PDA

View Full Version : distributor clicking noise and Engine Light on?

gsrteg
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I notice that my distributor makes click noise, and wondering if this is an issue? And my engine light keeps coming on everytime I reset ECU, showing that there is misfire on #1 and 2 piston???? I already changed new distributor cap, spark plugs, and just redid timing belt?? but now I can't figure anything else, need help people....

JDMef88
02-25-2008, 01:03 PM
make shure your plug wires are in the correct order, mine did that, but my injectors on 3, and 4 were not screwed in all the way and i had to tighten them...

gsrteg
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
thanks JDMeg88 for your input...hope youre right.

myyellowspec
02-26-2008, 12:39 AM
It is more than likely the bearings in your dizzy. Happened to both mine and my wifes Integra's. Had to get new ones each time.

ATLem1
02-28-2008, 10:16 AM
It is more than likely the bearings in your dizzy. Happened to both mine and my wifes Integra's. Had to get new ones each time.
^^^^ word, i agree with him.. same thing happened to my first gen b16. take the dizzy off and just spin the key/ shaft on it.. if you hear it then or if you feel resistance.. its more than likely the bearing.. and it could sieze so take care of that.

gsrteg
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
The noise seems like it's coming from the rotor hitting the cap. Yet again, that's what I think it is, but can someone give me a better diagram or explanation what the bearings look like or located on the dizzy...Thanks.

ATLem1
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
did you figure this out yet? just curious.

civicracer5000
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
well the distribuitor had some kind of sensors and if one of the sensors fail it will cause you to have misfire and the only way to fix that is by replacing the dist.

gsrteg
03-07-2008, 07:44 PM
did you figure this out yet? just curious.

Naw, didn't figure it out yet. Can you help in anyway?

gsrteg
03-07-2008, 07:51 PM
well the distribuitor had some kind of sensors and if one of the sensors fail it will cause you to have misfire and the only way to fix that is by replacing the dist.

By the way I already fixed the CEL (check engine light) for the misfire code, it was my spark plug wires (the connectors on the wire were bent and weren't touching the spark plugs...stupid me). But the clicking noise is still there on the dizzy??? Is that how supposed to sound like when I put a new dizzy cap, am i suppose to let it break in first?

ATLem1
03-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Naw, didn't figure it out yet. Can you help in anyway?
i already tried.. i honestly believe its the bearing. keep us posted