PDA

View Full Version : abs problems

integra82786
02-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm having some issues. I have a 95 gsr that wont engage abs. the light is always on and if I hit the brakes too hard it always locks up. It started when I had to change my intermediate shaft and axles a long time ago. The parts I put in, I guess, were not abs compatable, and now that I have correct parts in it still wont engage. Reps to all that can offer any good advice. Thanks

tubby
02-22-2008, 11:23 PM
abs pump fuse???

DaRussian
02-22-2008, 11:39 PM
take off the wheels and clean the ABS sensors sometimes they get really dirty and stop working, i used to have an integra and abs light came on, cleaned all the sensors and it fixed the problem

jdmdb8itr
02-23-2008, 12:39 AM
just replace the abs sensors. since you didnt have the correct parts, that you said, it could mess up the sensors,or they got broke when you changed the axle. they are very sensitive but they are dirt cheap and easy to replace.

wrekonize
02-24-2008, 12:13 AM
most likely the sensors messed up

integra82786
02-26-2008, 03:18 PM
never thought of that.... im sure they are the original sensors, and those hubs have been taken apart a few times. thanks to all

Schugg
02-26-2008, 03:50 PM
i doubt they broke when he put the non abs axles in, the only dif between a abs and non-abs axle is the hub end on the abs has a ridged ring around it. if anything its dirty like the other guy said, dont just go replace your sensors cause your abs doesnt work. theres a number of things that could be wrong before you need to go replace something without knowing. and i believe their is a way to check your ABS light to get a code for whats wrong, ill look it up and let you know. may have just been the SRS

EmminoDaGreat
02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Test them and see if they are working correctly.

Schugg
02-26-2008, 03:53 PM
guess its the same as checking your check engine light

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=493

site says thats for 98-01, im sure the codes will be similiar, but if not you can look them up

also if the fluid in the pump is low it will come on

DaRussian
02-26-2008, 04:16 PM
if u need any abs parts i have all the abs parts for an integra

kainkauz
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
do you have brake fluid.... you should check it because when its low thats when the light comes on. it happened to me and i added brake fluid and it went away...

Pavlo
02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
When you were putting the axle in, even if it was the right axle a small indent from hitting another part will cause the ABS to throw a fault and not function. I had to redo an accord at my work (I think somebody dropped the axle) because of that, the ding in the ABS ring will cause the whole system to not function.

integra82786
02-29-2008, 11:38 AM
nope, never dropped or dinged. I'm usually extremely careful with everything I do to my car for those specific reasons. The first time I swapped my motor I spent about a week on it before I even cranked it because I was so scared I forgot something.