PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me whats going on?

Robby
02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Ok, I was in my girlfriends 2000 Eclispe going down the road and it started puttin. Then I went to go to a stop sign and it just died. It will not crank at all. It will turn over but not start. I checked the plugs and there was oil all over them. I changed the valve cover seal and the plug seals, I changed the plugs, wires, and coils. I cannot hear the fuel pump kick on. I thought if it was the pump it wouldn't even turn over. I am confused and broke. Will someone help?

IronEagle
02-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Is it a 4 banger or V6?

Hardline
03-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Since you said you changed coils, im assuming it is a 4 cylinder. Check to see if the timing belt jumped. If it did, hopefully it didnt go too badly.

Theycall_Metue
09-01-2008, 03:52 AM
mine was like that also :thinking: but mines a 6 cyl, i just cleaned it up and it stopped acting up

ATCLen
09-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi

Did you just fill up with fuel ! ! On the 4th of july I was going to a show with my car in Tenn. top off tank made it 5 miles then it died. Found the fuel filter and pump full of trash. Talked to the station said to add fuel cond. Had to replace pump, filters, pulled tank and clean. They didn't help one penny. I was running super. Station are not selling alot of super and they told me they were running tanks low so they could buy reg gas. Also make sure the pump is working. If it is fuel injection it will not start or no fire until there is fuel pressure. Check the fuses in the fuse box might have blown fuse. It could even be a fuel pump relay. Also check timming belt. Belt could have popped or some teeth could have got knock off by the crank. My friend had one that the teeth came off . He looked at it and said the belt was good. I went over and found the cam shaft was not turning . The teeth came off the belt by the crank and it was slipping . If it want turn over know you might have kill the battery trying to get it started. Good luck:goodjob: hoped this helped !!

Len