PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Question.

CRVTech
08-09-2005, 12:26 AM
I was just wondering something... How does your family feel about what you do? Are they supportive or not so much? (Speaking of the modifying of cars) Basically I just want to know if I'm the only one who's family doesn't quite get it. Everyday my mother tells me she doesn't understand why I'd put so much money into an eleven-year-old vehicle...and how if I ever got into a wreck I'd just lose all my money because it'd be totaled. Not that she understands when I tell her I'd salvage all that I could and start over again... :D

D16Civic
08-09-2005, 12:40 AM
my family understands and is pretty supportive of me.
only thing my family, well mainily my mom, isnt supported of is me getting more horsepower(specifically a turbo at the moment) cuz she knows i have a lead foot but other than that, its cool

its too bad tho, some people just cant understand it and there isnt really a way to explain it to them. Its just one of those things that u just got to love to understand

BlkCD5
08-23-2005, 11:07 PM
My parents see it as a waste of money cus of the accident issue, but other from that they don't constantly complain about it. Mainly they bought the car for me, but every single modification, it was my own money that bought the parts and i worked for it. When i did have the chance of going turbo, then thats when I got the talk from them. Keep in mind this was on my first car. I really miss the inline six 7M series motor(supra engine)

Spyder
08-23-2005, 11:32 PM
everyone in my family thinks im a moron, except my grandmother, she loves riding around with me.. she loves systems and fast cars lol...

A1EX
08-24-2005, 09:30 AM
my parents dont get and they think you should do that to your car

Bishop
08-24-2005, 11:55 AM
My Parents reall dont say anything. They are paying for half of my suspension (cause im broke and they are the best) I guess they are suportive.

B16a2 Civic
08-24-2005, 11:58 AM
well...my moms dont say shit about it, my sister loves it and my dad loves it too, he asks alot of questsions ( i think just to see if i know the answer)....my dad gave me his dodge stealth twin turbo so i guess you can say speed amd modyfying cars is in the blood, he said he used to hook up his car back in the "hot rod" years Lol

flysi00
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
my family goes with it my dad had a twin turbo supra that was hooked up and my dad helped me hook up my first car so i guess they think its alrite lol

kevr6
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Dam, this thread makes me feel old...my parents haven't been in the picture in years...

dtmcnamara
08-31-2005, 09:52 AM
My family dosent get it at all....they really HATE the fact that I have a motor in the garage along with carbon fiber hoods, fenders, axels, and other random parts. Also the fact that there is two part cars in the driveway, and me owning 3 running cars. I guess they will never understand that a parts car will always come in use, for starage storage, or incase you need that 1 bolt and dont feel like driving all the way to the parts store to get it and waste $3 in gas for a $0.78 bolt...o well they will have to deal with it

COGCaviZ24
08-31-2005, 01:27 PM
my wife just hates the hours upon hours I spend on my car. my dad is a V8 guy, but he is strating to understand it. my mom like it, except she hates me going to the drag strip. my little brother is too busy with his skateboard career to give a damn

Georgia_boy
09-01-2005, 12:03 AM
my mom: kinda understands

my dad: wants to buy a s2k, (mid-life crisis i guess lol)

my wife: well... lets just say we are seperated

my brothers: loves it to death

RISKYB
09-12-2005, 10:01 PM
mom hates it, dad loves it b/c he is an old hot rodder/biker, and brothers and girlfriend love it

glad i dont live at home