PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 350z vs s2k

ueyedgr8tness
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Ok just a slight ? I want to ask this in the order it is posted.....

THe car with the best performance____s2k-350z
best power-___s2k-350
cheapest to mod___s2k-350z
most reliable___s2k-350z
can handle the most on the block__s2k-350z
best looking___s2k-350z
handles the road better__s2k-350z
Best all round great car__s2k-350z

thanks ppl:goodjob:

atlxkevinx
02-20-2008, 08:34 PM
lol. 2 different cars. but..

1. S2K out handles a 350 stock vs stock
2. 350 puts out more power than the s2k
3. 350 is probably cheaper to mod than a s2k. My exhaust cost me $999 shipped.
4. S2K are pretty reliable, not sure about the 350z, don't have one.
5. Looks is preference. I like how my S2K looks
6. S2K owners have put down 450whp on stock block on s2ki.com
7. S2K is quicker more responsive to me than my cousins 350z
8. I like my S2K
:)

ZeDFuNk
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
BTW atlxkevinx

they are not 2 different completely different cars. They are big rivals and in the same class and price range.

THe car with the best performance: 350z hands down.
best power: 350z hands down.
cheapest to mod: s2k hands down. My Z's HKS was $1400, don't get me started on other ****.
most reliable: no comparison here, they're both extremely reliable vehicles.
can handle the most on the block:s2k can handle upwards of 500whp on stock block! ( so i've heard) the Z can handle 400 SAFELY. But of course the Z will have a hell of alot more torque than the s2k no matter w hat.. so a 500whp s2k has maybe 300 tq where a 400whp z has about 400wtq. So it's about even at that point!
best looking:opinion of course, but 350z IMO.
handles the road better:s2k has slight better handling being it's lighter. But will still lose on the track with equal drivers.
Best all round great car:Up to you, if you want a faster car that looks better stock.. 350z. If you plan to do ALOT of modding, then it's up to you which one you think looks better! But with small mods; N/A mods, you can't go wrong with the Z, it will respond better to N/A mods than a 4 banger. ( duh ). good luck on your decision.

Benefit
02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
damn, good comparison...

afwfjustin
02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Totally different cars.

The s2k bottom end has seen up to 600 hp.

I'm taking mine to 500 rwhp in the next few months (running 3mm headgasket to lower compression from 11:1 to 9:1).

If you want a track ready car that is more fun to drive, get the s2k.
If you want a car that will be able to beat more cars on the street, get the 350Z.
If you are going FI, get the s2k. It's more of a sleeper and nobody expects the s2k to be that fast. I absolutely love my car.

Are you more of a "big heavy car bully" on the street, or a "sleek zippy underdog handler" type?

TypeRPersonality
02-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Totally different cars.

The s2k bottom end has seen up to 600 hp.

I'm taking mine to 500 rwhp in the next few months (running 3mm headgasket to lower compression from 11:1 to 9:1).

If you want a track ready car that is more fun to drive, get the s2k.
If you want a car that will be able to beat more cars on the street, get the 350Z.
If you are going FI, get the s2k. It's more of a sleeper and nobody expects the s2k to be that fast. I absolutely love my car.

Are you more of a "big heavy car bully" on the street, or a "sleek zippy underdog handler" type?

I like that last statement. I'd rather have an S2000, only cause I'm not into performance much and I like how it looks.

atlxkevinx
02-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Maybe 350Z is expensive to mod, so is the S2K. J's racing header 1300, Amuse Titan 2100, J's racing intake $1100 and thats just some of the JDM parts for the S2k. So your out of luck here if you are trying to mod cheaply, S2K or 350Z. You get what you pay for.

And for better handling, I'd still think S2K ;) thats my opinion though, its lighter and more responsive than my cousins 350Z. Go drive both and figure it out yourself.

afwfjustin
02-20-2008, 10:54 PM
IMO they're both slow in stock form :D

atlxkevinx
02-20-2008, 10:58 PM
LMAO @ you Justin. Never been in a Turbo S so can't speak for it. Want to give me a ride? I'll determine if it's fast or not ;)

_Christian_
02-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Go drive both and figure it out yourself.
x2. I like both cars. The actual feel of the car would probably be the biggest selling point for me.

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 12:24 AM
LMAO @ you Justin. Never been in a Turbo S so can't speak for it. Want to give me a ride? I'll determine if it's fast or not ;)

You got it :goodjob: I make stock power (200rwhp) at 4400 rpms (out of 9000)

GirlieZ
02-21-2008, 10:50 AM
aren't the s2ks pretty maxed out on n/a power from the factory? they do well on the boosty :) both cars are expensive to mod: newer cars, more high end, more expensive (you just have to know ppl or get great deals and you wont have that problem). the s2 is a drop top and thats a plus, Z is a slug as a vert. stock for stock the suspension on the s2k is wayyy better then the Z.

what yr Z you looking at? different versions respond different to mods.

ueyedgr8tness
02-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I have been checking into getting 1of these cars for my girl so all i really care about is looks and something that responds to boltons ok.

Tech5
02-21-2008, 11:16 AM
S2k FTW

Nissan Sean
02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
i have driven both, and the handling/responsiveness on the s2k is awesome, but the downfall is the lack of torque. i love torque and my z has tons, no to mention i felt clausterphobic in the s, as a]opposed to the z which feels much bigger(which it is) there both great cars, and the last time i was looking for a car my descision came down to the z and the s. im not big into hondas either, i like having immediate power.so its up to you, drive both see which you like. for me it was no questions: THE 350Z. but hey enjoy whatever you buy

Im hoping you buy a z(:))

chituntang
02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
The reversion Z kicked S2k's ass already so...

But back to the topic.

THe car with the best performance____on a track s2k, on a 1/4 pretty much even, max speed 350z,
best power-___350z more hp and tq
cheapest to mod___350z as a little cheaper to mod and more gain out of the mod (putting an 1g+ mugen exhaust on S2000 and you will gain 0whp and 0wtq)
most reliable___s2k as 350z has some sensor issues
can handle the most on the block__350z would be my guess without built button end
best looking___s2k unless the GT500 Z33
handles the road better__s2k-350z They handles great. But you have to be specific as there are revised suspension on both of them
Best all round great car__s2k-350z If you have a bigger car like a SUV, go with the s2k. I would rather have a G35 than a 350z IMO.

jumpin800agl
02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Of course I am biased with having a 350z, but I think both cars look great. Add a set of wheels to the 350z and a set of lowering springs it looks amazing.

I don't think either motors respond very well to N/A mods. With intake/exhaust/plenum spacer/test pipes I put down 250whp vs about 230 stock. You can make great power boosted though. I get over 400 whp at 8.5 psi. The torque difference is huge between the two.

The s2000 was too small for my liking, the Z is a lil bigger and just a tad more space.

Either car is nice though. I am happy with my car, Twin Turbos and still 27 mpg on highway if driving normal.:D

HELL
02-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Ok just a slight ? I want to ask this in the order it is posted.....

best power-___s2k-350
most reliable___s2k-350z
best looking___s2k-350z

thanks ppl:goodjob:
ive driven both of them before, and when it comes to performance the 350z takes it, but not by alot. the s2000 just doesn't have enough torque to challenge the z, but it makes it up with better handling imo. its soild, great car and very fun to drive. both are great cars but if you want to mod it, s2k wins, cheaper and it'll still handle better. :2cents:

Brett
02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I personally find the S2k handles amazing from the factory, Looks better than a 350z to me, I just have never been a fan of the 350z (G35 Much sexier) But the S2k costs a sh*tload to mod, Nothing cheap on this car...... But I have a S2k so I am partial...LOL

Brett
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Of course I am biased with having a 350z, but I think both cars look great. Add a set of wheels to the 350z and a set of lowering springs it looks amazing.

Thats most cars look amazing with those 2 simple mods, I know the S2k does to, I have seen many running dropped with rims and to me it needs nothing more, But that goes for most cars on the road today

Brett
02-21-2008, 01:48 PM
I have been checking into getting 1of these cars for my girl so all i really care about is looks and something that responds to boltons ok.

Then dont get a S2k, Bolt Ons dont do anything really for the car with the way the motor is set up from the factory.

ATK_Designs
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Both cars are nice and cost a ****load to modify. They all said what I wanted, so I just have one suggestion. Buy one that fits your budget & cheaper insurance. Z's Insurance is a *****, last I checked.

GirlieZ
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't think either motors respond very well to N/A mods. With intake/exhaust/plenum spacer/test pipes I put down 250whp vs about 230 stock. You can make great power boosted though. I get over 400 whp at 8.5 psi. The torque difference is huge between the two.

i think the z responds better to n/a mods. i gained alot (relatively) from my n/a mods. the DE has the best tq out of the 3 motors but not as good top end. that can be fixed, and well mine has :) i gained upwards of 50 hp and 45 tq over a average DE dyno with just 3k into mods and tuning software/tuning. who knows where ill be after the new additions, i could be close to the 300 mark. the revup (in the 06 mt, and aniv. editions) will put down more hp then my motor but i have not seen few car close to the tq mine puts down. the revup has longer runners in the plenum in then the DE and that seems to attribute to better hp numbers. the HR is great outa the box but it also has almost perfect equal length headers (unlike the de and revup) and gains are better with exhaust and test pipes but not with after market intakes. the hr also looks like their AFR is pretty much around the 13 mark even after mods so who knows how much it will benefit from tuning. i would also like to add the compression is higher on the HR (10.6). mods will be cheaper for the de and revup then the hr bc the hr is newer. plus there has also been more trail and errors with the older two engines so it would be easier to make educated decisions with mods on those engines.
its going to cost you at least 10 grand starting from scratch to boost a Z (with doing the work yourself). i think some boosted DE guys have seen 550 (a car from Z1 is around that mark on a turbonetics single) on a stock block but i just checked their updates and a few guys have blown their motors. i would say to be safe you wouldn't be smart to push past mid 400s on a stock block.

if i were you i would go with a c5 vert. you get the drop top and the sex appeal but that motor responds well to boost and n/a mods. plus the n/a mods on a ls1 show better gains for the buck. who would ever suspect a 385whp c5 vert with a cute little asain girl driving it (and all that power with i/e/h/heads and cams)? :ninja:

the Z wiki is your friend for the tech aspects of all 3 engines.

note: i pay 290 for both goat and Z a month. full coverage and im 23. i dont think its that bad.

dc2teg2006
02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I like both cars, they have there own uniquieness(sp). they both close in comparision and cost about the same, but i think 350 hold their value better.

s2000 get alittle better hwy gass mileage then that of 350z
s2000 handle better then a 350 on the street but not on the track
but the newer version does better then the 350 on the track
both cost a lot to mod.
s2000 is more reliable, seen one goes up to 200000 and still run fine. haven't for a 350

my own thought if i had to choice between a stock s2000 and stock 350 i would choice the s2000, but if i had to choice between the nismo edition z or the s2000 cr, i would choice the nismo edition.

GirlieZ
02-21-2008, 04:23 PM
but for the price of both those cars you could have a ls2 c6 and i think stayup is more a straight line guy then twisties.

Paree4g63
02-21-2008, 04:33 PM
S2K ALL THE WAYYY! Gotta love that VTECH and 9k RPM!!

**If you get a s2k, make sure you get a very reliable alarm system.
**If you were to get a 350Z..just make sure it looks PHAT&CLEAN!

:D

GirlieZ
02-21-2008, 04:35 PM

ohh no he didnt. he just V-attacked us :eek:

Paree4g63
02-21-2008, 04:39 PM
ohh no he didnt. he just V-attacked us :eek:
Vtech, vvt-i, i-vtech, vvl, mivec.. still want more?
hehe and imma evo owner:D

Gettn vtech one dayyy...:cheers:

GirlieZ
02-21-2008, 04:53 PM
vtec is good in a beater, specially cruising on buford hwy

AnthonyF
02-21-2008, 05:08 PM
a 500whp s2k has maybe 300 tq where a 400whp z has about 400wtq. So it's about even at that point!

ummm sorry bro...but no. doesnt work that way. and BTW i cannot rep so and so

Jin
02-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Yo Vick,

I currently own an s2k and I had a G Coupe.

...and wtf you haven't been playing CSS much. You haven't logged on in 28 days. Quit wasting your time posting worthless **** like this and come get some!

S2000 for the handling, 350z for the torque.

best power-___s2k-350

Top end, s200 feels faster. Bottom end torque-wise the 350z takes it.

I've researched prices on both. It looks like theyre both pretty similar depending on quality.

most reliable___s2k-350z

S2000 all the way. A guy on craigslist is selling a supercharged s2000 with like 200k miles on it.

No clue, haven't gotten that far with either cars.

best looking___s2k-350z

They both look great imo. S2000 doesn't have cargo space for **** though, but its a convertible so you can't ask for too much.

S2000

350z....well for me it was an s2000.

Go for the S2000. They're so f*cking easy to work on and early about half of early VQ35DE's have oil consumption issues. My 04 G35 did. Thats why I sold it.

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM

**If you get a s2k, make sure you get a very reliable alarm system.
**If you were to get a 350Z..just make sure it looks PHAT&CLEAN!

:D

VTECH is a phone company.

I just want to reiterate that, there is no question on which car can handle more power with stock block. The S can handle up to 600 hp on the stock bottom end. There is no question that the VQ motor can not do this.

Both suck with bolt ons too - I'd concentrate on suspension/wheels unless you go FI.

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 06:16 PM
a 500whp s2k has maybe 300 tq where a 400whp z has about 400wtq. So it's about even at that point!

And this statement is definitely circumstantial. If you use a log manifold, yes you'll only hit 300 trq on 500 hp, but a tubular could get you 400-450 if set up correctly with a 30 series turbo.

When I hit 500 during my next tune, I'm planning to hit 400 trq (using Mase from Stage 6 motorsports in Jacksonville).

ZeDFuNk
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
And this statement is definitely circumstantial. If you use a log manifold, yes you'll only hit 300 trq on 500 hp, but a tubular could get you 400-450 if set up correctly with a 30 series turbo.

When I hit 500 during my next tune, I'm planning to hit 400 trq (using Mase from Stage 6 motorsports in Jacksonville).

ah, well i was going off what you told me baout your cars numbers! I wasn't aware about the other stuff :p I just remember you telling me you had very low tq compared to HP :]

ueyedgr8tness
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
bmw guy i have no idea who u or in game atlest i don't think i do.but i am out of town working and want be able to play untill i build my laptop.

so far justiens comment is the 1 i would love to do but to bad my little azn girl hates american rides:(

and thanks for the reply's every 1 repd

HELL
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
ah, well i was going off what you told me baout your cars numbers! I wasn't aware about the other stuff :p I just remember you telling me you had very low tq compared to HP :]even though a boosted s2000 still doesn't have enormous torque, it can still get around. and depending on the turbo size you can't really tell, because as soon as boost kicks in it's gone!

ZeDFuNk
02-21-2008, 06:26 PM
even though a boosted s2000 still doesn't have enormous torque, it can still get around. and depending on the turbo size you can't really tell, because as soon as boost kicks in it's gone!

I'm aware :P i had the pleasure of driving Justins.. amazing machine! :]

ZeDFuNk
02-21-2008, 06:29 PM
i think the z responds better to n/a mods. i gained alot (relatively) from my n/a mods. the DE has the best tq out of the 3 motors but not as good top end. that can be fixed, and well mine has :) i gained upwards of 50 hp and 45 tq over a average DE dyno with just 3k into mods and tuning software/tuning. who knows where ill be after the new additions, i could be close to the 300 mark. the revup (in the 06 mt, and aniv. editions) will put down more hp then my motor but i have not seen few car close to the tq mine puts down. the revup has longer runners in the plenum in then the DE and that seems to attribute to better hp numbers. the HR is great outa the box but it also has almost perfect equal length headers (unlike the de and revup) and gains are better with exhaust and test pipes but not with after market intakes. the hr also looks like their AFR is pretty much around the 13 mark even after mods so who knows how much it will benefit from tuning. i would also like to add the compression is higher on the HR (10.6). mods will be cheaper for the de and revup then the hr bc the hr is newer. plus there has also been more trail and errors with the older two engines so it would be easier to make educated decisions with mods on those engines.
its going to cost you at least 10 grand starting from scratch to boost a Z (with doing the work yourself). i think some boosted DE guys have seen 550 (a car from Z1 is around that mark on a turbonetics single) on a stock block but i just checked their updates and a few guys have blown their motors. i would say to be safe you wouldn't be smart to push past mid 400s on a stock block.

if i were you i would go with a c5 vert. you get the drop top and the sex appeal but that motor responds well to boost and n/a mods. plus the n/a mods on a ls1 show better gains for the buck. who would ever suspect a 385whp c5 vert with a cute little asain girl driving it (and all that power with i/e/h/heads and cams)? :ninja:

the Z wiki is your friend for the tech aspects of all 3 engines.

note: i pay 290 for both goat and Z a month. full coverage and im 23. i dont think its that bad.

You just want him to get a vette so you can take him in the mountains.. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

tony
02-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I've driven an S2k.. and I've had 2 G35's. I secretly admire the S2K but I love the VQ.. both serve different purposes so it depends on the individual. If you like high revs and an engine that just seems to scream.. S2k, if you like torque and something that sounds like it could be an exotic go 350Z (or G35)

I think aesthetically the Z/G is more appealing with mods than the S2k.

ueyedgr8tness
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
i have driven a s2k and plan on test driving a 350z at the dealer when get back in town:)

GIXXERDK
02-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Get your girl a TL

ueyedgr8tness
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I've driven an S2k.. and I've had 2 G35's. I secretly admire the S2K but I love the VQ.. both serve different purposes so it depends on the individual. If you like high revs and an engine that just seems to scream.. S2k, if you like torque and something that sounds like it could be an exotic go 350Z (or G35)

I think aesthetically the Z/G is more appealing with mods than the S2k.

Man the G is very nice love the way they look if she was the only girl driving it i would have to go that way.But i am going to drive it on the weekends so it want be doing me a favor when i want to fu** around with some pulls:no:

ueyedgr8tness
02-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Get your girl a TL

as soon s i get my bike finished i am going to go out and get her a new toy but she is looking forward to a 2 seater whip so the TL is no go even thoe there bad a$$ and clean as hell:goodjob:

wunquikser
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
350 cuz..if you had an s2k and a 350 and they have the same mods..350 will be better and of course its a v6 too..and nissan is known for there torQue..like they say s2ks lack that torque

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 08:04 PM
bmw guy i have no idea who u or in game atlest i don't think i do.but i am out of town working and want be able to play untill i build my laptop.

so far justiens comment is the 1 i would love to do but to bad my little azn girl hates american rides:(

and thanks for the reply's every 1 repd

Wait, what car is an American ride? You can't get any more JDM than an S2K, they're hand built in Japan :goodjob:

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I just want to say that - yeah the S2k only puts down 140 rwtrq or so, but it's 700 pounds lighter than the 350 and it has 4.1 final drive gearing. Gearing multiplies torque, and it's not so slow off the line as you would think.

In fact, properly driven, the S2K will pull a 350 off the line and to 100mph, where the 350 will eventually overtake it :)

1/4 mile they're a driver's race...

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm aware :P i had the pleasure of driving Justins.. amazing machine! :]

Thanks man - that's about the time my headgasket was going so you actually caught it about as "slow" as it could have been as I must've been losing compression. Remember the white smoke from the exhaust? That was the coolant being burned up upon startup :D

Either car boosted is going to be completely nuts.

Paree4g63
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
There was this other post I read about a girl trying to pick a choice between type R's, Type S's, and other cars. Outta all that, she chose a 08 Si. I know you'll get the Honda.. I have faith. muahAHHAHa :D

P.S. Honda's have 9 lives but only with a bad ass alarm system..Good LUCK
If you can hit 14.0 in a 1/4 with a stock s2k; You are my s2k idol. :goodjob:

afwfjustin
02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
high 13s are very capable in the stock S.

GirlieZ
02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
You just want him to get a vette so you can take him in the mountains.. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
man, b!tch get your facts right. about any m6 350z with a decent driver can take a autotragic vette in the mtns. the vette has yet to prove me wrong. but you never go on mtn runs so you wouldnt know. supermanZ isnt coming this time, maybe you should come. we need and idiot to bring up the rear and fall of a mtn and that would be YOU

you want him to get a Z so you can sell him your abused mods :D want me to clicky pow the link from my350z.com, im sure they will enjoy.

Paree4g63
02-21-2008, 10:34 PM
high 13s are very capable in the stock S.

Never seen a stock s2k run high 13's nor a 14.0 at the track. All of whom I seen in my lifetime had been mid 14's and higher. I seen some run 15's and thats just goddam sadd ass fawk! hahhaha:tongue1: It's doable in stock trim but you gotta know whatcha doin...:rolleyes:

jumpin800agl
02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
man, b!tch get your facts right. about any m6 350z with a decent driver can take a autotragic vette in the mtns. the vette has yet to prove me wrong. but you never go on mtn runs so you wouldnt know. supermanZ isnt coming this time, maybe you should come. we need and idiot to bring up the rear and fall of a mtn and that would be YOU

you want him to get a Z so you can sell him your abused mods :D want me to clicky pow the link from my350z.com, im sure they will enjoy.
:bigdance:

antiv6
02-21-2008, 10:46 PM

:lmfao:i lol'd

afwfjustin
02-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Never seen a stock s2k run high 13's nor a 14.0 at the track. All of whom I seen in my lifetime had been mid 14's and higher. I seen some run 15's and thats just goddam sadd ass fawk! hahhaha:tongue1: It's doable in stock trim but you gotta know whatcha doin...:rolleyes:

Yeah I've seen people run mid 14-15 in s2k which is sad.

Rev to 6500, pop out clutch, feather throttle until you hook up - high 13s.

13.6 is the fastest recorded time for a stock s2k.

babowc
02-22-2008, 12:59 AM
s2k winnar.

need to get mine soon.

GIXXERDK
02-22-2008, 07:04 AM
as soon s i get my bike finished i am going to go out and get her a new toy but she is looking forward to a 2 seater whip so the TL is no go even thoe there bad a$$ and clean as hell:goodjob:

Buy my bike for her :D

ueyedgr8tness
02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
shi* i got 2 bikes up for sale why would i do that ?

ueyedgr8tness
02-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Wait, what car is an American ride? You can't get any more JDM than an S2K, they're hand built in Japan :goodjob:

corvette:yes:

Paree4g63
02-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah I've seen people run mid 14-15 in s2k which is sad.

Rev to 6500, pop out clutch, feather throttle until you hook up - high 13s.

13.6 is the fastest recorded time for a stock s2k.

Even the pro's only ran a 14.0 unless the newer ones are faster now. I got pulled by a s2k one time but that was when my intake snorkel wasnt on all the way and it killed my top end. I barely launched but he caught up in 4th slowly and was ahead by a car. But that s2k was poppn hella fast every gear though while he was catchn up. Ran another s2k a long time ago when my cousin was driving during a downshift and the s2k couldn't keep up. :goodjob: I'd like to run another s2k again from a dig or roll one day..

bRiAnMcIvIcS
02-22-2008, 10:47 AM
350z most def.:yes:

jumpin800agl
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Even the pro's only ran a 14.0 unless the newer ones are faster now. I got pulled by a s2k one time but that was when my intake snorkel wasnt on all the way and it killed my top end. I barely launched but he caught up in 4th slowly and was ahead by a car. But that s2k was poppn hella fast every gear though while he was catchn up. Ran another s2k a long time ago when my cousin was driving during a downshift and the s2k couldn't keep up. :goodjob: I'd like to run another s2k again from a dig or roll one day..
I ran a s2k that had i/h/e when I had only a JWT intake from a 60 mph roll and pulled him by more than a car length before letting out. Both are nice cars for what they are htough.

afwfjustin
02-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Trust me, I live on s2ki forums. The fastest times posted for ap1 (00-03) and ap2 (04-08) are 13.6 ;) MANY weekend draggers have gotten 13.8-14 consistently. Some with gears and slicks can run low-mid 13s.

afwfjustin
02-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I ran a s2k that had i/h/e when I had only a JWT intake from a 60 mph roll and pulled him by more than a car length before letting out. Both are nice cars for what they are htough.

i/h/e adds about 5 hp on the s2k unless it was a J's header and 70mm single exhaust in which they might have been up 10 or 15 hp. Not many people have that setup though, so,

It was basically stock. :D

Paree4g63
02-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Trust me, I live on s2ki forums. The fastest times posted for ap1 (00-03) and ap2 (04-08) are 13.6 ;) MANY weekend draggers have gotten 13.8-14 consistently. Some with gears and slicks can run low-mid 13s.

That's quick for a all motor s2k stock..But god dang, they cost up to 35-40k for the newer ones. I'd go buy a used one just to have if I could. But I just couldn't imagine driving a 2seater daily and hanging out. Love having people fill up my car..Makes it useful! 6 people is the most I can fit in my car and its an EVO. hahaa 4doors all the wayyy

eYezs1ck
02-24-2008, 08:04 AM
like both cars but im all honda

koukis14
02-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I have owned 8 Nissans including a Z car, driven countless 350's and I would take an S2000.

afwfjustin
02-25-2008, 02:18 AM
That's quick for a all motor s2k stock..But god dang, they cost up to 35-40k for the newer ones. I'd go buy a used one just to have if I could. But I just couldn't imagine driving a 2seater daily and hanging out. Love having people fill up my car..Makes it useful! 6 people is the most I can fit in my car and its an EVO. hahaa 4doors all the wayyy

Diff'rent strokes :rolleyes:

It's cool man. Having a 2 seater is what I love about my car - I don't ever have to worry about giving people rides (I ride without passenger seat often to save weight).

The Ninja
03-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Bump...WAnna hear some more about this. :ninja:

NAG2I
03-01-2008, 04:55 PM
s2k hands down. better handling, and sexier in my opinion.

EJ25RUN
03-01-2008, 05:25 PM
these threads are really gay.`

S2K FTW.