PDA

View Full Version : Lowering question

JDMef88
02-18-2008, 06:26 PM
I got a set of coilovers with stock struts already attached. I read some stuff saying its bad to lower cars with stock struts...is it really that bad to lower 1.5-2 inches on stock struts? thx reps for kindness :):goodjob:

jew_boy
02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
if it a honda, no ive lowered alot of honda's with ebay coilovers and they all ride good

1NonlyAccord
02-18-2008, 06:34 PM
i have mine about 2.5" drop on ebay coilovers with stock struts on my 3000lb accord and it rides like crap,but managable.it just bounces ALOT.

hondaxpurt
02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
it will drastically decrease your strut life:no:

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
it will drastically decrease your strut life:no::yes:

ash7
02-18-2008, 06:54 PM
if it a honda, no ive lowered alot of honda's with ebay coilovers and they all ride good

so says the guy with a s/n of "bouncy!" with a cavalier in his sig.

:lmfao:
*sniff*
:ninja:

sorry, i just had to point that out.

"carry on!"

-jonathan

SLPR
02-18-2008, 09:14 PM
i dropped my crx 1.5" on TEIN sTECHS on stock struts and it rides fine. nice n smooth. but too, i have a car that barely weighs a ton.

jdm_91crx
02-18-2008, 10:38 PM
stocks will blow the F@*k up, mine did that's why I went with Tokickos HP...

RBS
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM

*sniff*

"carry on!"

-jonathan

i think thats a sunfire y0! :eek:

ash7
02-19-2008, 12:25 AM
i think thats a sunfire y0! :eek:

you and i both know that the cavalier and sunfire are the same cars man. :) But good catch, my bad. :goodjob:

-jonathan

NAG2I
02-19-2008, 12:33 AM
unless your doing autocross or anything of the sort you will be fine with that moderate of a drop.
it will probably be a little bouncy
but my car is more bouncy with tokico blues then it was with the stock struts.

matthewAPM
02-19-2008, 01:08 AM
have fun keeping those shocks. Also, it will ride like crap because your shocks wont keep up with the spring rates.

just go ahead and get some shocks. you will be happy you did. (koni)

mushroom_toy
02-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Honestly its not gonna ride perfect, but IM not gonna jump on the bandwagon and say it rides like ass. I dont mind the ride at all, and my rear stocks are really stiff with the 350;b springs in rear. Not bouncy. Actually buddy in the truth its all how you drive. The coilovers I have on my car I got from slow_hatch on here, and they had stock struts on em when I got em, and he had em on his car for a long time, and had it lowered considerably. If i didnt get front tokicos from the junkyard I would still be on stock struts all around, but im only running stock rears. Honestly the ride in the rear isnt 100% perfect but for free, its a hell of a lot better, with a lot better handling. You seen my car and the tophat mod, so really its all up to you if ya wanna do it or not, but I say go for it.

mushroom_toy
02-19-2008, 01:11 AM
have fun keeping those shocks. Also, it will ride like crap because your shocks wont keep up with the spring rates.

just go ahead and get some shocks. you will be happy you did. (koni)

Nope lol. Doesnt ride like poo lol, im riding with em. Btw we need a mountain run soon, I need to test my suspension out, and make sure my tophat mod isnt gonna break haha.

DeeAOne
02-19-2008, 01:13 AM

*sniff*

"carry on!"

-jonathan
lmao damn mike you just got owned. :lmfao:

matthewAPM
02-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Nope lol. Doesnt ride like poo lol, im riding with em. Btw we need a mountain run soon, I need to test my suspension out, and make sure my tophat mod isnt gonna break haha.

breaking on a mountain run is bad, breaking at a autocross is good.

im done with mtn. runs with the EF. the race season has started so i got to keep it at 100%.

mushroom_toy
02-19-2008, 01:15 AM
breaking on a mountain run is bad, breaking at a autocross is good.

im done with mtn. runs with the EF. the race season has started so i got to keep it at 100%.

Nah man I keep all extra crap with me, even IF a bolt was to snap or something I have replacement parts, but Ive been ragging on my front and its holding up fine, so im sure itll be good.

wantboost
02-19-2008, 02:13 PM
i would be more afraid of driving off a cliff than just having to fix something..... but hey thats just me

matthewAPM
02-19-2008, 02:15 PM
i would be more afraid of driving off a cliff than just having to fix something..... but hey thats just me

exactly. hitting a cone vs. hitting a tree after falling 200ft. off a mountain.

Tech5
02-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah mee toooo.........
exactly. hitting a cone vs. hitting a tree after falling 200ft. off a mountain.

.:Stirfry:.
02-19-2008, 02:37 PM

*sniff*

"carry on!"

-jonathan

PWNED ....

its juss gunna kill the life of the shocks.. && doesnt ride all to well on my opinion::..

bRiAnMcIvIcS
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
get some tokico illumina struts.:yes: