one minor point, I think Wayne IS a rapper. That's exactly what he is, right up there with Soulja Boy, Ying Yan twins, Lil Jon, and all those other rappers. What he isnt, is an Artist. True, he isnt hip hop, nowhere near it. He's trash

HvyArms
02-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Hell yea! That's awesome! Grammy nominated is pretty cool, too. I wish her the best of luck. I hope we don't see you in OK magazine any time soon :D

Thanks Trace

MistaCee
02-27-2008, 04:27 PM
She looks good. and has her own style in music which is kool.

MistaCee
02-27-2008, 04:30 PM

He is a homo thug

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/D3nzelda/gaygaygay.jpg

HvyArms
02-27-2008, 04:33 PM
She looks good. and has her own style in music which is kool.

thx

KPowerEP3
02-27-2008, 06:03 PM
kimmel>ellen all day. my girl heard one of the youtube vids and went crazy trying to find more of her songs. Like I said in the other thread, :goodjob: to her.

RutRoe
02-27-2008, 07:30 PM
That's awesome man... big congrats for her.

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 12:35 AM
kimmel>ellen all day. my girl heard one of the youtube vids and went crazy trying to find more of her songs. Like I said in the other thread, :goodjob: to her.

Ah man, thanks for introducing your girl to the music

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 12:36 AM
He is a homo thug

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mastakey05 again.

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 12:39 AM
not music that i would listen to. but she is gr8.

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 12:43 AM
not music that i would listen to. but she is gr8.

I hate it when people are critical of stuff, and cant find anything positive to say. I appreciate your comment, I feel that same way about lots of artist.

G35Cam
02-28-2008, 12:44 AM
He is a homo thug

i change my mind now lol

but thats basically his dad

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 12:48 AM
i change my mind now lol

but thats basically his dad

lol nah, thats basically a fag.

The reality is that, dude isnt his dad. isnt his brother. isnt his uncle, isnt his anything.

I dont know about you, but I dont kiss my dad/uncle/brother in law. I just don.t. Thats ******y

G35Cam
02-28-2008, 12:53 AM
lol nah, thats basically a fag.

The reality is that, dude isnt his dad. isnt his brother. isnt his uncle, isnt his anything.

I dont know about you, but I dont kiss my dad/uncle/brother in law. I just don.t. Thats ******y

i see what your saying, it is weird to see that picture

last time I kissed any of my family members was probably when I was 5, and i was never that kid who kissed their mom on the lips, i always thought that was weird...

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 12:54 AM
actually after listenging to sum of her songs i could listen to this music. heh. How much is the album.

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 01:02 AM
It varies, depending on where you buy it. Earwax has it for $12.00, thats right near the V

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 01:02 AM
actually after listenging to sum of her songs i could listen to this music. heh. How much is the album.

What song do you like?

DUBSf22c
02-28-2008, 02:01 AM
i love your girls reviews.. i think rollingstone got it the best

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 07:20 AM
the one that comes on when u visit her home page.

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 08:03 AM
i love your girls reviews.. i think rollingstone got it the best

Yup, one key point she made with the RollingStones interview, was that her style is all over the place but centered at the same time. Because no one just listens to one genre of music. Well, people do, but shes not for those people. She does NeoSoul, she does Rock, she does Blues, "Do I" has a raggae beat with vocals that sound like old school music. Most people have never heard of Nina Simone in their life, but shes highly sampled in hip hop, her songs are well known in cinema.

Thanks for the support

TeeJay
02-28-2008, 11:33 AM
sounds pretty good man, different for sure. but thats what we need these days, congrats to both of you

HvyArms
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks for the support TeeJay