PDA

View Full Version : vtec problem

E=MC˛
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
i havent driven my car in about a week maybe more. i just took it out and no vtec kick. nothing. i suck att electrical stuff and thats what im figuring. temp was up and oil press was good

Batlground
02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Check your oil make sure its between the 2 dots
Any check engine lights?

E=MC˛
02-25-2008, 04:47 PM
first thing that i checked. no lights

Schugg
02-25-2008, 05:16 PM
if it sat a week it could have got clogged/or build up in it, if the oil is to high you willnt hear anything, and if by any chance your rpm's doesnt work either will vtec

chinitoxamor
02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
all you need is vtec fluid :D

E=MC˛
02-25-2008, 05:26 PM
vtec fluid ha. good one. im not that new to this.

chinitoxamor
02-25-2008, 05:28 PM
darnnn.. lol.. hmmm well.. check your spark plug and oil again.. i had the same problem but i just gotta change my spark plugs. and try not to let it sit there for a week lol.. start it up everyday for 15 mins

E=MC˛
02-25-2008, 06:04 PM
yeah once i figure it out thats what im going to have to keep doing

-g/f brake light was out.. joking i told her he needed brake light fluid. she actually drove to autozone trying to find it. she did not think the end result was as funny as i did.

chinitoxamor
02-25-2008, 06:10 PM
yeah once i figure it out thats what im going to have to keep doing

-g/f brake light was out.. joking i told her he needed brake light fluid. she actually drove to autozone trying to find it. she did not think the end result was as funny as i did.

puahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahaha :lmfao:

mitch lab
02-26-2008, 09:26 PM
check your vtec solenoid make sure it's good ( can jump it if you hear a click, it's good) Check the ground, and check the oil switch. Like everyone said, check the oil. And is your speed sensor working (vss)? This also can cause it not to work. And if this is a swap make sure the pin is right at the ecu.

3.5altman
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
^^yea, i was about to say the same thing

TheJGB3
02-27-2008, 02:41 AM
Check the blinker fluid and muffler bearings...LOL

mitch lab
02-27-2008, 07:57 AM
haha I heard of that blinker fluid joke before.

Sammich
02-27-2008, 08:03 AM
check your vtec solenoid make sure it's good ( can jump it if you hear a click, it's good) Check the ground, and check the oil switch. Like everyone said, check the oil. And is your speed sensor working (vss)? This also can cause it not to work. And if this is a swap make sure the pin is right at the ecu.

x2 check the vtec solenoid if your oil is good

E=MC˛
02-27-2008, 04:40 PM
i use royal purple 10-30. oil was changed about a month ago. its not a swap. before i could go 5 in 1st and no matter how little i was on the gas it would pop at 4500. when i really lay on it now i think i can hear it kick but i dont know. my car is straight pipe and gutted so all i hear is alot of noise. where would i be looking for the vss?

Schugg
02-27-2008, 07:24 PM
VSS is on the back of the tranny, usually a 2 or 3 wire sensor. i doubt its your problem, if your RPM gauge is working your VSS is working

SandM
02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
umm... why would your VSS make your RPM guage work.... if your speedo is working, your VSS is good

ash7
02-27-2008, 07:47 PM
i use royal purple 10-30. oil was changed about a month ago. its not a swap. before i could go 5 in 1st and no matter how little i was on the gas it would pop at 4500. when i really lay on it now i think i can hear it kick but i dont know. my car is straight pipe and gutted so all i hear is alot of noise. where would i be looking for the vss?

if you're running pretty much a straight header (and providing you're not tone deaf by now), you will definitely hear vtec x-over. If you're not popping any codes, your VSS is most likely fine bro -

- if it would engage at 4500 no matter what, try crossing over the 4500 mark slowly (above 40mph) at low throttle position. That way the exhaust will be [relatively] quiet, and you will be able to hear the tone of the engine change slightly if it is indeed operating correctly.

If you don't have ANY of the symptoms that everyone has mentioned so far, i would be willing to bet everything is fine, and you're just not hearing it.

-jonathan

Schugg
02-27-2008, 07:49 PM
umm... why would your VSS make your RPM guage work.... if your speedo is working, your VSS is good

oh damn, my bad, been a while! forgot it was the speedo and not the rpms

what is it other than the gauge itself that will stop the rpm gauge from working?

1flysi
02-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Blinker fluid
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
Muffler bearing
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10

mitch lab
02-28-2008, 06:31 AM
try checking to see if the vtec solenoid gasket/screen is clog

kaotickaozpunk
02-28-2008, 07:33 AM
was your engine warmed up before you try to get into vtec..sorry if this has been mentioned..

Got Milk?
02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Make sure ur engine isnt cold.

Do a tune up, oil change.

Uptown401
02-28-2008, 08:26 AM
best i can say is, check oil level, make sure car is at normal temp, see if there's any engine code issues, or open up your vtec sol, and use brake cleaner to clear out both gaskets side and top, but mosts of the time, you wont really hear vtec on 1st gear, trying engaging vtec on 2nd gear, usually its better to tell on 2nd then 1st...since 1st, it revs kinda quick......but then im just thinking you prob just low on oil hahaha...!

kaotickaozpunk
02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
best i can say is, check oil level, make sure car is at normal temp, see if there's any engine code issues, or open up your vtec sol, and use brake cleaner to clear out both gaskets side and top, but mosts of the time, you wont really hear vtec on 1st gear, trying engaging vtec on 2nd gear, usually its better to tell on 2nd then 1st...since 1st, it revs kinda quick......but then im just thinking you prob just low on oil hahaha...!

who ever said you cant hear vtec on first gear..i guess its just me but i hear it all the time..dont want to offend but thats probably the most noob statement i have ever read on here..:thinking:

kainkauz
02-28-2008, 09:48 PM
did you fix it yet