PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 2009 Ugur Sahin Design Corvette Z03 Concept

YoTa_BoX
02-20-2008, 09:17 AM
02-19-2008 - Chevrolet pride themselves on seting performance benchmarks at atractive price points. This in turn enables tuners such as Callaway and Baldwin-Motion to take it to the next level, or sometimes nearly craft a whole new car. Such is the case with the newest name in this business: Ugur Sahin Design out of the Netherlands.

Their ‘Corvette Z03 Concept’ is a carbon fiber supercar that leaves no area of the Corvette’s performance untouched. Beyond the striking carbon fibre body, modifications are made to the engine suspension and interior.

This is the first project to come from Ugur Sahin Design which was founded in the summer of 2007 by Axel van Mourik and Ugur Sahin. They plan to position themselves in the high end market of limited edition vehicles that utilize existing manufacturer’s chassis.

Basis for the Z03 comes from the Z06 which is already an extremely potent package. Axel van Mourik, a working partner in the company, says “This is a chassis that has proven to be an extremely competitive package on public roads and even more so on the professional race circuit with victories in both the American Le Mans Series and the 24 Hours of Le Mans”

In regards to the design influence, the cars designer Ugur Sahin says “As a designer, the most important goal of this project was to be able to determine the correct balance between the past and the present design language of the Corvette brand. After studying the brand identity and the history of Corvette, I was able to create a definitive “feel” which obviously was the fundamental of the project.”

The ambitious pair are aiming to produce 100 examples of the Z03. This is made possible with partners including Flybrid Systems, Modesi Design, Fischer Motorsports, Kirkham Motorsports and former Corvette chief engineer Dave McLellan.

Performance benchmarks include a weight reduction of approximately 100 pounds and three engine packages which range from 500 to 750 bhp. The later of these will utilize a Tial/Garret turbocharger with liquid cooled ceramic bearings. Each customer will be able to choose personalized touches that include custom mixed paint, upgraded interior treatments including gauges, dashboard, custom created Recaro seats and more.

If the early design drawings are any indication, then the Z03 is going to be a gorgeous car. Details on pricing and availability will be made public in March and first production vehicles are set to be delivered to the US market late in 2008.

For more information, please contact Joe Sabatini ([email protected] - 352-385-9450)

engine Cast Aluminum LS7 V8 w/Dry Sump Lubrication
position Front Longitudinal
aspiration Tial/Garret Turbocharger
valvetrain OHV, 2 Valves w/Cyl
fuel feed Sequential Fuel Injection
displacement 7011 cc / 427.8 cu in
power 559.3 kw / 750 bhp
hp per litre 106.97 bhp per litre
bhp/weight 545.85 bhp per weight
body / frame Carbon Fiber Body over Hydroformed Steel Frame w/Aluminum & Magnesium Structural Components
steering Rack & Pinion w/Speed Sensitive Power Assist
f suspension Wishbones
r suspension Wishbones
weight 1374 kg / 3030 lbs

Complication
02-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Gwad... I don't like it one bit. I'd take a Z06 over that any day...

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
What i see...

http://www.vettefacts.com/images/1969-red-convertible-hardtop-corvette-2.jpg+http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/08/alfa-romeo-8c.jpg

MistaCee
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
What i see...

http://www.vettefacts.com/images/1969-red-convertible-hardtop-corvette-2.jpg+http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/08/alfa-romeo-8c.jpg

x2 looks badass still

Nissan Sean
02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
looks like a modern day stingray. looks fantastic if you ask me. i always like the callaway corvette, i think the corvette's styling always needed something. even the new Z06. though it looks great, it doesnt keep up in styling w/ the cars it keeps up with in performance. but it is cheaper. this concept looks perfect IMO.

GTScoob
03-05-2008, 12:50 AM
It looks like a Hot Wheels car. Way out of proportion.

Ronsam2006
03-05-2008, 04:54 AM
It looks like a Hot Wheels car. Way out of proportion.
Its a concept, its going to look like it but not exactly like it. PLus all concepts look like hot wheels cars.

santacruz77
03-05-2008, 07:50 AM
i dont like it...

but im sure it will be badass

Elbow
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
eww.

TicketRedBB6
03-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I think it looks really good. It looks different, but keeps a lot of the same corvette features. Corvettes have always been the only american car I like a lot, especially the newer ones.

SixSquared
03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
from a design standpoint, absolutely stunning.... Beautiful car.

The Ninja
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Looks like a mix of gt500, big rims, and a ferrari front end. :( No likey....

RUFFIAN
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I think its Sexy.

BKgen®
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM
it looks like the Miura concept from the side.