PDA

View Full Version : REPPING FAQs

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
well i need answers... lol and my answers will help others. I wonder how you're suppose to REP people and give them a correct amount of points. i say when someone repped me and they had about 7+ bars, i get alot of points added to my rep count. then again, someone else rep me and i get ONE points and that person has like 3 bars. Does writing a REP COMMENT help give out more points?

so basically guy 1 has five green bars and he reps me with no rep comment, i get only 1 bar.

guy 2 has about the same and writes something and i get 5 bars.

guy 3 has 5 bars and reps me without saying anything, i get two..?

i dont know how this rep thing works. i wanna give out the deserved points. =D

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
it is determined on posts+time here+ rep points they have

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 05:41 PM
^^ based on tested experiment or a hypothesis? haha say i got three and i rep u.. what will u get?

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 05:41 PM
+1 prob

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
how depressing..

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 05:43 PM
based on previous rep threads from OG members

Tracy
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Reps are a reward and they are based on some calculation that none of know. You have been told the basics, but none of us knows the exact calculation.

EJ25RUN
02-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Reps are a reward and they are based on some calculation that none of know. You have been told the basics, but none of us knows the exact calculation.

Tracy read what you just wrote again!

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
^^ contradicting.. isnt it? but i get what she's saying lol

81911SC
02-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Like Scots said Time here+How many you have+Posts = how many you are worth. Negatives are worth less then how many poz you are worth. Writing in the box has nothing to do with it. So when I neg you in a sec, even if I don't write anything it will still take the same number away.

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 06:00 PM
lol @ gene bein an A$$ , green for joo ! lol , nm
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 81911SC again.

81911SC
02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
lol @ gene bein an A$$ , green for joo ! lol , nm
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 81911SC again.
Back at ya. Scotty

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 06:04 PM
^ bleh! well i guess so.. basically u get what u get.. cant make a sure guesss of how many points u're gonna get. i always thouhgt u're worth how many green bars you got.

MongolPup
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
lol well no matter the exact calculation, the best way to NOT get good reps is to post in a thread that is all about asking for them. Keep that in mind and read what Tracy wrote and you'll be good.

Nitro
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Like Scots said Time here+How many you have+Posts = how many you are worth. Negatives are worth less then how many poz you are worth. Writing in the box has nothing to do with it. So when I neg you in a sec, even if I don't write anything it will still take the same number away.

hahaha

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
lol well no matter the exact calculation, the best way to NOT get good reps is to post in a thread that is all about asking for them. Keep that in mind and read what Tracy wrote and you'll be good.he never asked for reps , just was askin how it worked , and i know he should of used the search tool b4 postin this:taun:

MongolPup
02-18-2008, 06:27 PM
he never asked for reps , just was askin how it worked , and i know he should of used the search tool b4 postin this:taun:

I know, that's why I didn't say "start a thread like this".

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM
lol , i just reread your post , my bad

Nitro
02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
lol , i just reread your post , my bad

reading is fundamental.

Bwahahahahahahaha

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 06:35 PM
lol well no matter the exact calculation, the best way to NOT get good reps is to post in a thread that is all about asking for them. Keep that in mind and read what Tracy wrote and you'll be good.

ok wtf? lol blehh.. i dont care anymore. lol

he never asked for reps , just was askin how it worked , and i know he should of used the search tool b4 postin this:taun:
i should've searched for another thread? i guess...

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I know, that's why I didn't say "start a thread like this".
thread prupose: to get a better understanding of how REP POINTS, basically work.:doh:

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 07:09 PM
and if you repp people tooo much, you get this message: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
alot of people was helping me lol so i repped them and returned reps. cant believe i got this message.

Scotsman
02-18-2008, 07:12 PM
lol , it tends to happen

blackshine007
02-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Do a search on threads that QD started and you will find that some months back he found something that talked about exactly how rep points work.

osnap
02-18-2008, 07:42 PM
anybody wanna tell me how much im worth? just curious.

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 07:48 PM
^ you're worth shiiit! u're porbabli 7-9 cuz scotsman is worth 7 and his join date is about same as ur and he has alot of bars like you.

redrumracer
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
joooo

khaxnguyen
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
lol REDRUMRACER.. lol thanks! but i ddint get any Negs.. that guy was joking. he pos rep me.. but cant rep within the next 24 hours.. i'll return it later.. it's such a handicap....

BTLFED
02-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I know mine are worth 20.

No you can't have any.

blackshine007
02-18-2008, 08:03 PM
anybody wanna tell me how much im worth? just curious.
I can tell you, but tell me mines. I think mine are worth +6 nowadays

1slowep3
02-19-2008, 01:31 AM
From exp. I can tell you negs from QD are worth 20.I learned the hard way.Got my share twice.

khaxnguyen
02-19-2008, 08:28 AM
^^ hahaha fuucking dummie.. yeah he got me when i first came here too, but onli ONCE..

Sammich
02-19-2008, 08:30 AM
+15 to whoever can answer this question with intelligence

Sammich
02-19-2008, 08:31 AM
From exp. I can tell you negs from QD are worth 20.I learned the hard way.Got my share twice.

LMFAOIRL:lmfao:

1slowep3
02-19-2008, 10:31 AM
I am a little hard headed.

Psycho
02-19-2008, 11:01 AM
none of us knows the exact calculation.
Satan does...

EM1toEVO
02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
^LMMFAO at your sig!!

khaxnguyen
02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
^LMMFAO at your sig!!

and that was all he's good for. =D i kiidddd

Tracy
02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
found this:

Your Reputation Power is the number of points you give when you rep someone else, and is calculated as follows ;

Your Green (positive) Reputation Power is ;

* One point for every 1000 posts you have made.
* One point for every 250 points of reputation you have.
* One point for each 365 days you have been a member.

Your Red (negative) repping power is half of your green repping power.

For a rep to count you must have at least 10 points, and have made at least 1 post. Non counting reps are displayed as Grey.

You can give a maximum of 20 reputation "hits" per 24 hour period, and must rep at least five different people before you can rep the same person again (Administrators are exempt from these two limits).

A number of green & golden pips are used to show other users your reputation level. The first five pips are dull green, the next five are bright green, then you can have up to 10 golden pips (after that is currently a secret).

Each pip in it's color group has a set value.

Tracy
02-19-2008, 03:30 PM
found this too:

How many Reputation points can I give?
When you first become a member, and after you've made ten posts, your Reputation actions are worth one point. However, your Reputation power increases over time.

Bonuses: For every 90 days you're a member, you get an additional point of power (so each click is then worth two points, for example). For every 100 posts you make, you get an additional point of power. And for ever 50 Reputation points you receive from other members, you get an additional point of power. So if you're an active and longtime member, you'll find the Reputation ranks you give to posts can carry quite a bit of weight.

Limits: As mentioned above, you need to have made at least ten posts on the forum before your Reputation actions have any effect. Also, you can assign Reputation points to only ten posts per day (so save them for truly the best or worst posts). And you have to assign Reputation points to at least ten different members before you can assign them to a member a second time (so spread the wealth!).

Finally, if your Reputation score falls below 10 points — the number you get when you first join — you lose the ability to participate in the Reputation system.

khaxnguyen
02-19-2008, 03:36 PM
^ isnt that two different information?
**For every 100 posts you make, you get an additional point of power
**One point for every 1000 posts you have made.
***One point for every 250 points of reputation you have.
***for ever 50 Reputation points you receive from other members, you get an additional point of power

>>sooo? this is more confusing now. which one to go by?

EM1toEVO
02-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Tracy dropping some knowledge!

Tracy
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
don't feel like reading all of this, but maybe someone can find it:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/reputation_intro

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230697

Tracy
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
^ isnt that two different information?
**For every 100 posts you make, you get an additional point of power
**One point for every 1000 posts you have made.
***One point for every 250 points of reputation you have.
***for ever 50 Reputation points you receive from other members, you get an additional point of power

>>sooo? this is more confusing now. which one to go by?

I am just using Google :D and posting up what I find. If you don't like it...DIAF! :)

khaxnguyen
02-19-2008, 03:41 PM
yeah it's ok.. i kinda gave up 10 posts back after figuring out that my green bars ARENT what i'm worth.

Tracy
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93644&highlight=reputation+system+calculated

"First let me say that if this would work properly it would be the coolest new feature in VB3, and it nearly does work properly, more so on a new VB3 board.

Ive seen some good questions asked that none of the developers are answering that are really preventing me from opening my upgraded board with the Rep system turned on.

Questions 1: When you adjust a user's reputation you are able to post a comment. Where is this comment viewable on the board? Where is it stored in the db?

Question 2: In the 'User' table I can see a field for 'reputation' which stores a users reputation score. I have no clue how VB3 decides how much reputation giving/taking power a user has. It doesn't appear to be in the database so it must be calculated when the user gives/takes rep from someone. Where is it?

Question 3: Unfortunately VB3 currently does not upgrade a board to reflect reputation scores based on post count, join date etc. I would imagine the developers will make this a feature of the final version of VB3. I have been desperate to try and build a query to edit all user's rep scores based on criteria assigned in the admincp. IE: 1 point for every 90 days. 1 point for every 500 existing posts etc. A query based on posts is not so hard:

UPDATE user SET reputation= posts/500;

But what about the rest of the criteria - Like joindate? This has me stumped.

Question 4: I am also worried that by adjusting everyones rep score the rep power giving points will not relect these changes. Is that the case? Will it screw anything else up if I adjust these values?

Anyways if the Rep system is not yet ready to use on an upgraded board the way I and others have asked about thats fine, I will turn the feature off until the Gold version arrives. Please let me know if that is the case. However, if it's just a matter of a simple query can someone lend me a hand with it? I would be VERY grateful as I am sort of just waiting for a solution to this before I can open my upgraded board.

Thanks for reading! "

"1 - The user who receives the comment can see them in their UserCP. The comments are stored in the reputation table. Moderators can edit them in the mod cp.

2 - Reputation Power is dtermined at run time since it depends on the factors you assign in the Admincp. These factors are dynamic but if you edit a user in the admincp you will see their current reputation power. It is calculated so you can not alter it.

3 - Reputation scores are based on what other users think of your posts, not how many posts you have or how long you have been a member. All users to start out on an even level when reputation is enabled for the first time. If you wish to seed everyone's reputation with calculated values, you will need to ask at vbulletin.org for help since that is not an option at this time.

4 - A user's reputation score has only has some effect on their reputation power as it is only one of the factors that controls it. You can see it in the reputation options as "Reputation Point Factor"."

khaxnguyen
02-19-2008, 03:48 PM
LOL, TRACY! i hate reading too!

Tech5
02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
wow thanks tracy well - done like my steaks lol

Tracy
02-19-2008, 03:55 PM
I win

Tech5
02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
lol yes you do

BTLFED
02-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I win

I miss you Tracy! :cry:

Tracy
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I miss you Tracy! :cry:me too booger. :cry:

BTLFED
02-19-2008, 05:37 PM
me too booger. :cry:

When we going out again? It's been OMG too long!!

khaxnguyen
02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
^^ gtfoutta here with your personal stuffs. lol i'm kidding. this thread is done already. thanks for all the inputs!

Tracy
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
When we going out again? It's been OMG too long!!

Well I quit drinking as of my 31st birthday after puking on myself and then proceeding to puke at my birthday dinner then proceeding to puke for 12 hours straight after that. So if you want to get together for tea sometime, you have my number. :D

BTLFED
02-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Well I quit drinking as of my 31st birthday after puking on myself and then proceeding to puke at my birthday dinner then proceeding to puke for 12 hours straight after that. So if you want to get together for tea sometime, you have my number. :D

Are you serious?!?! Why wasn't I invited?!

Tracy
02-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Are you serious?!?! Why wasn't I invited?!Well I started drinking at noon on an empty stomach and was found in my bed laying in puke at 5:30. No one was invited to that party. I was all alone while everyone else was at work :D

BKgen®
02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
i've posted this before... here's pretty much how it works. it calculates based on the following factors:

http://forums.dsstester.com/vbb/images/misc/rep_system_cap.gif

granted, our rep system's numbers probably aren't exactly the same... but you get the idea.