PDA

View Full Version : GPC Dunwoody: EVO X

WhiteAccord
02-26-2008, 02:07 AM
So whos rocking the new EVO X on the campus? Cali plates.

DUBSf22c
02-26-2008, 02:24 AM
GPC HAS SOME RICH ****ING WETARDS there

Reaper
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
evo's are gay

Elbow
02-26-2008, 07:36 AM
It's mine

Ran
02-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Everybody loves the Evo-LOL-tion X!!

nightracer
02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
evo's are gay
Dude seriously. Nice avatar but I had it first. :goodjob:

On_Her_Face
02-26-2008, 09:31 AM
is it white? if so that's my cousin's car

Echonova
02-26-2008, 09:45 AM
That would be me. Although it's not an EvoX. It's a Lancer Ralliart edition like YSLBTT's.:(

WhiteAccord
02-26-2008, 10:36 AM
is it white? if so that's my cousin's car

Nah grayish....

On_Her_Face
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Nah grayish....

nope, not him lol

G35Cam
02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
have you seen the person rocking the silver diablo?

Reaper
02-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Dude seriously. Nice avatar but I had it first. :goodjob:

damn I didn't even see yours my bad...where'd you find it with blue flames?

TIGERJC
02-26-2008, 12:05 PM
have you seen the person rocking the silver diablo?
YEP :yes:

Crazy Asian
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
I have teh silver honda prelude with black rims thats look SSR SP1

IndianStig
02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
diabolo? we had a spyker on campus one day
GSU FTW

mad3nch1na
02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
diabolo? we had a spyker on campus one day
GSU FTW
hmmm thats believable
One day I was eating on broad street and a red F430 drove by
GSU FTW indeed

MongolPup
02-26-2008, 01:59 PM
That would be me. Although it's not an EvoX. It's a Lancer Ralliart edition like YSLBTT's.:(

Why do people keep mistaking the Lancer for the Evo? I'm sure the owners love it though. I remember like 5 months ago someone posted up saying "Just saw the next Evo driving around, it's ugly!" Bull****. There is almost no way that was the Evo X.

redpanda
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
wtf..i think the nicest ride we have at GGC is Ls2_kid's c6.

keevo54
02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
naw...the new evos have definately made it to the east coast and you can get them at the dealership. 5 months ago is bull**** though

ubers2k
02-26-2008, 10:34 PM
naw...the new evos have definately made it to the east coast and you can get them at the dealership. 5 months ago is bull**** though

except for not really. The car isn't even on their US site yet, nor can I go to a dealers website (every single one in GA) to locate one or get info on it.

The evo isn't here... yet.

Hell, if it was to be here this spring it would have already been seen last year at the AJC autoshow. All that was there was the Lancer.

chinitoxamor
02-26-2008, 10:35 PM
yo henry its mine :D

:lmfao: :gay:

keevo54
02-26-2008, 10:44 PM
except for not really. The car isn't even on their US site yet, nor can I go to a dealers website (every single one in GA) to locate one or get info on it.

The evo isn't here... yet.

Hell, if it was to be here this spring it would have already been seen last year at the AJC autoshow. All that was there was the Lancer.
:blah: Good call chief.

Go to evom you can get great prices on the cars from Cali. Ill take some good reps to make up for ur stupidity

I had a great time too. It was fun just to get out of the house. I took some pics, but I am still learning my new camera. The flash would not turn on for the life of me.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox001.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox009.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox008.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox007.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox006.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox005.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox003.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox002.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/em1toevo/evox004.jpg

ubers2k
02-27-2008, 06:30 AM
:blah: Good call chief.

Go to evom you can get great prices on the cars from Cali. Ill take some good reps to make up for ur stupidity

So you want reps because I looked at GEORGIA dealerships to see if it was HERE, IN GEORGIA and it wasn't? :lmfao:

And on another note, to the OP, NOT EVERY TUNER CAR THAT YOU SEE IS ON IA.

Mistakes you've made in this thread already:

A. Ask for reps.

B. Fail to read a post COMPLETELY before responding to it.

Yeah, I'll give you some reps. I hope you splurge all over the ****ing things.

ironchef
02-27-2008, 07:27 AM
So you want reps because I looked at GEORGIA dealerships to see if it was HERE, IN GEORGIA and it wasn't? :lmfao:

A. Ask for reps.

Yeah, I'll give you some reps. I hope you splurge all over the ****ing things.Guess you didn't look that well. Just went to the Ed Voyles Mitsubishi website, and right on the front it says the EVO X is here. And, they already have a Blue GSR for sale @ $39k.

Edit - Make that 5, 2 blues, 2 reds, and a silver.

Ed
02-27-2008, 07:35 AM
i was about to say i went to ed voyles two weeks ago and they said they'd have it within a week or two but someone already beat me to it.

1000cckiller
02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
okay the evo x is at ed voyles. I already went to look at it, and I was fixing to purchase it, but the inside is so fawking cheap. I like the new sti better so, most likely the sti is what I am going to but. Don't get me wrong I am a evo lover, but after seeing the inside it looks so economy. I would rather have my VIII back.

1000cckiller
02-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Guess you didn't look that well. Just went to the Ed Voyles Mitsubishi website, and right on the front it says the EVO X is here. And, they already have a Blue GSR for sale @ $39k.

Edit - Make that 5, 2 blues, 2 reds, and a silver.They have 2 reds, 2 blues, 1 silver, 1 white, and a grey the is already sold. Msrp is 35k and they are selling them for 39k. They were fixing to sell me mine for 37k, but I am really feeling the Sti better.

On_Her_Face
02-27-2008, 09:36 AM
main thing about the new evo i hate is no 4g63... that new b4111 or whatever its called will not be as good as a motor(i think) but i would love to be proven wrong

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-27-2008, 09:47 AM

A. Ask for reps.

Yeah, I'll give you some reps. I hope you splurge all over the ****ing things.Hey retard, he took the pictures of the new EVO at Ed Voyles, lol.

WhiteAccord
02-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Why do people keep mistaking the Lancer for the Evo? I'm sure the owners love it though. I remember like 5 months ago someone posted up saying "Just saw the next Evo driving around, it's ugly!" Bull****. There is almost no way that was the Evo X.

Uhhh your a Weturd......

There is a Lancer driving around, and there is also the X driving around. :screwy: Get your facts str8n Ill take pics of it today.

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 11:14 AM
I took those crappy pics. The Evo X really is at Ed Voyles. I am still learning my new camera. Btw, the X is sexy as hell in person. I agree the interior is rather cheap though.

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I have read many reviews about the new X, and most owners say the same thing. The car handles better than anything they have ever driven. However, Mitsu has the powerband so smooth that you don't really feel boost kick in. The car has a lot of potential powerwise, but stock it has no balls for an Evo.

Ed
02-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Brett check your reps

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Sorry Ed, I thought you saw the post about the meet. We felt like driving over to Ed Voyles to check them out.

On_Her_Face
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
I have read many reviews about the new X, and most owners say the same thing. The car handles better than anything they have ever driven. However, Mitsu has the powerband so smooth that you don't really feel boost kick in. The car has a lot of potential powerwise, but stock it has no balls for an Evo.

how do you think that the new block will hold up? i'm thinking it won't

1000cckiller
02-27-2008, 11:39 AM
how do you think that the new block will hold up? i'm thinking it won'tSo far it has been holding up, I am waiting for the first one to pop.

On_Her_Face
02-27-2008, 11:41 AM
So far it has been holding up, I am waiting for the first one to pop.

i want to see how safely they hold boost compared to the 4g63

1000cckiller
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
i want to see how safely they hold boost compared to the 4g63That is what I am waiting on to decide if I will buy another evo. The sti is more refined, and the evo is starting to look cheap.

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I have heard that AMS(one of the best Evo tuners) state that they have their power limitations. Basically, it won't be as good as the 4G63 iron block. I think only time will tell what the tuners are able to get out of it. After all, many aluminum blocks handle large amounts of power.

1000cckiller
02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I have heard that AMS(one of the best Evo tuners) state that they have their power limitations. Basically, it won't be as good as the 4G63 iron block. I think only time will tell what the tuners are able to get out of it. After all, many aluminum blocks handle large amounts of power.
yes but the power these cars have been making so far is crazy, with just exhaust and no tune.

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
That is what I am waiting on to decide if I will buy another evo. The sti is more refined, and the evo is starting to look cheap.

Honestly, Mitsu is really trying to do a lot more to the car and keep the price nominally more than the VIII/IX. The technology that went into the S-AWC is world class. They even say that the X brakes better than previous generations. The new Recaro seats are supposed to be some of the best seats ever put in a production car(I'm quoting Andrew at Dyno4mance).

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I found this on another site and thought it had some interesting info about the X...

Lights that look around corners, energy saving glass, no reverse gear and micro spoilers in the wheel arches – just a few of the top ten lesser-known details that make the Lancer Evolution X the most technologically advanced Evo in history.
It is well known that the all-new Lancer Evolution X is a supercar slayer packed with cutting-edge technology and enough acronyms to match, such as Super – Active Yaw Control (S-AYC), Active Centre Differential (ACD), and the phenomenal Twin Clutch Sports Shift Transmission (SST).

But every detail of this car has been designed with a purpose, and here are ten facts about the Lancer Evolution X that prove the designers have thought of everything to make this the best Evolution yet:

No Reverse Gear –To save weight, the 5-speed manual transmission has no dedicated reverse gear. Instead, it uses an arrangement in which first and third gears engage with an idler gear on a separate shaft to reverse the direction of rotation.

Spoilers In The Wheel Arch - The wheel houses have a miniscule spoiler lip around the curve of the wheel to prevent the wind from swirling in the wheel housing thus improving the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

Energy Saving Glass - Solar control glass uses an infrared absorbing material in its intermediate layer to reduce transmission of solar heat by 66-100%. The glass also cuts out transmission of ultra-violet light but transmits all visible light to keep the interior airy and light.

Stainless Steel Manifold - The exhaust system uses a stainless steel manifold, which is smoother than other alternatives to maximise airflow. An Inconel turbocharger is located downstream and optimisation of the compressor wheel has improved response by 18% over the Lancer Evolution IX.

Your Car, The Way You Want It - Mitsubishi’s ETACs (Electronic Total Automobile Control) system allows you to personalise the set up of your car, just the way you want it. You can decide how long the interior light stays on after door closure, if at all. You decide when the wing mirrors fold in and out – at the tough of a button, or automatically when the door is closed and ignition switched on or off. You choose.

Acoustic Engineering – The latest in lightweight acoustic and vibration dampening materials, including foam filling for the pillars, have been strategically placed throughout the body of the Lancer Evolution X. This ensures noise and vibration performance that befits a new generation high performance saloon, while minimising any weight increase.

Lights That Look Around Corners – The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) uses high intensity discharge (HID) headlights increase the driver’s field of vision to make night driving safer. The clever bit is that the car detects when the driver turns the steering wheel and automatically switches on an additional beam to light up the oncoming corner.

External Vents Improve Breathing – Two bonnet vents release engine heat, as with previous Evolutions, but a new feature is the central air intake to help the engine breath and increase power output. New vents have also been added behind the front wheel to let engine heat escape more efficiently.

F1 Floating Piston Technology - The all-new aluminium engine is not only 12KG lighter than the previous 2.0 straight four unit, but also uses full floating pistons made by Mahle, renowned for use in F1 cars. Made of a very hard and strong alloy the pistons are able to handle the higher power produced by this road-ready performance car.

1000cckiller
02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Honestly, Mitsu is really trying to do a lot more to the car and keep the price nominally more than the VIII/IX. The technology that went into the S-AWC is world class. They even say that the X brakes better than previous generations. The new Recaro seats are supposed to be some of the best seats ever put in a production car(I'm quoting Andrew at Dyno4mance).the seats are the only thing nice on the inside of the car. I would have rather took the mr seats in my evo and put them in the X. the car loks nice, but cheap

Ed
02-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Sorry Ed, I thought you saw the post about the meet. We felt like driving over to Ed Voyles to check them out.

no, its ok, i was moving that night anyway i couldnt have made it even if i wanted to, i was done at midnight and all i wanted to do was go to sleep. lol

batlude
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM
it might be mine... i have a car in every states... haha jk

keevo54
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM

A. Ask for reps.

Yeah, I'll give you some reps. I hope you splurge all over the ****ing things.
ur a ****ing idiot. You could go to the dealership and check it out....you might be able to pay it off in like 10 years if ur lucky:lmfao:

Mr_Mischif
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Do you have any more info on that "no reverse gear" thing? Like how someone would shift into reverse?

Ed
02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Do you have any more info on that "no reverse gear" thing? Like how someone would shift into reverse?

im sure you can go reverse somehow, the article says it uses the 1st and 3rd gear or something, but it just doesnt have the gear anymore. or you can get the sports automatic or whatever they call it with the paddles.

Mr_Mischif
02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
im sure you can go reverse somehow, the article says it uses the 1st and 3rd gear or something, but it just doesnt have the gear anymore. or you can get the sports automatic or whatever they call it with the paddles.
I understand that it has no specific reverse gaer anymore, but how would you access the new reverse? Like what whould the shift pattern look like:

1 R 3 5
| iiii| |
2 iiii4 6

Ed
02-27-2008, 01:28 PM
oh... right... i thought you didnt. my bad.

im not sure i dont have any specifics on it.

MongolPup
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Uhhh your a Weturd......

There is a Lancer driving around, and there is also the X driving around. :screwy: Get your facts str8n Ill take pics of it today.

I didn't say "WhiteAccord is stupid for mistaking a Lancer for an Evo." I was making a general comment about how Lancers are mistaken for their more powerful counterparts, since in the thread there seemed to be confusion about various Lancers/Evo's people thought they had seen.

Tank
02-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Im with Whatlag weve had these on the island for a good minute now and a buddie of mines purchased one and brought it to on of the supra gatherings. although the has alot of handling skills and perks, the interior is horrid IMO but i want to see the inside of the STI to see how there interior will compare.

EM1toEVO
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM

Here are the links for the full series of dealer training videos for the Evo X. It explains everything in detail.

Vid 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RoxR6eZbgg&feature=related
Vid 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX6Z3hSF7hQ&feature=related
Vid 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeMwC_Cu094&feature=related
Vid 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxYU7Ds4b4&feature=related
Vid 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE4RMxsWLSA&feature=related