PDA

View Full Version : SCCA autocross 2/17

matthewAPM
02-17-2008, 08:10 PM
So the Atlanta Region SCCA autocross season is underway. Our first event was put on at Six Flags over Georgia. A great turnout not only for STS but for all classes. The course was AWESOME! Very flowing and veryyyy long. Lucky for use, the morning runs and PRO class all got to run in the dry. Sadly, the novice run group had to run in the rain and the DDP (drive devlopment program) got cancelled do to tornado warning. Both me and my co-driver had a really good first event. My first run was all over the place with my next 3 with cones. My last one out I finally got the tire pressures right and ended up 2nd overall. (with hondas taking the top 3 spots). A few people from here showed up and was really great meeting/talking to them. All in all, it was an awesome event.I cant wait to see the new running format for this year and all the compitition in the PRO run group, its gonna be a battle...

If anyone has any pictures, post them up. I will try to get mine and some videos up, as well as the results.

BTW, SmokinJoe, your Works Mini is amazing! great looking car man :goodjob:

Elbow
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Wish I could have made it, will be at the next one.

matthewAPM
02-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Wish I could have made it, will be at the next one.

damn man, missing the trackday and now the first event? WTF

atlantamx3
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
What an awesome course! I am glad the rain stayed away for the class runs.

Post some pics! Especially of the MX-3 with Blue wheels!

matthewAPM
02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
What an awesome course! I am glad the rain stayed away for the class runs.

Post some pics! Especially of the MX-3 with Blue wheels!

haha. i heard about your shocks. LMAO.

Elbow
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
damn man, missing the trackday and now the first event? WTF

The Lil Tally track day? Payment request came too fast today I had another thing, and have a few basic things to do to the car. Megasquirt should be on this week :goodjob:

atlantamx3
02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
haha. i heard about your shocks. LMAO.

My Shocks?

Do tell!

matthewAPM
02-17-2008, 10:48 PM
My Shocks?

Do tell!

jesse told me about the stock rear and the blue fronts. handles good for them old things. BTW, what wheels were those?

atlantamx3
02-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Yeah gotta LOL @ the stock rear struts... They are OEM from 1992. The Blues have been on since 2001 or 2002.

The wheels are Rota J-Mags. Cheap knock offs of the real-deal Mugens that Dexter has. I figured the blue wheels would help me stand out a bit and maybe some peeps would actually take pics of my car this year. Last season they just did not exist! LOL

This was my first time on R-compound tires too.

matthewAPM
02-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Yeah gotta LOL @ the stock rear struts... They are OEM from 1992. The Blues have been on since 2001 or 2002.

The wheels are Rota J-Mags. Cheap knock offs of the real-deal Mugens that Dexter has. I figured the blue wheels would help me stand out a bit and maybe some peeps would actually take pics of my car this year. Last season they just did not exist! LOL

This was my first time on R-compound tires too.

haha. yeah jesse was like, yeah its like the civic...with 100 more pounds. ha.

yeah man. u never got any pics of tht thing.

so how was the R's? the bridgestones were equal to the toyo's which really suprised me. everyone was saying they were a second faster yet bill was the only car ahead. cant wait for SGMP NT. u going?

atlantamx3
02-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I am hoping to upgrade to the ZX-2 S/R struts and ground control coilovers this season once I payoff some other debts.

atlantamx3
02-17-2008, 11:23 PM
SGMP is pretty far for me. That and I will not be competitive AT ALL in SM at a national event. Hell i am not competitive here yet, much less with National Level players.

matthewAPM
02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
SGMP is pretty far for me. That and I will not be competitive AT ALL in SM at a national event. Hell i am not competitive here yet, much less with National Level players.

yeah National SM is crazy. the evo is crazy.

now u see y i sold the miata. regional champion, national loser...

matthewAPM
02-18-2008, 12:25 AM
results are up... http://www.soloatlanta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175

matthewAPM
02-18-2008, 02:27 PM
pictures are up from the event... http://www.flickr.com/photos/beavizzle/sets/72157603928680304/