PDA

View Full Version : no power in the honda :(

greasemunkey
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
hey guys I am in the process of swapping a b20b in the civic, when i pulled it out I was retarded trying to keep the car radio going while working and when I was undoing the alternator ground bolt it sparked and the power went off to the whole car, i didn't think anything of it till now when im close to start-up I have everything hooked up and still no power so I checked every fuse there is and replaced one blown one but still no power, any ideas??? I have another ecu ima try to hook up tomorrow and hook the battery up to a charger and see if it works in the morning, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what else it could be:thinking: , thanks

mitch lab
02-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Check the battery fuse, if that's not the case than bring out a volt meter, try testing the ecu to see if it's getting power. Check wires too, just incase you melted some wires.

Tech5
02-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Travis check your main FUSE its under the hood, its like a 80 amp fuse big fat fuse, its the one were your two battery cable wires screw on to the fuse block,

greasemunkey
02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
yea man thats the one i replaced, its called like an A80 fuse, ima try to hook up the p06 ecu here in a minute

greasemunkey
02-20-2008, 10:48 AM
fixed it, i put the fuse in the wrong place lol, thanks josh, I didn't take it out so I didn't know it was in the wrong place, also now when the keys are in and i turn the wheel my fuel pressure goes up and makes a sound like when you first turn the key and power cuts on it does it everytime i turn the wheel(no ps by the way), I don't have fluids in it except for tranny fluid and i only have 1 axle in half way so idk if its no fluids or what.

ash7
02-20-2008, 10:58 AM
fixed it, i put the fuse in the wrong place lol, thanks josh, I didn't take it out so I didn't know it was in the wrong place, also now when the keys are in and i turn the wheel my fuel pressure goes up and makes a sound like when you first turn the key and power cuts on it does it everytime i turn the wheel(no ps by the way), I don't have fluids in it except for tranny fluid and i only have 1 axle in half way so idk if its no fluids or what.

you're saying that when you turn the key to the "ON" position and mess with the steering wheel, it affects your fuel pump? :thinking: Or is this when the car is actually running?
-jonathan

greasemunkey
02-20-2008, 12:48 PM
just on not running, i think it was just filling the fuel rail, it stopped already, btw just cranked it and it started right up

ash7
02-20-2008, 12:51 PM
:goodjob: Congrats on a sucessful engine swap.

-jonathan

greasemunkey
02-20-2008, 01:14 PM
thank you, one bad axle replacement and ill be set!!

AnthonyF
02-20-2008, 07:56 PM
lol...dont take this the wrong way..

dumbass. lol.

first thing you should ever do b4 working on a car unless its minimal is disconnect the neg terminal on the battery.

j0nbunklah0m
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
u should teach me how do to do engine swaps :(

AnthonyF
02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
^it all nuts and bolts. not that difficult. just time consuming

quickdodgeŽ
02-20-2008, 08:31 PM
hey guys I am in the process of swapping a b20b in the civic, when i pulled it out I was retarded trying to keep the car radio going while working and when I was undoing the alternator ground bolt it sparked and the power went off to the whole car, i didn't think anything of it till now when im close to start-up I have everything hooked up and still no power so I checked every fuse there is and replaced one blown one but still no power, any ideas??? I have another ecu ima try to hook up tomorrow and hook the battery up to a charger and see if it works in the morning, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what else it could be:thinking: , thanks

I think you nailed it right on the head with the title:

" no power in the honda"

I see the irony. Does anyone else? Later, QD.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I think you nailed it right on the head with the title:

" no power in the honda"

I see the irony. Does anyone else? Later, QD.

Isn't that ironic. lol.

j0nbunklah0m
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM

hmm. so how about all the wires n what not going everywhere.. i would need sumone to guide me if i were to do my own swap... srri off topic

greasemunkey
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
hmm. so how about all the wires n what not going everywhere.. i would need sumone to guide me if i were to do my own swap... srri off topictrust me you don't want o do a motor swap:no: ...anyways just got in from my first drive after swapping and o my god there is nothing wrong! lol, trans shifts like butter(rebuilt) motor sounds happy, no leaks, LOUD AS ****, forget sidepiping it, its way to loud but it doesn't sound like ricer ****, more like a crotch rocket. idle sits at 8-900 and doesn't fluctuate:cheers: . btw thanks again josh lol I wouldn't of had it running today if it weren't for your help, I need to start paying you $$$ and to QD, lets try running something faster than a 20sec 1/4 mile in ur neon lol

ash7
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
lol @ QD - good stufff :goodjob:

-jonathan

matthewAPM
02-21-2008, 08:39 PM
no power? welcome to honda

greasemunkey
02-21-2008, 09:07 PM
about the no power thing, I pulled on a stock 08 mustang gt today lololol

ash7
02-21-2008, 09:30 PM

That's not saying much bro, [stock] they don't have much power either. :)

-jonathan

greasemunkey
02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
still its funny to see a mustang getting taken by a 131whp honda

fucksohc
02-21-2008, 10:00 PM

probably 1 of the smartest comments i have seen on this fourm!
repped

AnthonyF
02-21-2008, 10:20 PM
hmm. so how about all the wires n what not going everywhere.. i would need sumone to guide me if i were to do my own swap... srri off topicok tips:

lil baggies. baggies you can write on. put intake manifold bolts in one bag, bracket botls in another, etc... helps out VERY much.

AnthonyF
02-21-2008, 10:21 PM

maybe try on an '05 v6??? :goodjob:

greasemunkey
02-21-2008, 11:09 PM
maybe try on an '05 v6??? :goodjob:huh? gt's are ez kills, b20's will walk them all day in a light chassis

greasemunkey
02-21-2008, 11:15 PM
ok tips:

lil baggies. baggies you can write on. put intake manifold bolts in one bag, bracket botls in another, etc... helps out VERY much.yea def true, if you don't do that, then gl ur not gonna remember ****. Its hard enough remembering where you put ur tools

Tech5
02-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Your welcome man, call me anytime, Joshua
trust me you don't want o do a motor swap:no: ...anyways just got in from my first drive after swapping and o my god there is nothing wrong! lol, trans shifts like butter(rebuilt) motor sounds happy, no leaks, LOUD AS ****, forget sidepiping it, its way to loud but it doesn't sound like ricer ****, more like a crotch rocket. idle sits at 8-900 and doesn't fluctuate:cheers: . btw thanks again josh lol I wouldn't of had it running today if it weren't for your help, I need to start paying you $$$ and to QD, lets try running something faster than a 20sec 1/4 mile in ur neon lol

Tech5
02-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Travis he is talking about his duh,,,,,,an its supercharged, I dont think your ready for that right now, BUT Ill take ANT in the charger though:goodjob:
maybe try on an '05 v6??? :goodjob:

greasemunkey
02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
oh lol, i thought he meant i can't take a v6...lol, im game if ur close haha i only like digs or like 20-100 top speed is like 115 in my hatch with this trans lo, it would be nice to get beat by a mustang for change:ninja:

greasemunkey
02-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Travis he is talking about his duh,,,,,,an its supercharged, I dont think your ready for that right now, BUT Ill take ANT in the charger though:goodjob:btw you suck, lol a crotch rocket and a charger? you have it made man.