PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP...RADIO PROBLEM

MikeyB
02-22-2008, 06:44 PM
i have a 95 toyota corolla. i installed a cd player which worked fine until I taped the wires. Now the radio seems to power up very lightly but will not fully power up. any suggestions on what could be the problem.

Grnblur
02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
you probably blew the radio fuse inside the car. if so sometimes the clock willstill come on and it will eject cd's but wont come on check your fuses and your connections.

.::UNKNOWN::.
02-22-2008, 09:24 PM
yeah do your dash lights turn on.... might have blew the acc fuse and the constant is still hot

khaxnguyen
02-22-2008, 10:34 PM
^^ you sig big and annoying.. looking at the cocky mutherfuucker everytime u post is annoying. lol ANYWAYS if you extend the wires too much and with different gauges, that might be the problem or the wires arent completely touching..

MikeyB
02-23-2008, 11:04 AM
na my dash lights dont com on any more

Turbo04
02-23-2008, 11:24 AM
^^ you sig big and annoying.. looking at the cocky mutherfuucker everytime u post is annoying. lol ANYWAYS if you extend the wires too much and with different gauges, that might be the problem or the wires arent completely touching..

I agree with possiblity of a bad connection, but I doubt it's an issue of the wires being too long. Sounds too me either a fuse is blown, or crappy connection. Although make sure the illumination (dimmer) wire is not connected. I've never connected them ever cause a lot of time they cause weird things to happen that just are not worth the hassle of trouble shooting. Make sure the orange wire in the cd player harness is not connected at all. Oh and don't just tape, solder as well sir.

Turbo04
02-23-2008, 11:25 AM
na my dash lights dont com on any more

Check your connections at the radio make sure all are secure and properly coverd, check fuses for car after, replace and should be ok. This goes without saying as well, make sure your wires are wired correctly also.