PDA

View Full Version : to all the yuppies & Nissan Dealership

dc2teg2006
02-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Check out http://www.thetunersource.com/blog/ They wrote this about the new GTR.

So true.

http://dropjay.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/nissan-gtr.jpg (http://dropjay.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/nissan-gtr.jpg)

Everyone wants one especially the yuppies that have the special edition box collection of The Fast and Furious. These guys have ruined many cars such as Mitsubishi Evo, Toyota Supra, Subaru STi, and now they are taking our beloved Skyline away from us. When I talk about us, I mean the real car enthusiasts, the guys that made sacrifices for the cars that they currently own. The yuppies on the other hand have these cars and think they are Michael Schumacher and end up crashing them into a wall. Yuppies are the type of guys that have no respect for cars, and merely purchase them because of the latest trend.

My answer to these chumps is to always give them the good one finger salutation or a big thumbs down while seeing them on the road.

The revered status of the GT-R will definitely have a mark up over the $69K price. For the first year there will only be 1500 examples of this car. So as If the euro and yen aren’t screwing us over for imported goods our good brethren are going to screw us over as well. Price mark-ups have been verified all over the nation ranging from $20K-$60K at dealerships. Almost double!

The beauty of this car was that it was a legitimate Porsche and M3 destroyer at a fraction of the price. That was why this car was so hailed upon the news of its release globally. Now greedy dealerships are having auctions on the car for the highest bidder.

MY ****ty opinion on the new GTR.

Everyone and their grandma have asked me “You getting the New GTR?” I’m really on the fence about this car. Here’s a few of my reasonings why I’m not super into the new GTR. I’ve NEVER lusted after this car. I know it’s the new thing and it beats all the Porsche’s and it priced to be half as expensive as a Porsche Turbo and blah, blah, blah. I’ve never been the dude that needed the fastest car on the block. I like fast cars and I like funding my own go fast project cars but I don’t make any of the cars that I have had or have now to compete in a horsepower war with any of my friends and or enemies. With that out of the way another reason is I’ve never spent the countless hours thinking of owning a R35 GTR like I have on the GTR I have now. I’ve sacrificed A LOT in my personal and financial life to own the GTR I have now. I spent my house money getting a GTR and than spent probably my GF’s engagement ring, small condo down payment, and God knows what else cash to get the damn car into a state of perfection. Which the car still has a long way to go to be perfect in my eyes. Thank God and or Satan for an understanding GF that supports my ****ing madness about the Nissan GTR.

The new GTR is not a legend. It might be someday down the road but it’s not one right now. I don’t care where the **** you are if you go to a car meet in a year and see a buncha R35 GTR’s sitting around with older model GTR’s people are going to gravitate to the 32-34’s. Why? Because they are tuning legends. They were never officially available in the US and their still a ****ing ***** to own in the US today,tomorrow, and probably even 10 years down the line. They are LEGENDS. Any **** hole with money to burn and his name scribbled on a pad of paper that he is 15th in line to get a premium addition Red R35 GTR at his local Nissan dealership can have a GTR now. Thats not special in my eyes. Your jock ****head neighbor with his sweet Porsche Boxster S just read the new Sport Compact car article on the R35 is heading down to his Nissan dealership to slap his money down for spot to wait for 60G marked up R35 . ****ing idiot. He’s never been into GTR’s nor will he ever be. He just wants to be the cool guy on the block. You can now lease a a GTR in the US. LOL! that sounds so crazy to me. Everyone of my fellow GTR enthusiasts and or friends HAD TO PAY UP FRONT to own a GTR. Now you can lease the new one. Insane. No more Sacrificing to own a R35. Just have some good credit and 2nd job to cover that markup.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I REALLY love the new R35 GTR. I’m even more excited about the possible V-spec R35 GTR. I’m not standing in line and paying for a marked up one. I’m also not rushing to put any money down and wait and have the dealer play games with me about owning one. Nissan dealers you can all go **** yourselves you greedy pieces of ****. Talk about blowing the whole mystique of owning a 67 thousand dollar car that is faster than a Porsche turbo. To me it would be about owning the newest GTR and to have it hopefully sitting in my garage next to my other GTR. I wanna be viewed as a GTR enthusiast/collector and not a ****ing idiot Yuppie **** who just wants the new cheap super car on the block.

I’ve gotten my hands on a R35 GTR and molested it properly and it is an amazing car. I just hope most of them fall into the right hands. Their is gonna be so many R35 GTR casualties at SEMA 2008 LOL! I don’t even wanna think about it. there were already horrible looking ones at TAS 08.

AM I ranting to much? Probably so. Believe me, there our people that deserve to own the new R35. I know of a dude right now that has gone through hell to have one already here in the states. He went through mounds of legalities and paperwork to own older GTR’s and to own the new R35 GTR. He deserves one. He is a true automotive enthusiast. I can count on one hand some friends that should totally have the new R35 GTR in their garage

So yeah…thats SOME of my thoughts on the R35 GTR. I have plenty more but I’ll spare you that rant. I hope you can all afford one. I really do. Everyone who is a true enthusiast should experience any Nissan GTR. They are amazing cars.
I need a new ****ing hobby. Basket weaving here I come.

So what do you think? agree/disagree? Discuss

Doppelgänger
02-20-2008, 09:14 AM
i agree completely.

IDCoconut
02-20-2008, 09:30 AM
60k Mark up? That's ridiculous. And so what it beats the 997 Turbo? I sure ****ing hope it does if it was designed to do so, LOL. I'm sure Porsche would hand Nissan their ass if they wanted.

Then out came the GT2, lol.

redpanda
02-20-2008, 09:38 AM
997>m3>gtr

Reaper
02-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I'd rather spend $55k on a 01 Porsche 911 Turbo, spend 15grand in a few upgrades and spank the **** outta that car

Porsche>Nissan end of story

Deke
02-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Meh, he's got some good points. I think the whole "legend" argument is a little...off. But whatever...

Interesting read.

Thighs
02-20-2008, 10:15 AM
hmm... a 70-80g car that is STILL slower than a c6z, ALOT slower than the blue devil vette, has 111mph speed limiter, sensors in the wheels preventing custom ones from being used, sensors in the intake to prevent aftermarket parts from being used... ill pass.

it costs +1000 bucks to get the speed limiter removed fro a track day, nd if you dont go pay ANOTHER +-800 to get it re-installed your warranty is void. if you mod ANYTHNG, including the wheels, intake, exhaust, your warranty is gone.

WTF NISSAN?

On_Her_Face
02-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Z06 > GTR

with the mark up.. ZR-1 > GTR

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Meh, he's got some good points. I think the whole "legend" argument is a little...off. But whatever...

Interesting read.

*explain*

ZeDFuNk
02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
i started reading it, but it's a bunch of rubbish, so i stopped.

man
02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Agree completely.

Also, if you would take a Nissan over a Porsche or used Ferrari (all the same price), you are RETARDED.

Speed isn't everything, especially when you're paying ~$100k

OneSlow5pt0
02-20-2008, 11:32 AM
i could careless if its faster or slower than couple others car.........id spend more with a slower benz sl65 or slk55 than a GTR

Nissan Sean
02-20-2008, 11:32 AM
for the money. w/ mark up on the GTR and demand on it, i would rather buy a new porsche or audi R8. if you put an R8 next to the GTR , Most people would say the R* is nicer. now the GTR maybe an engineering genuis work of art, and faster and better performing, id still choose a porsche or the Audi. Most likely the Audi. i have asked others and they said the same. oh and the GTR had the zo6 beat. mabye not faster in a strait line but better all around

chinitoxamor
02-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I'd rather spend $55k on a 01 Porsche 911 Turbo, spend 15grand in a few upgrades and spank the **** outta that car

Porsche>Nissan end of story

x2 at least someone knows how i feel about spending money on a car and modding it or spending money on a car thats gonna be stock lol

Reaper
02-20-2008, 11:38 AM
x2 at least someone knows how i feel about spending money on a car and modding it or spending money on a car thats gonna be stock lol

its why I drive what I drive...my car may not be fast but its pretty:D

my next car will either be an M3, Corvette, or 911...I like luxury and power:cheers:

+whatever im worth

OneSlow5pt0
02-20-2008, 11:40 AM

my next car will either be an M3, Corvette, or 911...I like luxury and power:cheers:

+whatever im worth

those two words dont belong together,lol

Reaper
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
those two words dont belong together,lol

have you driven a corvette? Z06's are very comfortable

OneSlow5pt0
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
have you driven a corvette? Z06's are very comfortable

yea,i mean they are good driving cars.......but far from benz or bmw

Reaper
02-20-2008, 11:48 AM
yea,i mean they are good driving cars.......but far from benz or bmw

Well yeah, and I understand what ya mean..But for the money a vette is an overall great deal! 99-01 porsche 911's, e46 m3's and 01-02 Z06's are all in the mid 20k's now..all great buys in my opinion:D

and being a lexus/Bmw guy growing up I have grown a strong hate for mercades..

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Agree completely.

Also, if you would take a Nissan over a Porsche or used Ferrari (all the same price), you are RETARDED.

If performance is the only thing you car about, just go the route of importing
one of these purpose built speed toys: Ariel Atom, Caterham R500, Radical SR3, TVR Anything.

Or.....get a bike. Going 100mph on a bike feels like 200mph in a car.

You people need to understand that yes, the GTR has already shown that its a good car. But if speed is your only motive....you don't know what your buying.

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:17 PM
one of these purpose built speed toys: Ariel Atom, Caterham R500, Radical SR3, TVR Anything.

You people need to understand that yes, the GTR has already shown that its a good car. But if speed is your only motive....you don't know what your buying.

TVR's are the ****! reps

OneSlow5pt0
02-20-2008, 12:23 PM
if im going bare bones sports car.......its all bout the Noble m400

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
TVR's are the ****! reps

Agreed.

You know 27 year old Russian Nikolay Smolensky.....Whats your opinion on assembly outside of Blackpool England?

http://www.tvrcc-wiltshire.co.uk/wilts_files/images/sagaris01.jpg
http://members.fortunecity.com/freecarwallpapers/images/tvr_tuscan_s_01.jpg

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Agreed.

You know 27 year old Russian Nikolay Smolensky.....Whats your opinion on assembly outside of Blackpool England?

I'm not fond of the owner, as I was at one point scared that he was going to destroy an amazing company. TVR is still building the cars this year, which is great news! But being built in italy? ehh...I mean I understand outsourcing to an extent but I just hope the cars quality don't change. I didn't know what a TVR was until I saw swordfish...then I really got into them

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:36 PM
honestly I wish you could get TVR's here in the USA, but importing/legalizing will be a ***** if I ever get the money to do so

Tuscan S convertable ftw!

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm not fond of the owner, as I was at one point scared that he was going to destroy an amazing company. TVR is still building the cars this year, which is great news! But being built in italy? ehh...I mean I understand outsourcing to an extent but I just hope the cars quality don't change. I didn't know what a TVR was until I saw swordfish...then I really got into them

Mine was a video game called "Test Drive 4" back in 97.
That was when the TVR Cerbera was still made. :(
I'll tell you outsourcing to Italy isn't as bad as china but no matter TVR need to be made in Blackpool.

honestly I wish you could get TVR's here in the USA, but importing/legalizing will be a ***** if I ever get the money to do so

Ive seen a T350 at a Florida dealer in a Dupont Registry mag.

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Mine was a video game called "Test Drive 4" back in 97.
That was when the TVR Cerbera was still made. :(
I'll tell you outsourcing to Italy isn't as bad as china but no matter TVR need to be made in Blackpool.

Ive seen a T350 at a Florida dealer in a Dupont Registry mag.

I agree it needs to be made in Blackpool...but thats owners...

How much was the T350?

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
seriously, I'd rock this as a daily driver

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I agree it needs to be made in Blackpool...but thats owners...

How much was the T350?

no clue.... this might have been 1 -2 years ago.

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:54 PM
no clue.... this might have been 1 -2 years ago.

oh gotcha...if I could rock a tuscan S and a Sagaris I'd be one happy bastard...but I guess I've gotta go to England spend 100grand(each) then import it, wait 6months, spend another 20grand and then get my car.....wouldnt it be nice lol

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 12:58 PM
seriously, I'd rock this as a daily driver

im more excited about this one....

TVR Typhon
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/10/tvr_typhoon.jpg
http://tvr.lundinoir.com/desktops/typhon/typhon_001_1440x900.jpg

Reaper
02-20-2008, 12:59 PM
outside of the fact that the car looks like pure sex...the name "typhoon" is just fckin badass!

Nissan Sean
02-20-2008, 01:00 PM
um do you know what the maintance and upkeep costs, are on ferrari's .it would cost way more than the GTR with those costs added in. mabye your retarded?

Agree completely.

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
um do you know what the maintance and upkeep costs, are on ferrari's .it would cost way more than the GTR with those costs added in. mabye your retarded?

And just what are you saying.... that a 500hp Nissan is gonna be cheap to maintain?

Deke
02-20-2008, 01:04 PM
*explain*

Well from what I read, his whole basis for the R32, R33, and R34 being a "legend" is that you can't easily obtain them in the US. It just seems like some rather flawed logic to me. The new GTR outperforms the older ones in almost every category (if I'm not mistaken), and yet just because it's released in the US, it loses it's legendary status?

I agree that there are going to be a lot of people driving them that don't know jack about cars (yada yada yada), but find an expensive car where that isn't the case.

[ends discussing article]

[begins discussing reponses]

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy and don't see the new GTR as the holy grail among cars or anything. But you have to see that it's still an awesome car. I just feel that a lot of people are hopping on the anti-bandwagon with this car. The "Well all of these wanna be enthusiast love this car, so I'm going to pick it apart" club.

And of course, I'd choose a comparable Ferrari, Porsche, what have you over a GTR (given the price is the same). Do you think I'm crazy?

PS: Wrong forum?

Reaper
02-20-2008, 01:04 PM

A ferrari sure, but we were also talking about porsche....the new GTR isn't going to be cheap to work on I promise you. GTR will be cheaper to be maintained than a ferrari but won't be far off a 911 turbo

IDCoconut
02-20-2008, 01:06 PM
99-01 porsche 911's...... are all in the mid 20k's now

Where can you find 996 Turbos for 20k? Tell me now so I can buy 10 of them and re-sell for 35-40k. If you're talking just an N/A 996, then that's understandable. But for that money, you could buy better cars. Plus, no offense to any 996 narrow body owners, but the car just doesn't have the lines. They redeemed themselves with the 997.

Reaper
02-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Where can you find 996 Turbos for 20k? Tell me now so I can buy 10 of them and re-sell for 35-40k. If you're talking just an N/A 996, then that's understandable. But for that money, you could buy better cars. Plus, no offense to any 996 narrow body owners, but the car just doesn't have the lines. They redeemed themselves with the 997.

where did I say 996 turbo you stupid ****? I'm talking about a baseline 911. And they sure the 911 turbo's are MUCH better looking, but PERSONALLY a clean porsche is timeless and is hard to beat in looks(stock). And I said mid-20k's...so go look up autotrader..they are everywhere.

01 911 turbo's go for high 40's low 50's with mid to "high" mileage...think before you post next time...better yet, next time you have a thought, let it go..

The Ninja
02-20-2008, 01:19 PM
i started reading it, but it's a bunch of rubbish, so i stopped.

What the f*ck are you still doing here? I thought you were supposed to be gone!

man
02-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Agreed.

Still designed in the UK and engine production will still be British

Reaper
02-20-2008, 01:30 PM

but built in Italy...so we'll see how it comes out...shouldn't be anything different but ya never know

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Well from what I read, his whole basis for the R32, R33, and R34 being a "legend" is that you can't easily obtain them in the US. It just seems like some rather flawed logic to me. The new GTR outperforms the older ones in almost every category (if I'm not mistaken), and yet just because it's released in the US, it loses it's legendary status?

I agree that there are going to be a lot of people driving them that don't know jack about cars (yada yada yada), but find an expensive car where that isn't the case.

[ends discussing article]

[begins discussing reponses]

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy and don't see the new GTR as the holy grail among cars or anything. But you have to see that it's still an awesome car. I just feel that a lot of people are hopping on the anti-bandwagon with this car. The "Well all of these wanna be enthusiast love this car, so I'm going to pick it apart" club.

And of course, I'd choose a comparable Ferrari, Porsche, what have you over a GTR. Do you think I'm crazy?

PS: Wrong forum?

In the motoring community, this is why the GTR is a legend. It has very little to do with America and not being able to obtain it. Just like with every other "Legendary" road car (Mclaren F1, Ford GT40, dozens of Ferrari and Porsche), you have to win on the race track to gain that status.

For the GTR back in 1989. It was to start of an era where the FIA Group A Div 3 championship was to be destroyed. The R32 GTR forced the FIA to completely change GT and Touring car racing 1994. That year spawning the JGTC, the GT1 & GT2 class structure for GT racing, and the Super Touring class for saloon cars.

The first onslaught was the All Japan Touring Car Championship where it won every year from 89-93, across the pond in Austarlia, it beat out the Holden and Ford v8s to win the Bathurst 1000 in 91 and 92 and the championship in those years. Because of this, V8 Supercar was created so the GTR couldn't compete. Its been banned ever since.

Then in 94 when JGTC began under older group a rules the GTR won in 94 and 95 and finally when GT500 was implemented the 4 more times.

I dont care how much you dont like the Skyline GTR.....

but from all circles of the globe.....those that know motorsport know that starting in 1989, a car was released onto the scene that was so dominate it had to be banned from almost every serious it had been entered and all the rule books had to be rewritten.

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 01:40 PM

then thrown on a ferry and sent to Italy

Deke
02-20-2008, 03:27 PM
In the motoring community, this is why the GTR is a legend. It has very little to do with America and not being able to obtain it. Just like with every other "Legendary" road car (Mclaren F1, Ford GT40, dozens of Ferrari and Porsche), you have to win on the race track to gain that status.

For the GTR back in 1989. It was to start of an era where the FIA Group A Div 3 championship was to be destroyed. The R32 GTR forced the FIA to completely change GT and Touring car racing 1994. That year spawning the JGTC, the GT1 & GT2 class structure for GT racing, and the Super Touring class for saloon cars.

The first onslaught was the All Japan Touring Car Championship where it won every year from 89-93, across the pond in Austarlia, it beat out the Holden and Ford v8s to win the Bathurst 1000 in 91 and 92 and the championship in those years. Because of this, V8 Supercar was created so the GTR couldn't compete. Its been banned ever since.

Then in 94 when JGTC began under older group a rules the GTR won in 94 and 95 and finally when GT500 was implemented the 4 more times.

I dont care how much you dont like the Skyline GTR.....

but from all circles of the globe.....those that know motorsport know that starting in 1989, a car was released onto the scene that was so dominate it had to be banned from almost every serious it had been entered and all the rule books had to be rewritten.

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying the others cars aren't necessarily legends. I'm just saying that nothing makes this new car any less of a legend than an R34. I was definitely not trying to slam the older Skylines, by any means.

chinitoxamor
02-20-2008, 05:24 PM

+whatever im worth

i would love for my next car to be a is300 or m3.. or slk 55 amg

EJ25RUN
02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Just to clarify, I wasn't saying the others cars aren't necessarily legends. I'm just saying that nothing makes this new car any less of a legend than an R34. I was definitely not trying to slam the older Skylines, by any means.

i miss read what you wrote :headslap:

and i agree alot of people arn't even giving this new car a chance. "NO ONE" on this has driven the car nor really taken a close look to evaluate it.

There are allot of great cars in this world but they all had to prove themselves at one point.

My biggest concern is for disposable car markets like china trying to copying the GT-R.

JITB
02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
wow he just wrote the obvious....and dragged it on for 3 paragraphs

but i will say, that noone ever gives newer versions of cars a chance. its never better than the previous. the Evo 8, Wrx, 350, were all treated the same. no car is ever better than the previous succesful model on paper. Especially when noone knows anything, and its all new.

zoborax
02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
To each his own about what's worth it or not. I love my R32 GT-R, and I have no desire to own any other type of car, as far as my hobby car is concerned. I like its lines, engine, performance, etc. It may not be the fastest car, but its fun as hell to drive. And..it has pounds of potential.

Sure the R35 is powerful and fast for the money, out of the box, but the only people who can afford it are the well-off yuppies or the old and rich. More power to them! I wouldn't tell them to f-off necessarily, unless they are being ****s.

Yes. The car is awesome for the money.

Elbow
02-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Kia > new GTR

Elbow
02-22-2008, 09:02 AM

No need to import, we can get most of those here, except for the TVR. Radical FTMFW they handle like TRULY a large kart, so much fun you would choose it over anything :goodjob:

Ran
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
im more excited about this one....

TVR Typhon
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2006/10/tvr_typhoon.jpgWhat's with the bullet hole headlights and taillights? Rather gross IMO.

Ruiner
02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
It doesn't really "beat" the 911 turbo (997 gen) in all tests like the blog claims. It's better in some and worse in others. It depends on the test.

EJ25RUN
02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
What's with the bullet hole headlights and taillights? Rather gross IMO.

TVR Styling.... meant to make it look insane.

I guess it's not for everyone but it sure as hell is for me. TVR is a company that onlt exist to make driving machines

NO ABS, NO TRACTION CONTROL, NO AIRBAGS.....

I think Jeremy Clarkson said

"Usually when one of their customers wrote to the factory complainig how dead he was."

Yes..more of this \/
http://www.piersjohnson.com/PhotoAlbum/2003Gallery/images/030_0068_f.jpg
http://www.piersjohnson.com/PhotoAlbum/2003Gallery/images/0001_f.jpg

Ran
02-22-2008, 09:40 AM
TVR Styling.... meant to make it look insane.

I guess it's not for everyone but it sure as hell is for me. TVR is a company that onlt exist to make driving machines

NO ABS, NO TRACTION CONTROL, NO AIRBAGS.....Kudos to them maintaining focus on what they do. I think the overall lines of the car are "okay" at best. Looks like a cracked-out European Dodge Viper. The headlights and taillights, while "insane", are just ugly to me and don't work with the car in any sense.

Also, I lol'd at everyone in this thread that bashes the Nissan for trying to compete with Porsche, Ferrari, and the like. Even though I'm not a personal fan of the new GT-R, I say props to Nissan for issuing a challenge to the eurofag elitists.

Elbow
02-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Euro > JDM