PDA

View Full Version : What to do

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
It seems like I have been asking IA for more advice recently. Its sad but I think some of the people on this website seem to be on the right track, moreso than the people I would usually ask..

One of those people happens to be my room mate. 22, great guy. Stopped smoking pot for about 3 and a half months when I got out of jail so he could find a job. well about a month ago, he smoked for the first time and he has been smoking more and more heavily since. Its now gotten to the point where he smokes daily and seems to become grumpy if he hasnt smoked. Almost to the point now where it seems he's addicted to smoking...

Don't really know if or how to confront him. Cause there are definitely worse things he could be doing...

Ran
02-21-2008, 03:01 PM
It's just like when dieting man. If you quit, you get urges. If you give into the urges, you fall ever harder into the habit. Let him know what's up.

wantboost
02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
tell him to put the blunt down....

you as a friend need to tell him what you would do in his situation but in the end it is his decision.

thinkfast®
02-21-2008, 03:05 PM
YOU COULD ALSO STOP BEIN A PUNK B.ITCH

DOES HE EVEN KNOW YOU ARE ON A PUBLIC FORUM ASKING FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO CONTROL HIM, LET THE MAN SMOKE HIS GREEN, THERES A LOT WORSE THINGS HE COULD BE DOIN (LIKE BEATIN SNITCHES)

WHAT ARE YOU HIS WOMAN, LOOK MAN I DIDNT COME TO GET QUIZZED, CHALE

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:15 PM
YOU COULD ALSO STOP BEIN A PUNK B.ITCH

DOES HE EVEN KNOW YOU ARE ON A PUBLIC FORUM ASKING FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO CONTROL HIM, LET THE MAN SMOKE HIS GREEN, THERES A LOT WORSE THINGS HE COULD BE DOIN (LIKE BEATIN SNITCHES)

WHAT ARE YOU HIS WOMAN, LOOK MAN I DIDNT COME TO GET QUIZZED, CHALE

Never Fails how one person thinks they're a bad ass.

Not his woman, no but he is putting me at a considerable risk having the illegal substance around me..

You could stop being a douchebag, and if the beating snitches thing was directed towards me, STFU

yogi08
02-21-2008, 03:17 PM
you need to tell him wahts up, i mean hell if hes not your friend then you dont know how to talk to him when it comes to situations like this? then your a moron.

enough said here,

later, yogi (lol)

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Not that I dont know how to talk to him, but, I know that all I will hear is, "I'm fine" which like people have said, I cant tell him what to do, and I have no problem with recreational drug usage (whatever floats your boat) but when it goes from recreational to habitual....

isa2o3
02-21-2008, 03:28 PM
if u cant beat him join him. simple

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Wish I could.....

Thats part of the issue. With my current legal status, I cant smoke, or even be around it. but he is starting to get more loose and careless. I found out the other day that I was riding with him and he eneded up having pot on him... That would have put me away for a very long time...

I'm not trying to whine about him smoking but Its hard to justify putting myself at risk of jailtime (20 years or so) so he can get high

yogi08
02-21-2008, 03:34 PM
move out. duh

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Cant...$$$$

yogi08
02-21-2008, 03:36 PM
like your rent will be any higher other places? move to a new apartment in that complex

but if this person is your dad, your probably his ***** to begin wtih of how you keep complaining.

Echonova
02-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Wish I could.....

Thats part of the issue. With my current legal status, I cant smoke, or even be around it. but he is starting to get more loose and careless. I found out the other day that I was riding with him and he eneded up having pot on him... That would have put me away for a very long time...

I'm not trying to whine about him smoking but Its hard to justify putting myself at risk of jailtime (20 years or so) so he can get high^^^ That's all you need to say to him, if he can't understand your position then you need to move on and move out. If it leaves him "high" :lmfao: and dry so what? He didn't care about your situation, why care about his?

Echonova
02-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Cant...$$$$Soooo you can't find another roomate or a cheaper place to live?

blacknightteg
02-21-2008, 03:38 PM
dude, i now a few people exactly like that, shoot i myself was an avid smoker for a good amount of time but i stopped. I only lit some up not to long ago just cuz it was a good friend of mind bday and he asked me too. But listen, people like that get to the point were it is technically an addiction to them, although its not even an physically addicting substance. Your mind gets to the point after smoking so much for so long that it needs it in order to fuction in day to day life. Its really sad. People say they will stop or say that they are ok, but they know they wont and they know their not. I had some friends that i recently just cut ties with who said they were going to stop smoking both weed and cigs. his reasoning was that he was going to work out. But, honestly not once did i believe them.

Although your a concerned friend and want to do what ever you can to help him, or tell him whats up. Ultimately its up to them, if they really want to quit or not. if they do and really have the drive to do it then they will. but if nothing else is going on in there life to where it doesnt matter if they do or dont, then they never will.

thinkfast®
02-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Never Fails how one person thinks they're a bad ass.

Not his woman, no but he is putting me at a considerable risk having the illegal substance around me..

You could stop being a douchebag, and if the beating snitches thing was directed towards me, STFU

FAILS, HOMEY THIS THREAD FAILS. HOW BOUT YOU QUIT CRYING (LIKE A WOMAN) AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT (LIKE A MAN)

IF ITS THAT MUCH OF A RISK GET THE FUK UP AND OUT HOMEY, THIS AINT A MATH PROBLEM FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT OR MULL OVER

PUNK ASS

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:44 PM
dude, i now a few people exactly like that, shoot i myself was an avid smoker for a good amount of time but i stopped. I only lit some up not to long ago just cuz it was a good friend of mind bday and he asked me too. But listen, people like that get to the point were it is technically an addiction to them, although its not even an physically addicting substance. Your mind gets to the point after smoking so much for so long that it needs it in order to fuction in day to day life. Its really sad. People say they will stop or say that they are ok, but they know they wont and they know their not. I had some friends that i recently just cut ties with who said they were going to stop smoking both weed and cigs. his reasoning was that he was going to work out. But, honestly not once did i believe them.

Although your a concerned friend and want to do what ever you can to help him, or tell him whats up. Ultimately its up to them, if they really want to quit or not. if they do and really have the drive to do it then they will. but if nothing else is going on in there life to where it doesnt matter if they do or dont, then they never will.

See advice (which is what I was looking for) is helpful.

Let me try to get to all of these:

1. Hard to find much cheaper rent
2. Its not my dad
3. Your a ***** (and one of these days you'll change your signature as not to imply you drive a s-14)
4. I pay 300 a month for rent and utilities in a house (not an apartment). I live far enough from atlanta that I dont deal with bad traffic but close enough that I can go to a braves game on a whim. And its less than 3 miles from my work so even my car which gets close to 9 miles to the gallon doesnt eat much...

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
FAILS, HOMEY THIS THREAD FAILS. HOW BOUT YOU QUIT CRYING (LIKE A WOMAN) AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT (LIKE A MAN)

IF ITS THAT MUCH OF A RISK GET THE FUK UP AND OUT HOMEY, THIS AINT A MATH PROBLEM FOR YOU TO THINK ABOUT OR MULL OVER

PUNK ASS

why do you think your such a hardass???

thinkfast®
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
HOW BOUT TAKE MY ADVICE HOMEBOY?

THEATS YOUR PROBLEM RIGHT THERE, YOU WORRIED ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE AND WHAT THEY DOIN, MIND UR FUKIN BUSINESS AND LET YOUR FRIEND KEEP BEIN DEPRESSED

AT LEAST ITS NOT CRACK!

Scrilla
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Dont Forget: LA ONDA DONT SHINE SHOES....

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Where did you go to school??

I would love to go dropkick whichever dumbass taught you how to spell.

And just because its not crack, doesnt mean its ok

thinkfast®
02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
WHAT DOES MY SCHOOLING HAVE TO DO W/ ANYTHING

ITS CALLED A SWEAR FILTER YOU DUMB FU.CK

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
You have mispelled non-profane words.

And you may want to look into getting new keyboard. It seems the "caps lock" is stuck on the one you have, or is that what the cool kids are doing at the preschool now.

Scrilla
02-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Bwahahahaha...

thinkfast®
02-21-2008, 04:07 PM
:YAWN:

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 04:12 PM
Its funny how you said probably 6 posts ago that this thread was, "full of fail" yet you're still here. Still mispelling and all-Caps typing away. What an exciting life you must lead.

thinkfast®
02-21-2008, 04:19 PM
IF I SAID YOUR LIFE WAS FULL OF FAIL WOULD THAT MAKE YOU GO AWAY? ONE CAN ONLY HOPE

stillaneon
02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Nope but something tells me you would just stick around, lurking, not contributing anything to society. nothing would change for you....

But its easy, all you have to do is hit the back button (top left on most browser screens) and just dont open the thread again.... TADA, fixed, you can go on not doing anything with your life and I can try to fix the problems in mine...

d_day87
02-21-2008, 07:32 PM
^^^ That's all you need to say to him, if he can't understand your position then you need to move on and move out. If it leaves him "high" :lmfao: and dry so what? He didn't care about your situation, why care about his?

x2