PDA

View Full Version : Post a Scam you've fallen victim too

Crowml
08-09-2005, 08:47 AM
So, 4th of July this young couple has great seats in front of the event I went to. They're nice as can be and offer me and my girl a seat, lend us a blanket and proceed to chat it up. So after the show, as most people would we invite them for a couple drinks. We sit and talk for a couple hours as if we've been freinds for ever and a day. I gladly pick up the tab and we exchange numbers as our respective girls really clicked.

A week later the guy calls. He gives me this schpeal: "So, I know you were intersted in what I do for a living. So I thought I'd share the opportunity with you. Lets say I drop a time and date, maybe 6:00pm Sat, I'll be in your area." So I ask what gives. "Well, glad you ask, I've got an opportunity for you where you could be in the six figures by the end of the year"....

I fumed. I could of killed this poor excuse of a human being. Here my girl and I go out to have a nice holiday and we get baited by some kneiving salesman. Hook, line and sinker. The great seats, the blanket, all was there on purpose to bait us in to becoming "friends" so that he could have an easier time selling his pyramid scheme. (it all eneded by me calling him out on it, insulting him and him thanking me for "not wasting his time".)

B16a2 Civic
08-09-2005, 08:58 AM
dang that sucks, well you didn't get in it so thats always good, so far though, i havent been involved or closelky involved in any of those things.

james
08-09-2005, 01:23 PM
sure! there is all these positions online for car sales, and if you apply, you automatically get called for an interview, which is a mass interview at northpoint mall at the hilton. so ok, go for that,and then they choose 12 or so out of the mass of people which is probably about80. so im one of the 12, i was all excited about selling cars....go for the training class which was in motherfucking college park, next to the airport, and its a 2 day shpeal, so thursday then friday traffic by the airport, but thats not even the shitty part. the thing is, that they charge you 35 bucks CASH ONLY for this class on "how to sell cars" when in reality it was just a good scam artist going over this "text book"....god it pissed me off, well ok so then they were like, im sending you to team ford, and i was like, i applied to sell nissans and only nissans, and he made up some bullshit like they dont work with any nissan dealers, so i asked if i could please sell something japanese, and he sent me over to sandy springs toyota. so i get over there and they had never heard of me before. so i wouldnt advise working or applying thru:

DealerSTAFF. they are just fucking scam artists, but they do that shite very week. so 35 cash only out of 60 people is like 2200 bucks, and weekly? theyre doing good. but that shit was just a pure waste of time!

MSTANGSALEEN
08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
One of my ex gfs dad went threw that crap.

ŁG2♣
08-14-2005, 05:37 AM
ooooo i knew alot of people who went through that....thats some BS

RandomGuy
08-19-2005, 02:32 AM
So, 4th of July this young couple has great seats in front of the event I went to. They're nice as can be and offer me and my girl a seat, lend us a blanket and proceed to chat it up. So after the show, as most people would we invite them for a couple drinks. We sit and talk for a couple hours as if we've been freinds for ever and a day. I gladly pick up the tab and we exchange numbers as our respective girls really clicked.

A week later the guy calls. He gives me this schpeal: "So, I know you were intersted in what I do for a living. So I thought I'd share the opportunity with you. Lets say I drop a time and date, maybe 6:00pm Sat, I'll be in your area." So I ask what gives. "Well, glad you ask, I've got an opportunity for you where you could be in the six figures by the end of the year"....

I fumed. I could of killed this poor excuse of a human being. Here my girl and I go out to have a nice holiday and we get baited by some kneiving salesman. Hook, line and sinker. The great seats, the blanket, all was there on purpose to bait us in to becoming "friends" so that he could have an easier time selling his pyramid scheme. (it all eneded by me calling him out on it, insulting him and him thanking me for "not wasting his time".)

Just wondering... was this dude an older skinny indian dude named "Navdeep Mann"... that bastard fuckin got me and a couple of my friends (coincidentially) and when i asked how he got my number hed be like "through a mutual friend" i ended up also calling him out somewhat... he met me at a starbucks and talked for about 30 minutes on gay bullshit like you are here and you want to be here and you have to do this to get here and blah blah blah... That bastard gets prank called on a daily basis now... will post up the number since my fone is not nearby i cant.. but i encourage you to prank call this bastard... or tell him that you're interested and make him drive to fuckin Athens or something and when he gets there be like "baahh you got punkd"

blare
08-20-2005, 11:15 PM
some guy came up to me at work and said he did something with talking to buisnesses and helping them move toward being online? Card was real basic not alot of info. Dudes name was Bruce and said something about HEI? Anyone heard of this?

SwiftGTiRacer
08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I was about to fall for the "Nigrian Car Scam" until guys from IA and Elli helped me realize it was a scam. Someone e-mailed me from out of country offering to buy my car and have it shipped to them. Turns out they send a counterfit cashiers check to you, ship the car. then about 3 weeks later the bank realizes the cashiers check was counterfit. I was so close to falling for it to.

Swifty

Negrodamus
08-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Three words HONDA-TECH-MARKETPLACE

ahmonrah
08-21-2005, 10:22 PM
you ever seen those guys that are on the street with the card table and 3 bottlecaps or whatever ?? well in high school i was wokring at a mall(name withheld for the sake of ghettoness) at the burlington coat factory and i had gotten off work early on a friday...had gotten paid the same day and was heading home.

seen a bunch of people standing around this dude. and since this was the first time i had ever seen this "game", aside from in movies in new york after a few minutes i decided to play, dude suckered me in pretty good. let me win a gang of money and then smashed my ass. when it was said and done i lost my entire check and thank god i had a bus pass. being a natural competitor i was driven on making surei had got my money back before leaving.....that's not how the game goes.... since then i'm wary of anyone(in the streets or business) that promises a mountain of gold for nothing.

RandomGuy
08-22-2005, 12:44 AM
you ever seen those guys that are on the street with the card table and 3 bottlecaps or whatever ?? well in high school i was wokring at a mall(name withheld for the sake of ghettoness) at the burlington coat factory and i had gotten off work early on a friday...had gotten paid the same day and was heading home.

seen a bunch of people standing around this dude. and since this was the first time i had ever seen this "game", aside from in movies in new york after a few minutes i decided to play, dude suckered me in pretty good. let me win a gang of money and then smashed my ass. when it was said and done i lost my entire check and thank god i had a bus pass. being a natural competitor i was driven on making surei had got my money back before leaving.....that's not how the game goes.... since then i'm wary of anyone(in the streets or business) that promises a mountain of gold for nothing.
lol you gonna elaborate how he took you?

Crowml
08-22-2005, 08:51 AM
i'm pretty broke, so i don't have to worry to much about getting scammed. the only thing i can recall is, these guys in a van pull up to me at a redlight and tell me they got to many speakers left over from an order and they wanna get rid of them for cheap. i'd say its happened to me at least 4 times and to most my freinds.

There are tons of this type of posts. Be aware that this happens daily! Look up DOGG DIGITAL on the internet. (there's a couple other names I can't recall) These bastards went as far as building an elaborate site. You can get these $1200 speakers on ebay for $400 or in the parking lot of a mall for less. The titanium cone turns out to be aluminum and depending how bad you get taken some of these cabinets aren't even loaded with drivers.

The take is rather complex. Some guy will pull over in a well-decaled van stating some truly unrealistic reason why he needs to unload a couple speakers (got lost and needs cash for gas, unacounted 2 of them, instructed by his boss to test "street sales") Seemingly desperate he'll give you a schpeal on the speakers quality and price. Then he'll start to haggle, asking how much your ATM will allow you to withdrawl (usually $200). And he'll gladly give you these $1200 speakers for whatever he can settle on.

One victime tore them appart to realize there were no magnets behind the speakers. He had asked about the light weight and was given the "authentic response" that the speakers had neodymium magnets (which weigh 1/3 of it's counterpart).

Negrodamus
08-22-2005, 11:11 PM
Well i work at an electronics store and sad to say i see the fake camcorder scam alot. Generally hispanics or lower income african americans fall for this one simillar to the one posted by crowml. This is where a guy sells camcorders off the street"Laundry mats,car washes and strip mall parking lots" with the fakest most bootleg piece of shit fake Sony, Canon and Minolta emblems ever. They useually pay upwards to 200.00 for a Kaladeoscope with a audio cassette tray. But the worst is telling thse people when they actually come to me looking for video tapes to make that POS work is..."sorry ma'am/sir but whoever sold you this tottaly fucked you over"

Xrated O.G.
08-23-2005, 07:55 AM
One of the biggest scams ever......... MARRIAGE... lol...

I had to post that for a co-worker who trolls around the boards..

EX-Svic
08-30-2005, 12:22 AM
^ lol

Me86Rob
06-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Just wondering... was this dude an older skinny indian dude named "Navdeep Mann"... that bastard ****in got me and a couple of my friends (coincidentially) and when i asked how he got my number hed be like "through a mutual friend" i ended up also calling him out somewhat... he met me at a starbucks and talked for about 30 minutes on gay bull**** like you are here and you want to be here and you have to do this to get here and blah blah blah... That bastard gets prank called on a daily basis now... will post up the number since my fone is not nearby i cant.. but i encourage you to prank call this bastard... or tell him that you're interested and make him drive to ****in Athens or something and when he gets there be like "baahh you got punkd"

ROFLMMFAO! dude...same thing happened to me. only, he was meeting a friend of mine....at STARBUCKS! haha in stn mtn. he was 30 minutes late, so i went up there to chill and keep his gf company, and somehow i got suckered into it. brought his wife and all...in a nissan maxima or some ****(apperntly his camel was in the shop) the only reason he stoped talking was because the starbucks closed. but he wanted us to go to some bull**** convention thing in Dunwoody. i was gonna go, but i didnt really feel like dressing up, and i needed to get a new exaust for my stang that day. so i didnt go. BUT, his number is
404 543 4063 and his name is Navdeep Mann. ****in camel jockyey

BABY J
06-23-2008, 08:47 AM
One time this prostitute asked me if I wanted some head... turns out, head feels GREAT, so I wanted more. But here is the kicker... to make it worse, she charged me a fee everytime she sucked me off. I mean d*mn, TOTALLY scammed me - beware.

DieselNuts
06-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I WAS A MEMBER OF THE PEN15 CLUB ONCE...

Sport1.3
06-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Xbox Live.

that sh!t is a scam. I went through almost 6 months of calls to their corporate office to cancel an account and get them to stop sending me bills for a service i didnt even have. They even tried to collect. I had to finally get everything in writing and threaten a lawsuit. they dropped all charges and FINALLY gave me a written notice of cancellation. FVCK YOU XBOX LIVE!!!

IndianStig
06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Whit Van Scheme......systems hoooked up in my living room right now but not as good as they said it would be. Oh well, it was on Home-Depot Gift Cards ($300)

BanginJimmy
06-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I've never been even close to being scammed. 95% of the scams that have even been posted on here are obvious ones. Especially the one about the overseas car sales. That one is so old that I thought they taught that in history classes.

redrumracer
06-23-2008, 06:38 PM

i got called into an interview for "advertising" which was really a door to door salesman and it was a pyramid scheme. did for a week for the hell of it then quit.

FrnkPwrs
06-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Being raised in Chicago, you see ish like this 7 days a week, so you kind of get past it. Nothing against people from GA, but the south is just too f*ckin nice. Thats why people get got here daily. I mean, this is the only place Ive been to in my life where when I drive in a neighborhood people wave at you. I go to the mall, sit on a bench and smoke a cigarette, the person next me wants to talk about the crazy weather, WTF?

I mean, nothing wrong with being nice, but it kind of makes people easy targets. So yea, retract that, something is wrong with being nice.

And even the "hood" people here in ATL are slow to BS scams. Go to magic city/Greyhound and see the people get got for "gold chains" that they think are worth $1500 and they paid $200 for. Sh*t is plastic.

I mean, even these pyramid schemes, you can see them a mile away. If you have to spend money on clothes other than a uniform or tools needed to do the actual job, youre getting ripped off.

I buy sh*t off of people all the time in the street. But you have to know what to buy. A dude comes at me with some concert tickets, F that, I can spot photoshop tickets with non preforated edges a mile away.

Spektrewing386
06-23-2008, 11:40 PM
i was selling something on craigslists when this guy tried to scam me, totally obvious, thing is, he was scamming about 5 other people at the same time and accidently left all their email addresses in the Recipient field. So I emailed all those people to warn them of this obvious scam, some old lady replied back to me saying she almost fell for it if it wasnt for me.

Funny thing is, I had the guy send his fake check to the cobb county police dept.

yogi08
06-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Nothing against people from GA, but the south is just too f*ckin nice.I mean, this is the only place Ive been to in my life where when I drive in a neighborhood people wave at you. I go to the mall, sit on a bench and smoke a cigarette, the person next me wants to talk about the crazy weather, WTF?

ya, well come to a southern town without a big city and we wave at everybody. you can be black, white, chinese, mexican. waving is just the thing to do. mainly "waving" is done with guys who drive trucks... but if you drive a miata, and another dude is driving a miata, they wave at eachother.

its just polite. friend of mine down here from london said he had a horrible day at work, then had some random person wave to him as they drove past each other and it made his day knowin someone took the time to wave to him.

TonyRSX
06-24-2008, 12:14 AM
i was selling something on craigslists when this guy tried to scam me, totally obvious, thing is, he was scamming about 5 other people at the same time and accidently left all their email addresses in the Recipient field. So I emailed all those people to warn them of this obvious scam, some old lady replied back to me saying she almost fell for it if it wasnt for me.

Funny thing is, I had the guy send his fake check to the cobb county police dept.

craigslist is full of scammers...ive had a set of rims for sale for a few weeks now...and every now and then i get an email from a scammer telling me that they will buy the item immediately and use a certified check and have someone pick up the item for them...

some red flags to look out for from craigslist scammers:
-saying that they are out of country and will have someone pick the item up for them
-will pay through certified check or some form other than cash or personal check
-say that they will send a check for an amount greater than your asking price
-say that they will pay whatever it costs for shipping

basically...just be very careful with Craigslist

blaknoize
06-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I got con'd into helpin "Africans" but all that did was try to fuk up my identity and almost landed me in jail for money laundering. But... I got them in jail instead.

FrnkPwrs
06-25-2008, 11:27 AM
don't get me wrong though, GA is probably the nicest and friendliest place I've lived, but the rest of the world I've been to isn't like that, and that's why it stands out and surprises me. Southern Hospitality LOL