PDA

View Full Version : heater help

JDMJAYDC2
02-19-2008, 04:39 AM
my heater worked really well before i did my swap in my 90 hatch just did the swap on sat-sun and now that i have the new motor in the heat does not work at all it just blows cold air.

what could this be?

thermostat?

air in the coolant?

waterpump? im really thinking mine is still good because the car does not run hot at all stays at normal level.

timing belt is fairly new. im going to check the fuse for the controls as well as get a new thermostat today if i have time just wondered if it could be something else as well:thinking:

MoonScryer
02-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Really dumb question: You did turn the blower motor on right? It is the only thing that has a fuse. Since you have a base hatch, there is nothing else.

Also, when you put the coolant in, did you set the heat/cool selector on the dash all the way to heat? If not, you got air in the system.

Easy thing to do: Fill the overflow bottle half way to the max line before you drive somewhere. When you park the car, it'll cool off and suck the coolant into the radiator displacing some of the air. Repeat until it stops sucking coolant.